The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mimzy

Any idea what is doing this to my peres stocks?

This orange spot seems seems to have come with the recent wet period we have had. Appears to be infectious and targets new growth. Does anyone know if its fungal or viral. Has anyone been successful treating it?

This orange spot seems seems to have come with the recent wet period we have had. Appears to be infectious and targets new growth. Does anyone know if its fungal or viral. Has anyone been successful treating it?

any pic's?

Ahh sorry I had it ready to attach and forgot to click upload!

Here's the problem.

Spotty peres

Ahh bugger, its grafting season and I don't have any peres now! I'll get some copper onto those leaves tomorrow. Thanks greentea.

"Rust is very hard to treat. Fungicides such as Mancozeb or Triforine may help but may never eradicate the disease. Some organic preventative solutions are available and sulphur powder is known to stop germination. High standards of hygiene and good soil drainage and careful watering may minimise problems. Any appearance of rust must be immediately dealt with by removing and burning all affected leaves. Composting, or leaving infected vegetation on the ground will spread the disease."

Listen mate i think you are going to have to relocate and move houses, how is your financial position? I suggest you sell your house when the red rust isnt that obvious so the potential victim/buyers don't know of the red rust. I have got red rust on my pereskiopsis they literally rotted. And the healthy ones i graft how long until the red rust kills them?

• Like 1