The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

N.G.A Still Operating

The president of N.G.A (Nefarious Gnomes Anonymous) has apparently invested in a still.

According to the New Zealand native, home distillation hobby kits are legal there and thus he can produce close to 4litres of 38% spirits in a few short weeks, all for the cost of a pinch of yeast and 4 kilos of sugar or a bag of potatoes.

The ANGAZAC (Australian Nefarious Gnomes Anonymous New Zealand Allied Coalition) have proposed new plans to go from parties & functions, even through garbage bins, pouring leftover alcoholic beverages into lager containers for later distillation into Ethanol suitable for extraction purposes.

Sound like a load of garbage it sure is.

Minutes from the N.G.A's most recent AGM discuss plans to call a temporary halt to all nonsensical late night gibberish posts like this one.

Another pressing issue raised in this year's second N.G.A AGM was allegations of falsified N.G.A membership forms, neither the accused parties nor persons making the allegation were able to be contacted.

Despite disruptions to the N.G.A's usually flawless administrative process, plans to produce large quantities of potent, tasty Absinthe will go ahead as scheduled.

:P

[ 24. May 2003, 02:46: Message edited by: Adrian ]

I couldn't say whether its legal but ethnol has a lower freezing point than water. I think the Germans call it "eis boc"

"ethnol has a lower freezing point than water"

True, if you take dilute ethanol (like beer or wine) and freeze it much of the water will freeze out (ever heard of apple-jack? Freezed and filtered apple wine.) but in a normal freezer set on lowest temp there will still be quite a bit of water in the product because ethanol lowers the freezing point of water. I think at -20 C you'd end up with something on the order of 20-30% alcohol content- thats why you can keep burbon, vodka, and whatnot in the freezer without crystal formation, freezing point depression- just like with anti-freeze.

It is a great way to boost the strength to a point where it wont ferment or spoil, and it can make distilation much quicker and easier.

I dare say the gnomes may find they have 4L of 70% not 38% as suggested if the procedure is that same one i am aware of.

Basically when diluted 10 bottle of vodka in 2 weeks (ferment, distil, double distill, maybe triple distill)