The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
BillyThKid

Argyreia nervosa Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Hello everyone. I could not find a very recent Thread on the Hawaiian baby woodrose so i figured i would start this one and see who all here is still growing them.

I got my own Woodrose last year in July. It was a gift from a Shaman friend of mine who has been teaching me for almost 2 years now. It is actually a clone from his plant which was grown from seed. Clones from woodrose vines are tricky to take but work well.

My vine had been on the plant for 3 years and off the plant for 2 now, It has grown a lot and i will show you the picture of it as of a couple weeks ago and then it when i first got it and such. Im working on taking clones from her now and have two spots scaffold rooting right now which is where you wrap a pot around a vine where you pulled a leaf node at and rooting it from there with rooting hormone and soil.

nice wild growth

post-14984-0-65910300-1400780873_thumb.j

July 8th of 2013

post-14984-0-52763600-1400780896_thumb.j

July 13th after i got it something to grow on.

post-14984-0-21070000-1400780916_thumb.j

And now for some reason all the other pictures i want to upload of it are too large even though they were all taken with the same camera so i will try and upload them later.

post-14984-0-65910300-1400780873_thumb.jpg

post-14984-0-52763600-1400780896_thumb.jpg

post-14984-0-21070000-1400780916_thumb.jpg

post-14984-0-65910300-1400780873_thumb.jpg

post-14984-0-52763600-1400780896_thumb.jpg

post-14984-0-21070000-1400780916_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Great looking plant! I just sowed a few of my seeds I had sitting around and have had 1 pop up so far, any idea on germination time or germ rate of older seed?

My camera does the same thing, depending on what is going on in the image they sometimes exceed 2 MB so I right click the picture and edit then you should be able to resize from there (hopefully). I usually just scale it down a few %...

If there's an easier way to do this somebody please chime in :wink:

Great looking plant! I just sowed a few of my seeds I had sitting around and have had 1 pop up so far, any idea on germination time or germ rate of older seed?

My camera does the same thing, depending on what is going on in the image they sometimes exceed 2 MB so I right click the picture and edit then you should be able to resize from there (hopefully). I usually just scale it down a few %...

If there's an easier way to do this somebody please chime in :wink:

I figured out a way. But its only something you can do if you have an instagram app account. I accessed it from here and i have all my pictures uploaded onto it and i take a screen shot with my computer, which happens to be the right size. I just dont have ALL my pictures on the app.

Thank you very much for the complement, i will tell my woodrose she has another admirer. Im taking clones from her now so i hope to get a few new plants of it going. It has so mnay side branches i have at least 6 places i could clone easy and still have a nice mother plant.

I have 3 growing from seed, from 2 different sources.
All are in my green house and one has a vine now almost 6 foot tall - just about at the top the roof on my mini-GH.

• Like 1

I have 3 growing from seed, from 2 different sources.

All are in my green house and one has a vine now almost 6 foot tall - just about at the top the roof on my mini-GH.

How old are they. and do you have harsh winters and have to bring it in doors?

• Like 1

I have one growing outdoors, I like the idea of growing one inside tho, have to give it a whirl when spring returns.

• Like 1

How old are they. and do you have harsh winters and have to bring it in doors?

About 9 months, we get enough frost that i think they will need to over winter in the greenhouse for at least the first few years.

I have one growing outdoors, I like the idea of growing one inside tho, have to give it a whirl when spring returns.

I only grow inside during winter because they cannot stand freezing temperatures for long at all. they are fully tropical and wont winter unless indoors. I had no room for extra lights so he got to get a bay window and grew well, now he is outside and producing many new vines. clone time!

About 9 months, we get enough frost that i think they will need to over winter in the greenhouse for at least the first few years.

As i said above, Woodrose wont survive the cold, frost killed two of mine, and it was only a lite frost. they must be wintered no matter how old. they need warm and light.