The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
faustus

Importing DXM powder?

I'm stupid, I got a little excited and I placed the order before I even found out properly... now i'm shitting myself.

...Is importing DXM powder to Australia legal?

I asked this on another forum, but cos most were from the US, i figure things would be a little different here. I don't wanna risk a record for some stupid misunderstanding.

Thanks!

It has a S4 schedule. You can't import it without a prescription, but you can't get a prescription. Customs will confiscate it if it's detected, and you'll get a letter in the mail. I don't think you can get fined, as it's not listed as a controlled substance with import control restrictions (other than requiring a prescription), but I don't know really, someone will know.

Just as a side note, a friend imported some from South Africa, and it made it through, but.. well people win gold lotto too, so if you think luck is on your side then fine, otherwise try and cancel the order.

blog is pretty spot on. except, you CAN get fined, however this is unheard of for a first instance. relax!

when they send you the nasty sounding form letter there will be two choices. one is to let them know you don't have a permit and that you were unaware. they will simply destroy it. or you may even have the choice not to contact them at all and it will simply be destroyed after 30 days. read the form carefully.