The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
doxneed2c-me

Lithops Non Toxic?

I read somewhere about lithops as house plants that said they were non toxic is this true as thy are from the ice plant family?

Edited by doxneed2c-me

I also read about lithops somewhere - will have to trawl though some of Sobiecki's articles again - maybe in one of the African plants threads. Too sick right now to be bothered, sorry.

Do mean, "If-someone-were-to-eat-them-they-wouldn't-die" non-toxic?

• Like 1

If a cat ate them would the cat be alright. I ask before I put them out in the open.

My friends iguana devoured his extensive lithops collection and was perfectly fine. But was grounded to its terrarium for weeks after that. Dont know abouth cats tough.

• Like 1

I have had magpies fuck up mine once... it was a year the population was high, but they didn't eat them

the seemed to have had played a very entertaining game for them: check which are the soft ones and which are the real peddles... then they could take the lithops of the pot... beak marks but not eating...

• Like 1

My guess would be there harmless. I come to this conclusion on the thinking Lithops have evolved to be camouflaged, if the were poisonous there would be no need for them to blend in with there surroundings.

Cheers

Jox

• Like 1