The Corroboree
myco

strange booms in the south west of W.A.

so nothing like these noises??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrXHxrz9aus

What the fucking fuck! That's actually really creepy.

I heard similar noises accompanying a thunderstorm recently. Really metallic tangs to it. Nonstop rumbling and roaring for over an hour.

• Like 1

What the fucking fuck! That's actually really creepy.

I heard similar noises accompanying a thunderstorm recently. Really metallic tangs to it. Nonstop rumbling and roaring for over an hour.

I think it could be a hoax.

It sounds the same as the noise from "war of the worlds". Listen here....

^ ullaaaaaahhh!

from what i remember, this website collects recordings and rates the believability of these video clips, for instance a guy walking around with a camera, talking and filming normal sources of sound alongside the strange sound is more believable than a motionless video.

http://strangesoundsinthesky.com/

Edited by ThunderIdeal

just to let you all know it happened again on the 26th about 9:30 at night it was a really really loud one

and then again the next morning about 8:30

its really loud and sounds so close that it literally sounds like its in my own backyard

i dunno what the fuck this is

its pretty weird i mean the house shakes when it happens

i dunno i just get more confused about what it is every time i hear it

i cant come up with a logical answer to it nothing about it seems to make any sense

its so random i wish i could get some recordings of it but its always just a single boom and so randomly

it would be hard to do without basically having something recording 24/7

id be going around to the surrounding propertys and asking them if they are using bird canons/gas guns. I am really interested in finding a logical explanation for this

• Like 1

i live in town and there's nothing near here that would require it there's just farms with paddocks full of cows around here

no vineyards or orchards or anything like that so there's really no need for anyone anywhere nearby to be using them

I've done vineyard work in the past to and had bird cannons going off just a few 100 metre's away and i have to say the sound is just not quite the same

its much louder most of the time and i don't think one of those could really create enough of a boom to shake the house

its fuckin strange man it sounds like its coming from the ground like something really heavy hitting the ground

i really wanna find a logical explanation to it to but nothing about it seems to make sense

they're turning the world into krypton!

Alot of caves down that way. Maybe a cave is collapsing under your house? hope not, lol

• Like 2

approach your council, ask your neighbors (if any) if they are hearing it too, write a letter to your local newspaper. see if anyone else is looking into it too.

• Like 1

This is what facebook used to be good for. Type in "loud bang" into search and click "public posts". All peoples posts about it would come up. Sadly they got rid of this feature a couple weeks ago :(

• Like 1

damn that sucks that would've been very helpful

I spoke to a guy who lives very very close to you. He reckons it is Gas cannons. Apparently it was in the local paper a few months back about people whinging about them

• Like 1

Um,, are you guys in the future? lol Myco's last post is dated January 31st 2014?? Booms, future conversations haha ;-)

ummm, maybe ur living in the past..

Date today is 3rd of February 2014

• Like 5

Alot of caves down that way. Maybe a cave is collapsing under your house? hope not, lol

thanks BT I'm now scared my whole property will be swallowed by a giant sink hole hahaha

I spoke to a guy who lives very very close to you. He reckons it is Gas cannons. Apparently it was in the local paper a few months back about people whinging about them

It's definately a similar sound I just can't see it being so loud it's seriously like one of them going off in the backyard

And one of those surely wouldn't shake the whole house

The other thought I had recently is they've done alot of burning off just outside of town

There's alot of HUGE old growth in there alot of big old karris with huge branches wich are well known to just randomly drop off

I'm beginning to think maybe it's trees coming down after all the burning

would also explain the very random times it's happening and the feeling like its coming from the ground to the point of it shaking the house

Aswell the fact that sometimes its alot louder than other times bigger tree louder noise

And upside I think your confused mate we did click over to 2014 this past new year didn't we haha

Edited by myco
  • Like 1

^^ good point naja naja hahaha doh! :-P

I better check what dates i write from now!

Edited by upside

Thinking of your tree idea Myco, would it make a huge thud noise rather than a boom?

Are there crazy poachers with dynamite fishing the easy way in ur area?

Bunyip beating a drum?

That sounds about right upside, but then again ?

This has me so intrigued.. I don't even know what to search for online. I will be watching this thread closely.

Has anyone else experienced this?

well as you should know being from down this way upside we do have some of the worlds largest trees

and when one of those big bastards comes down it would without a doubt make more than a thud when it hits the ground

still the tree thing is just another theory

i was sent a link last night which is kinda scary

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2457643/pg1

Huge trees for sure,, tho with other bush around to somewhat cushion the fall, yet possibly burnt also, I'd still think it would be a huge dampened sound rather than a boom. Still at work atm. Will check out that link this arvo :-)

Edited by upside
  • Like 1

Holy crappola dude,, I hope you have something to hold onto! That link seems quite onto it. Historical evidence between the booms and quakes over the world. I've felt a cupl quakes here in my time. The earths plates are shifting, and as epic as a quake is, I hope those booms ur hearing are not gonna hurt the peeps and destroy the beautiful area ur in. Are they getting louder and more frequent there? Eek! =-O

Edited by upside

thought you might be interested in this myco....

The media have dubbed it "the Rottnest monster"

Did anyone see the big S on Perth rain radar today?

The Navy has said it was them doing top secret stuff lol

What could afect a rain radar like that???

This is the S from this morning behind Rotto

post-4590-0-52461500-1392298773_thumb.jp

This was later in the day

post-4590-0-04470700-1392298814_thumb.pn

post-4590-0-52461500-1392298773_thumb.jpg

post-4590-0-04470700-1392298814_thumb.png

post-4590-0-52461500-1392298773_thumb.jpg

post-4590-0-04470700-1392298814_thumb.png

thought you might be interested in this myco....

The media have dubbed it "the Rottnest monster"

Did anyone see the big S on Perth rain radar today?

The Navy has said it was them doing top secret stuff lol

What could afect a rain radar like that???

This is the S from this morning behind Rotto

attachicon.gif1002644_649593178415231_1834967492_n.jpg

This was later in the day

attachicon.gif1794592_650077975033418_42929272_n.png

eh thats probably just HAARP

• Like 1

yeh i saw that s shaped one the other day

i hadn't seen the other picture though very very strange indeed

i don't know what could cause something like that