The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
wyyrm

vacation thoughts

I've always wanted to travel to some exotic location (the Amazon springs to mind...) for a "vacation" and while there, find a shaman willing to teach me and possibly go on a Journey. I guess that sounds pretty vague, but I don't know how else to put it right now. I guess what I'm fishing for here is ideas how to make such an experience happen. If anyone has any experience or ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it. (We all have to have our dreams, right? :) )

Hello Dude,

'

Instructions channeled down to me from the heavens.

"Go to jungle town and ask around!" (cheapest!)

"or arrange for meeting through a tour operator." (More Expensive) There are some who can arrange specialized trips. Biopark or Chinchilejo... (think $$$)Ask anyway..... (IcarosDNA good one to ask for peru.

if you do not speak Spanish or Quechua, hire a bilingual/trilingual guide. Jungle bordering towns good place to ask around & they have tour operators too!

In the Andes Villages, there are of course san pedro healers, you'll find some ayahuaca healers there too.

-------------------------------------------------

I met some shamans here and there in Ecuador.

Spanish is very handy, since most that only speak spanish (or quechua)

If you meet friendly people (latin hippies :) ) on the streets, do not hesitate to ask them if they know any healers. (buy a few bracelets/trinketsfrom them for your loved ones, especially if they are helpfull.)

check with other travelers if they are interested to join.. Always fun to be with a few others.

-------------------------------------------------

hey , especially have fun if you head there, see the sights, hot springs, mountain trails, heck, even go camping in some remote valley, get comfty

, and eat some "pedro", You'll learn more from visiting a few healers then one.

Moving around is a good Idea.

Get your shots, and do not forget to bring the imodium :D ..... (otherwise check out th local pharmacies, especially for those goodies you cant get at home without a perscription (just dont brting them home without a perscription.

Flow dude, ......dont stick to long anywhere (be dynamic) and I am sure you'll have an experience with memories for a lifetime.

thanks for the replies. I thought no one was interested :rolleyes: That link looks interesting, I'll be exploring that page for a while now. So, anyone want to put together an expedition? hehe :D

Guest electro

if my partner and i had money we would be in for sure ..,. maybe if this is in 12 or so months i will definatley be in it :)

i think that might be arranged... i need to scrounge up some cash beforehand, myself :) keep in touch... I seriously want to do this.

One day I'll visit Brian in his beautiful Curacao...I'll be drinking "Blue Curacaos" all day long and will be exploring "boletas" at night...

hahahaha...

No but really if I ever get the money to travel together again, it'll be that way for sure...

stuff my former favourite holiday country Thailand...they're going too much in line with malysia and singapore re drugs: Thai Cops can now shoot people at will when they suspect drugs...to hell with them...hope the same thing happens to them as well...those murderous, torture bastard thai police....to hell with them....