The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
BreakingBarrett

San Pedro?

Is that from Bunning's or a similar store. The reason I ask is it looks like one but most of them I have seen have been very small. To answer your question I would say a Pedro cross with a Scop. I am saying Scop because of the look of the skin in the last photo but it doesn't look like a true Scop.

But then again I have been known to be wrong occasionally :)

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

Looks spot on to some scop x pach that I have tho they're aren't quite that large yet :)

more likely scop

• Like 2

I'd say your standard T. scopulicola, no hybridization, and not the longer spine form common in Australis (cordobensis/Lance). The spines are too small for it to be the longer spined form.

~Michael~

gday barret welcome to sab. the cactus u refer too is the trichocereus pachanoi. this one may or may not be a pachanoi but is almost certainly a member of the trichocereus family imo. im under the impression that all of this family are now illegal in all of oz due to their poisionous nature.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I bought it from a nursery, there isn't a bunnings where I live as it is a pretty small outback town. It was the largest cactus they had (about 16in) and I thought it looked like a Trichocereus ssp.

SWIM has 22 t.pach seeds which have been germinating, two per pot, for the past week and is hoping they all survive.

Edited by BreakingBarrett

They are not illegal in all of Oz, and I don't believe they are poisonous either.