The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
RonnySimulacrum

Dark Spaces Photography Exhibition - 7th March- Sunday the 30th March, with the drinks gallery on the 22ed of March

1601032_10151901046405812_1528118011_n.j

1780755_10151901046320812_585646740_n.jp

You are invited to come and view the art works, meet the artist and enjoy a beverage all on the same afternoon. My images have been influenced by my work with plants over the years and also my love of nature and gardens and open spaces. I have been a long term SAB member and been sharing my work in the creative thread for year as i developed, so i found it fitting to let you now about my show. There is also a nice lawn to chill on just outside the gallery to catch up with people, so it would be nice to see some of the plant heads there on the 22 for a drink.

----------------

Dark Spaces is a collection of landscape and portrait photography by Jonathan Carmichael.

Jonathan’s fine art photography generally focuses on low light landscapes and melancholy portrait-based images. The works commonly taking in abandoned and secluded landscapes presenting them with a clinical darkness and searching for subjects with both a fusion of urban decay and more classical landscape elements. Jonathan’s photographs also ask us to question the darkness that lies deep within in ourselves.

The Exhibition primarily presents works from the ‘Last Day’ series and the ‘Night Garden’ with some supplementary works also on display. Last Day is a set of portraits unfolding after death; the series is a melancholy exploration in an alternative time and place where the individuals are to some degree aware that the end is coming. All the characters in Last Day are engaged in their most desired activities as they greet the end of their days.

The Night Garden images take a voyage through the wonder of a master garden lit by moonlight. Gardens are magical spaces with a profound sense of serenity that can enhance our perception and remind us of who we are. We all know as the seasons change, so does the garden; but it changes even more radically in the illumination of moonlight. Night Garden explores a side of the garden less familiar to most of us but with a 'pinch of the psychedelic'.

The exhibition will be open from Friday the 7th of March- Sunday the 30th of March, with the drinks being on the 22nd of March 4:30-6:30pm.

http://darkspaces.com.au/

Facebook event

https://www.facebook.com/events/606278969450852/

1912194_10151886939380812_2128642689_o.j

1044432_10151885057290812_2052834847_n.j

8848761100_7b74ec32a1_o.jpg

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 3

Nice photos man! For the park shot just above, what time of day? exposure, how long was it? was it a time lapse? Did you use any artificial lighting? tell tell tell!

Yes shot with long exposure (generally my night shots are 4-10m long). It was shot around 12 midnight, no not with TL, yes i did paint with light slightly and need photoshop to realise my idea completely. This is just the web edit and i am working on the print file now.

On average including test shot, it take about a night to get each shot right, some times much more.

Prints look 10x better than a web shot, so try come down.

;-)

• Like 1

I love the last shot, I have currently been using it as my desktop at work for last few months :)

Wish I could make it brother

Peace

Naja

Beautiful shots mate love it

Hope the exhibition go's well for ya :)

Thanks guys, i know many of you live way to far away to make it along, but i appreciate your support all the same. I am re-editing that last garden shot slightly for the show, so i might post the updated edit when i get it looking good.

12924845255_acc53577f5_b.jpg

Updated edit of the lower garden ;-)

The show starts on this Fri with drinks on sat 22nd of March, and end on the 30th.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, My Dark Spaces Exhibition in now on show at 'Cams' (The St Helier’s Street Gallery) at the Abbotsford Convent.

To give you some perspective for the 'Night Garden' series alone, the images cover a time frame of over a year of shooting in the garden at night and I estimate well over 100+ hours of work to photograph and edit the file to the point that are now. And all that is less than half of what is on display.
The exhibition will be open from Friday the 7th of March- to Sunday the 30 of March, with the drinks and meet the artist being on the 22nd of March 4:30-6:30pm midway in to the show.
I would very much love to see some of you over the next 3 weeks, and feel free to pass on any feedback and let other interested party know about the show.
See the Event info and more are here,

Ok, so drinks in the gallery this saturday arvo 4:30-6:30pm, hope some of you can come down.

The St Helier’s Street Gallery is also know by the name 'Cam's' and if you come in the main gate it is just to the right of the bakery.

Map, see key 15/16

http://abbotsfordconvent.com.au/site/assets/uploaded/43b10c76-2014final_small.jpg

Drinks on me ;-)

Dark spaces show drinks tomorrow, see above flyer for info. Come have a drink on me ;-)

I loved seeing the exhibition mate, Amazing. :D

For those in melbourne I seriosly recommend seeing it, if you havent got along to it yet.

cheers.

Edited by obtuse
  • Like 1