The Corroboree
Torsten

If you do not provide a valid 'climate or location' you will be deleted

I really think this is pointless

So if I don't change that my account will be deleted ?

Like I said, this is an ethnobotany forum. if you do not provide enough climate/location information to put botanical questions and answers into relevant context then your questions and answers are pointless and hence you are wasting people's time and effort.

Most horticulture and botany forum members are keen to share these details and I think members of this forums should get over their paranoia. The authorities can find out where you are anyway, and the rest don't have the resources to make any use of the broad information requested.

I think as jox said earlier people need to just give more information on thier climate such as temps between this and this

Rainfall etc. when posting a thread where this info is relevant

As you have stated in your questions about USDA zones thread and others have already said the USDA zones is basically pointless to me because in the one same zone you can have some pretty drastic differences in temps etc.

I really think people just need to provide more info with thier questions

Don't get me wrong I can see where your coming from on this and for me this is nothing about paranoia of my location

It just doesn't seem as though it's going to help make a much of a difference to people's questions

Edited by myco

myco, do you really think that people who don't fill out there climat field anyhow at all, will give the same information, readily, if they ask cultivation questions??

I don't think so.

Edited by planthelper