The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamwalker.

is Ai singularity the solution?

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dHVtUw5wToA

Edited by Dreamwalker.
  • Like 3

i nearly saw the singularity's boobs.

gotta love giordano's alex jones, and hugo's keytar dancing at the end. i think rap news goes beyond entertainment but who could deny that it's highly entertaining?

it's challenging to believe in AI literally being equivalent and therefore greater than human intelligence, but then human intelligence does have serious limitations. i think we're very good at studying minutiae, but integrating all of our knowledge is where the mind becomes stretched far beyond its limits. it is also pushed to the limits when "projecting" or imagining further possibilities based on current knowledge, or any visualising in general. all forms of thinking are imperfect processes, the mind is prone to errors unlike computers. on the one hand this strengthens the argument that computers could "think much further" than we can, on the other hand it strengthens the arguments that computer intelligence is not the same beast as human intelligence.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

i wonder why people think a technology created by humans modelled after human consciousness will be the "solution" to humanity?

^ because it could excel where our biology places limitations on us.

i don't think it's the solution but i don't think it isn't either.

there used to be a poster here named devance, approximately described as "engrish" meets mad professor meets etherealdrifter on a good night. he'd post all of these weird links with his own even weirder commentary in conversations where they didn't entirely belong. he never got banned like warrioe sage and his posts were shorter and more to the point (if you can call them that). he probably had everyone fooled into thinking he was some burnt out flower child who somehow learned how to internet before his mind left this reality on a tangent. that's how i remember him.

probably computer software though. i'll bet $500 he was a program.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

I'm not sure, but it has to get better than this

• Like 1

devance, In Topic: Sceletium for gallbladder pain

29 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Using mesembs and the herb Chanca piedra, has a effect of of shitting, peeing, salivating, all the same time and not pleasant, for 20 minutes.

So a warning there is a bad or super interaction as a smooth mucle stimulator.

Meh, primitive AI have lucid moments. It's pretending it has bodily functions outside of fan speed and core temp.

• Like 1