The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Trip Dr

Bad Shroom?

Hey ya'll here's a story, totally hypothetical of course, that was a real freak out to all involved.

Three gnomes all with a fair amount of tripping under their belt decided to go a few shrooms one night. All ate the same amount(they also had the same amount and batch the week b4). After an hour or so effects were setting in, although not as strong/different to what they were expecting. Few hours passed one gnome insisting no effects were being felt, but huge dialated pupils were present. Other gnomes were feeling effects, perhaps a bit mild. All gnomes consumed one can burbon and cola. All were smoking weed also. However aprox 4 hours after the initial dose was had one gnome began acting weird after smoking another bowl(note: this gnome had been cutting down on weed recently, hadn't smoked all week). He stood up and began wandering around bumping into things, was unresponsive, then eyes rolled back in his head and fell to his knees. After the other gnomes dragged him out to the car came to. This was a real freak out to all involved, with the other onlooking gnomes wonderng if they were next!

The trip to the hospital was cancelled, with the gnome seeming ok, but he was shaking for a fair while afterwards.

My Q: to me i put this down to too much weed perhaps potentiated by the shrooms, or does it soundlike toadstool posioning?

namaste

Trip Dr

It sounds kind of similar to what my partner has experienced - there's an old post around here somewhere. It was put down to hypogleicaemia. We have also wondered if there was a low blood pressure issue as well. Other people I know have also experienced similar things although not as strongly as this gnome's friend.

i have seen something like that happen, weed was a factor. shrooms may have been similar to your batch perhaps?

I would have to agree that hypoglycemia could have been a possibility - if he was cold and clammy - it seems likely.

But i have never sen that kind of reaction from shrooms - ever, but i have seen a couple of weird-arsed norwegians pass out after sharing a splif with them at uni - he said he felt 'weird' and we told him that was the aim - then he passed out and fell onto the ground.

Mushrooms can send you to all sorts of fucking weird places - where up is down and down is right, etc... and i foten get quite clammy and cold during the come up - due to bloodsugar weirdness, but lots of proetin before the experience takes that affect away to some degree.

Poisonous mushrooms would not have that effect - you would expect violent vomiting and diaherra - even liver pain (all of this was experienced by friend after eating Stropharia aurentiaca - that red mushroom that looks kinda like subs) - and this goes away, onlky to return days later.

I have fainted from an excessive dose of cannabis. It was great, one of the best trips I had. The fools I was with let me get up twice while I was unconscious which probably intensified the effect.

Possibly low blood pressure is involved. In future I will be avoiding standing up on these occasions.

It was not low bloodsugar. But when I smoke I smoke to the barrier. With a tolerance built up over years this doesn't matter much. But to a beginner or someone who only smokes once a month a joint of the latest skunk brand is well into overdose. Can save a fortune on grass with a low tolerance.