The Corroboree
mutant

Cannabis abuse and nihilism

Shonman>>

Ask yourself......" What is my goal in quitting?"

hmmmm that's a hard one ... lets put lower the use instead of quitting though...

1. less money spent in something that becomes smoke

2. more will and potential to find me a woman companion, I kind of miss this. additionaly, as proved in the past, this is a strong motive for me. Actually in the last 5 years, the only times I went for some days without using was due to a woman. Only problem is that I am having more difficulty to find a girl I really like. Sometimes I really wish I was gay.

only those two. currently my goals have more to do with the cactus/gardening business and all, so I dont really have many goals related with this. I also feel that I would die a happy man if I died now, so maybe just maybe I dont have many goals right now that are handicapped by cannabis. or maybe its that nihilism again...

what would you buy if you had lots and lots of money??

me and a friends answer to this differently than most: "I dont really need anything expensive"

I would think the alcohol use would be something to cut out, first.

well it complicates the problem, that's for sure - it sure raises the craving (when drinking alcohol)

dunno what a pishead is, but I think I know what you're saying. want some?

dude, I don't even think weed is your problem, I think it's probably the grog that's causing you to rant absolute senseless gibberish. Either that or your half retarded!

Why would ya make a thread about quitting/cutting down on cannabis in the first place? Like someone has already pointed out, it's a recreational drug, not crack cocaine! Get over yourself.

oooh that must have hurt

Mutant: haha, posting at 4:20 eh?

Re: goals.

Find a woman who smokes too....just a suggestion.

But, be less stoned in social company, so you can talk to them.

They are very speech oriented.

It's how they get to know you at first.

I do understand a bit about that.....

Edited by shonman
  • Like 1

*BUMP - Mother aya can help here, mixed with a good dose of daily meditation, just to get back to listening to what is going on inside your mind, and getting an idea of where you are at emotionally and spiritually.

No one can answer those questions for you, and you can't gain insight about your condition or state by looking outside yourself either.

I have found that cannabis tends to allow us to put things on hold, in quite a pleasant way. This is why medically it is great for things like PTSD, because there is some old shit that won't let you get on with life, so cannabis can help put it on the backburner so you can functional more easily day to day. That said the underlying cause will remain until dealt with.

Meditation is a great tool for looking at our suffering and its causes, and having a lot of free time means you can potentially put a lot of time into it. Unfortunately cannabis, in my experience, doesn't lend itself so much to meditation, although many may disagree, because it can help to put many things on hold, like meditation, as it eases many states and generates apathy over time, again in my experience. That said you can have some quite profound meditative experiences with cannabis, although I've found constant use will lessen any potential for that.

We are all the authors of our own suffering someone once said, and I've certainly found that although cannabis is a remarkable healing plant, if taken responsibly, it can still lead to difficulties. Check out Graham Hancock's take on cannabis use, quite a few decades on the vape straight I think, until mum told him it was in control, instead of the other way around.

I agree with him that cannabis can be a great sensual ally, but a distracting one at that...

• Like 3

True. I think it's just a tool - not a curse, and not a miracle. And like any tool it can be misused.

I've generally found that it's not something overall that is beneficial to me as a regular thing - it spaces me out and dampens my experience of life mostly. But there have been some rough times where that was exactly what I needed, and it did help in those times.

And I also think that it just doesn't suit some people physiologically and psychologically and can cause problems in some predisposed individuals. Which is true of many psychoactive substances in different ways I guess. It just comes down to using it responsibly and in the right circumstances I think, and avoiding it if it isn't right for you.

• Like 1

I swear you remind me of a drug councilor. A whole lot of theories and misinformation, but in reality no real world experience or any real idea of what you’re talking about. I've been a very heavy cannabis smoker since I was 13 and used to always whine and moan about how hard cannabis was to quit. I used to get extremely depressed, nausea & couldn't eat or sleep properly for 2 weeks after. Then one day I realised I just needed to grow some balls and deal with it, now I can quit without any withdrawal symptoms at all, except for a slight disturbance in my sleep pattern. Simple frame of mind and determination works wonders for me, how would I not be helping by sharing what works for me. Fact is anyway, I could tell by how the post was written that he had no desire to quit or even slow down, just wanted to whine about how hard he has it and get people to talk about him.

Ahahahahahhaha. No honey, just no. Really, think about it, where are we?

Oh and mutant re. quitting cannabis and finding a woman, yeh life would be easier if you were gay, trust me, it's amazing. Nothing like smoking with your partner, it's harder to find girls that smoke. I am of course...talking about tobacco.

lazy-ass ? no contribution to the world ? now what I sometimes do when its 4:20 .....

well last night I made a song off a sample from an old 2003 song of my own. That song had been programmed hit-by-hit, no samples at all. I am not sure if I should connect this song with the previous project of mine that ended at 2005, or the rap project, which I regard semi-defunct ( I think I wrote too many rap lyrics, dunno if I care to say anything more for now) . Any any case this is a rehearsal version, it was recorded last night, pretty late, at 4:20 , and I very much like the lyrics, so that I translated them for ya. The keyboard parts in between the lyrics were recorded pretty hastily with the ancient casio mt-45 (circuit bent) from 1981, but I didnt have the time to rehearse the playing a lot. Besides I should record these solo keyboard parts with a real synth.

NO TITLE YET

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6074540/2013/kavalwntas%20to%20kyma.mp3

lyrics

years passed by

but our minds childish

always crazy

cheers , fuck it dude

remember I told you

we are lucky living in this era

I didn’t find a reason -uh!- to die , yet

How you’re riding the wave

And the liters of beer

No meaning in life except the one I found

You want me to say the poem (=say common stuff)

I don’t succumb at all

Here chaotic path towards the essence

Fuck it, this country

Its forty years behind

Everywhere and always

In Greece – back off jerk

Kgb used to tell you

I wonder what did you understand?

Because I always see darkness

In your minds always

Words have edges

But if you disarm them dude

You must have observed this

Opinions become harmless

Parallel monologues

In times of crisis, lobbies

Parallel are the world where

It’s a thriumph for the zombies

This song fucked mothers, how did you like it?

Pleasing to god ecstacies it left – I was satisfied

But you prostitute, your consciousness became sick

Who disagreed? Someone polluted your minds

So dudes, when we say whores

We mean whores in the soul, we mean men whores

Words are not bad, but families of people

Foul-souled people who see everyone like a customer

Edited by mutant

I completely lost track of what this thread is about, but I actually do like that song.

thanks

well thread title is 'cannabis abuse and nihilism' and generally refers to problems and situations that occur to people that overuse pot.

we also got various insults and flaming, which make it all the more interesting!

So the lyrics of the song have various nihilistic/cynic elements , but with a twist of optimism, so I thought they were quite suiting..

and as everyone knows, much of rap lyrics are written under the influence.

So in a way it is linked with the kind of creativity that can occur even when using lots of pot.

Also is a sample of what gets me going, giving each new day an interesting perspective

message from my friend

:blush:

even if today I was pretty mild, despite a stressful event that occured at noon ( I resisted the extreme tendency to smoke jsut because I was extremely irritated by a conversation) , and I have smoked little so far, (today, and this only so far, as I am expecting a friends to rehearse musick shitz ) I have been smoking pretty a lot these days, despite the more social out-goings and the activity and work done these days. also I wrote a song! which is particularly good IMO.

the 10 day period that I did limit the use serves a good example of what happens to me even when some limitation occurs. This whole thing has helped build a more solid perspective as far as the "problem" is concerned. Thank you for that, even the flamers. I regard flaming as a response.

So, for the futur, as this is a period of some stress (for my standards) and lots of things are hapening, like many of my plants are at stake, and in temporary positions, it would be quite the unappropriate time to try to cease, but still the "night goal" is very very worth of the "effort" .

your thoughts have helped with the motivation, so you can help more!

I should name it "night goal" which sounds like "night ghoul" , lol

======

woman that smoke and all>>>>

apart from any habits I am a very independent person, so I'm not really good at relationships of many commitments.

this been said,

ex-girlfriend smoked reasonably when watching movies and when partying outside along with alcohol, but she thought I smoked too much and she was right

and the one before that , also smoked and was into it (we had awesome pot two years ago!) , and she didnt think I smoked too much even if I said so, and that we should try not to temp each other whne we got the habitual craving and all, but she thought I was exaggerating !??!??!

lol

there's definately one thing that would make me limit the use : a child

for the sole reason that I wouldn't want me to communicate to my child through this filter.

but yeah, as you might have understood, I wont have a kid for that, I grew up in a relatively nice family with two parents and I wouldn't want anything less for my kid if I ever did one

well these for now, I will have mutant respond to any other questions I skipped

cheers and know thyself!

did I say that I can happily receive apologies from the flamers? fuck yeah I know I said some horrible things, but listen to the god damn song: words CAN be 'swords', but in the end the dont would you physically.

sometimes I think my train of thought resembles a bipolar person on the manic side, and it makes sense given the habits. I am still trying to decide if these two , seemingly equal behaviours is truly the same in their qualities. that is

motivational/drug induced over passion VS bipolar mania

PS: to anyone still trying to figure out what I am doing here, think of this: at least I wrote these thoughts down and I can come back to read what I thought then and what people said and how I responded. something like research/exploration notes.

PS2: I am quite sure (I remember) some of my first posts here are dipped in alcohol and I might should read them again... but I think its quite clear it has been a "CRY FOR HELP" thread when it started , yet I dont know what it is ... which is a nice thing actually

Meditate on the nothingness, go back to essence......things can fall into place from nothingness.

Ta0 / Lao Tsu sez:

Yield and overcome;

Bend and be straight;

Empty and be full;

Wear out and be new;

Have little and gain;

Have much and be confused.

Therefore the wise embrace the one

And set an example to all.

Not putting on a display,

They shine forth.

Not justifying themselves,

They are distinguished.

Not boasting,

They receive recognition.

Not bragging,

They never falter.

They do not quarrel,

So no one quarrels with them.

Therefore the ancients say, "Yield and overcome."

Is that an empty saying?

Be really whole,

And all things will come to you.

Edited by shonman
  • Like 1

Re: chix....

Wanting it too much, scares them away more than anything.

Very difficult for the highly sexed man (I know)

nah, I am more of the guy that if I like a girl a lot, I might attack her verbally to see how she reacts. Really this has been my flirting style for years, and it works for me. So wanting too much is not me, let alone showing, it's... lets say the Scorpio or the Cancer style, but definately not Sagittarius.

I am currently having a hard time to really like a girl (any girl), so I guess I should be more social ... or hit the social networx :P

Maybe just be alone a while, it isn't all bad

Mutant I'm glad your friend (must we continue this charade though?) is benefiting. So how has it changed since you started this thread, what advice have you listened to? What's worked, what hasn't? It's been very interesting to watch your 'friends' progress ^_^

nah, I am more of the guy that if I like a girl a lot, I might attack her verbally to see how she reacts.

I bet that’s what happened to your last girl. You verbally attacked her and she reacted in a way that inconvenienced you, so you smacked her around right?

Yeah, you can always recognise the women beaters from a mile off, usually always volatile & short-tempered drunks!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

heheheheheheh :worship:

thanks for that, you made my day dude

extremely entertaining, to call me woman beater and violent drunk

for what is worth , and I am very interested in your smartass response in that, since you can spot them from miles.

I am 34. I remember two physical fights in my life. One was at 14 and one at 17 (no alcohol involved). Yep that's it!

Oh those fights did not involve girls and were really really short lasting.

you're really a bitter person... right? what's your problem , dude (well apart from missing the herb) ?

you think it of a battle? if its a battle, you lost, want moar? what are you trying to prove here? that you're cool? well the more you stay here with this attitude the more I will ridicule you, and boy you make it so fucking easy!

Okey I know you thought you are pretty smart but, well how do you know, you got fucked in your ass. why do you keep on keeping?

AND HOW COME DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT WOMAN BEATERS ??

veg doesn't harm to talk about my friend , so more answers by him

"So how has it changed since you started this thread,"

the average intake has lowered, but I kept it really low for 10 days or

so that 10 day period was very educative, but this also revealed the benefits from even limiting intake:

less money spent, happier more productive and energetic days, more social activity, best pot high, more rewarding to smoke at the end of the day, as in a day I felt proud of myself (even if it might sound a bit stupid)

this is important because it doesn't adress to the 'cease use' but to the 'limit use', which makes it more realistic for me

but its a long pathway, life I mean, and its a celebrations period (xmas xoming and friends and all), I am a bit anxious to complete my greenhouse repair in time before the frosts

"what advice have you listened to?"

pretty much the night goal, that is trying to smoke night only, and not try to stop cold.

I listened more to what seemed practical, and to those who showed they understood a good part of what I said, where I come from and all.

I believe meditation will/would be beneficail to me, in some point, but not in particular in relation with pot. I am very non-inclined to stop my thinking processes and all, it feels terribly difficult for me and in the same trime I am not sure I want to try it and I am quite sure it wont be easy for me to try to stop my racing thoughts.

All in all, the real philosphy behind this is important to me and I am very philsophically inclined, and the feeling that in some far away place, some dude is really getting it, whereas some local friends might never get it, feels real nice to me.

"What's worked"

giving advice after trying to figure out who the dude seeking advice is and all

people who adressed the philosophical notion of cynicism and nihilism, also touch an important part of it. we did not talk much about nihilism, I suppose its because few understand it.

all in all most people would never go so far using only because they would feel overwhelmed by the uprising nihilism .

"what hasn't?"

giving advice that is based on "well I overcome that problem easy, cannabis is not addictive, get over it, man up "

that doesnt work as advice, but it works to show how small of a character someone is.

I have various friends that stopped cannabis early on, before getting to the point of smoking 2 grams a day.

ALL of them stopped it because they had to, I will only refer to 3 examples:

1) the common pot lethargy: depression, total lack of motivation etc , he now smokes very occasionaly

2) generalized anxiety disorder , he ceased every use of psychoactives, even limiting alcohol use to very occasional. He found the 'real' diagnosis recently, a personality disorder, 15 years after the anxiety breakdown. A typical example of drug-induced neurosis , obviously there was a predisposition and both parents have history of mental illness.

3) heart / circulatory problems

so the 'problem' with me is that I never HAD to cease use, only because I never had extreme sideeffects from the use.

cheers

Well, I just don’t think a person that proudly claims to verbally attack women can be trusted or considered a decent person in any way shape or form. But that’s just my opinion.

"what hasn't?"

giving advice that is based on "well I overcome that problem easy, cannabis is not addictive, get over it, man up "

that doesnt work as advice, but it works to show how small of a character someone is.

Cannabis isn’t addictive! It’s just a habit-forming substance; the only addictive thing about it is what you create in your own head. I personally have decided to refuse to pay for it, so that’s it, it’s simply just not an issue if you just accept it mentally. I’ve also just quit from an 18-year pack a day cigarette habit. Now that’s a battle, it don’t even compare to abstaining from benign old erb.

Maybe it’s the alcohol that’s your problem, its’ far more addictive and really bad for your body and general self-control abilities!

veg doesn't harm to talk about my friend , so more answers by him

cheers

I'm so thrilled your friend has had some success. It doesn't have to be all or nothing and just limiting the use can be really beneficial - as well as giving him some early victories to build on so that he can maybe start skipping days. Glad to hear i was right about much better highs from limiting use. Why'd that ten day period stop? Is he back to normal all day use now?