The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bℓσωηG

Thailand and Cambodia mini trip report with pics

Hey all , well its been a while since i returned from 2 months abroad in Thailand and Cambodia .
I have finally been able to sort through my photos ,thought id share a few with you .

This was my third trip to Thailand, but my first trip to Cambodia .

I was super impressed by Cambodia and its people who are really friendly .
Things seem to be more relaxed in Cambodia.. even the traffic moved slower.
I got offered everything and anything by friendly taxi drivers in Shihanoukville ,and even bought a few trinkets :P

I met with my internet girlfriend from Estonia in Bangkok and we stayed together the whole 2 months so there was no hunting for sexy thai girls this time ,just stuck to the touristy things which was a nice change.

Ankor Wat in Cambodia blew my fucking mind! i would like to go back again in low season as it was a little crowded during March.

I hope if you have ever thought about going to either country that you do so,they both rock!

Krabi

sabposttrip29_zps5f22f078.jpg

• Like 8

Loads of Euphorbias cliff hanging around Krabi , they were even living on tiny rocky outcrops in the water , no idea how they made it out to them.

sabposttrip1_zps22778432.jpg

sabposttrip2_zpsfa7141dd.jpg

• Like 3

A Cycad doing the cliffhanging thing :)

sabposttrip3_zps3bf81703.jpg

• Like 5

Krabi Kingfisher chillin...

sabposttrip4_zpse9e30a48.jpg

• Like 6

I had a marvellous time in Cambodia till I nearly got shot!!

I dug Angkor wot as well, siem riep is a pretty awesome place to partay! Phnom pen was way to hectic for me though. U must make vietnam ur next destination.

• Like 1

I dug Angkor wot as well, siem riep is a pretty awesome place to partay! Phnom pen was way to hectic for me though. U must make vietnam ur next destination.

Did you stay in Sihanoukville ? Siem reap is a bit more reserved and catered to temple visiting families and Phnom pen is way too hectic lol , good thing about Sihanoukville is its on the beach so you can always go for a nice stroll along the coast when the hagglers, scammers and beggars become too much.

Also Snooky is the jumping off point to the islands of Ko rong etc... which i highly recommend visiting especially if single ,chokablok with hawt euro backpackers omg...

Yeah id love to go Vietnam and also Laos sounds great too...one day i reckon.

Edited by bℓσωηG

Buddha... buddha... buddah... everywhere

sabposttrip7_zps96118897.jpg

sabposttrip8_zpsd7d411c9.jpg

Some places in Thailand i visited were Ko Tao island (fantastic!) , Ko Lipe island (remote) , Krabi , Chang mai , and Pai ..

The town of Pai is north of Chang mai its mega laid back ,alot of people from all over the world have settled there to live and run business as its so chilled.

Ko Tao island was great ..Nice locals some of whom are descendants of Malaysian mariners/pirates they chew betal nut constantly as part of their culture.

I befriended one who supplied me with betal nut every day, for so little money 20 baht for 8 pieces . He spun out when i asked him about the betal nut he was chewing like how would i even know what it was when we first met, and he was even more surprised that i enjoyed chewing it myself . Couldnt get enough of the stuff!

sabposttrip25_zps41e86965.jpg

sabposttrip28_zps10df383a.jpg

• Like 2

looks awesome! keep the pics coming.

happy birthday too cuz!

• Like 1

Cool trip.

Although actually I find the fact you went to Cambodia to meet your Estonian internet girlfriend to be the most interesting part!

• Like 2

spotted a real life golden Buddha in the coastal forest of Railay beach Krabi province :)

wB4Gi9i.jpg

• Like 4

Also i should mention my near death experience whilst riding a motorbike, and urge travellers to Thailand or anywhere in Asia to think twice before hiring a bike to get around.
I feel extremely lucky to be alive after a head on collision with another motorbike rider,(a crazy inexperienced thai youth) on a seemingly quiet mountain road in chang mai .
I recieved a deep gash in the middle of my forehead requiring 18 stitches, a broken nose ,two black eyes ,with lots and lots of blood.
Three motorbike riders (all mates) were overtaking a bus, on a blind corner on a narrow road ,going down hill...there was no avoiding what came flying around the corner.
As soon as it happened the guys friends started scraping a piece of metal from his bike in the middle of the road to mark where they were going to tell the police where the accident happened, according to them (unfuckingbelievable).
I was as left, to the left side of the road as you can be ,and was riding very cautiously and safe .

In Thailand it is very common for any accidents involving tourists to be automatically blamed on the tourist no matter how many witnesses or proof is put forward,its a big scam.
Some days later i met an English guy who has lived in Chang mai for 15 years ,and he said it is very common and i was actually very lucky that the accident was viewed as both the riders faults , ( i had to fix the rental bike , the other guy had to fix his own bike ).

He told me about his mate who witnessed a pile up involving three thais on bikes at an intersection.

He stopped his bike and helped carry the victims and thier bikes to the side of the road and to safety. When the police arrived all three thais said it was the ''falangs'' fault , he was just helping them ffs!!! and he ended up in jail .
Thai culture aye? I still love the place but just beware!

Edited by bℓσωηG

The beaches of Thailand especially Ko Lipe, and Ko tao where stunning, but sooo much plastic and it was such a shame to be snorkelling and having to see the plastic bags all snagged up on the live coral . I felt like picking it up but there is so much it would be never ending.

K8kxqxy.jpg

• Like 1

Oh and light bulbs!! light bulbs of every shape and size strewn all over the beaches of Ko rong in Cambodia , i have never seen so many bulbs all at once . Okay if you could think of some use for them there :P

Dumping some more pics to finish off my trip report, thanks for visiting this thread, i hope it helps inspire some travellin out there!!

sabposttrip5_zps473111c1.jpg

sabposttrip24_zps865fcbd4.jpg

sabposttrip23_zps29800616.jpg

• Like 2

Lots of cashew nut trees on the beach in Cambodia...

sabposttrip22_zps6f127d39.jpg

Crested Euphorbias were plentiful in Thailand gardens

sabposttrip26_zps19629c7d.jpg

sabposttrip20_zpscac1e296.jpg

sabposttrip21_zpsf1f29186.jpg

sabposttrip18_zpse362a758.jpg

sabposttrip19_zps515a60e0.jpg

• Like 1

sabposttrip16_zps6c1a5a24.jpg

sabposttrip14_zps4f365f91.jpg

sabposttrip17_zps91cf1f22.jpg

sabposttrip15_zps6f9cd801.jpg

sabposttrip13_zps5ac8a055.jpg

sabposttrip11_zps090ff294.jpg

sabposttrip10_zpsf1c6ab3f.jpg

• Like 2

sabposttrip12_zps2379f406.jpg

sabposttrip9_zps16c657e2.jpg

:)

• Like 1

Looks like an awesome Holiday, love the pic's and they are really well taken. Those temples and vines really take me back to those 80's Temple of doom / romancing the stone type movies I watched when I was young. Thanks for taking the time to post your travels. I will definitely consider these ideas on my next trip

I can relate to not wanting to ride in these areas. Vanuatu is similar. No giving way at intersections etc. I can recommend Cook islands for a nice relaxing place with great beaches you can travel around on a scooter with out being killed by a crazy local as there is practically no people on the roads.

Edited by rigger