The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
cactuscarl

acacias wanted for revegetation.

Hi all I'm doing a tree planting weekend at a mates property on the sunshine coast this weekend we are planning on mostly doing gums and things for koalas and birds. But I would really like to put in some acacia. If anyone has a few acacia they would like to donate to a worthy course pm me. All the plants will be well looked after and will grow to mature specimens.

I'm looking for anything that will grow well here and also a few sacred ones as she is the ambassador to the Gubbi Gubbi people and the daughter of the last chief so I think it would be special to take out a sacred plant for her land. I would really like a phlebophylla but that's probably asking a bit much. I have a few maidenii but would like something more local.

Also once the property has a little more work they will open it up to the public for camping and things its 400 acres and has got a huge river running through it and all there asking for is a donations for camping. It's looking like a great place for sab camping trip.

dude go see your local landcare mob. they will be of much more help and can provide you with trees for FREE. this place is great but its the first resort for so many people when you'd get better results talking to people who run the nurseries that provide plants for reveg. that's exactly what they do. its not hard to get in contact with em and talking with someone who works professionally in the conservation and land management field is going to give much better and more reliable advice than a self proclaimed guru on an internet forum.

Edited by whoami
  • Like 2

as for sacred plants if they are traditional elders or land owners then you could find out what plants mean the most to them in that area by talking with whatever aboriginal council or corporation looks after them in that area

black wattle is meant to be special, pretty sure its the late flowering variant of black wattle.

Alright cheers guys thanks for the info

I will definitely be getting in contact with landcare I didn't even think of that. I'll talk to the elders as this will be an ongoing project and see what they hold sacred as I can find very little info on traditional ethnos.

I would really like any info on traditional ethnos especially local ones also local bushfoods. I think it would be very cool to have some native foods and ethnos scattered around the place.

• Like 1

nice one. I just thought of landcare cus I've done a fair bit of reveg and I know how many trees you're gonna need, hundreds probably. and landcare groups usually have a few people that dedicate whole nurseries to growing hundreds of native trees exactly for that purpose