The Corroboree
Bigred

Triacontanol

I have been reading a lot into canna boost as it is very expensive. I am looking into starting a hydro nutrient

line for Australia . As a lot of these imports are to expensive for what it is .

So to the point , is there any sabers out there that could help in creating and trialing a boost copy

as a lot of people dont like the old PGR's etc. I can make the nutrients up at my lab at work.

and post them out for trial.

So what is canna boost and how can we use chemicals like Triacontanol in conjuntion

Does anyone have access to a hplc gc or some spectrograph to get a idea of what is in it

Currently the price for a 250ml boost is 87.50 and basicly makes up 100 litres

I want to make a flower supplement that does not contain all the old school PGR's

Your wisdom and help would be greatly appreciated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triacontanol

• Like 1

From what I hear Canna boost is a wank for the price, it works OK but its not very concentrated and not worth the money.

I looked into it ages ago when I was growing miracle berries and grapes but chose to go with alphalpha companion planting instead.

They try and push it with the line that, it will take aprx. 1-3 weeks off your harvest time so if you use it for each rotation through a year, the extra weeks will allow you another cycle thus making the outrageous price economical. LOL.

So if you can make something cheaper that is as effective that would be cool but you already have competition.

There are products sold by most of the big companies containing triacontanol that are cheaper than CannaBoost and Aussie Magic already sell a locally made, cheaper one, so I dont know how yours will be all that different?

Perhaps you could make it really concentrated so you get a lot more for your money, or add in some other things to make it stand out.

Perhaps adding some other less toxic PGR's or something like brassilonide or BAP6 for specific results or stages of growth?

What else are you planning on adding, Fulvics and Humics etc?

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 1

I am happy to trial any new and and interesting ferts on various flowering plants if you get it up and rolling Big Red. I just bought some Boost actually, when used with PK13 14 I've found it exceptional. We messed around with it when I was growing Chilli and it definitely increased yield. To the point where plants were losing limbs due to so much fruit. Was expensive but worth the play. I'm thinking about using it on my flowering cacti this year to see if it will help increase flowering period and bloom number, I guess it may even increase fruit size? If you have any articles regarding this I'd love to have a read.

• Like 1

I want to put humic fulvic acids plus silica is a great supplement. I use a lot of silica when flowering

( normally start dosing just 2 weeks before flower on set ) I have ordered a 20 litre drum of Triacontanol

so if we make a blend of them all and ad some buffer i think we can make a nice supplement on the cheap

( I grow tomatoes so to pay for boost i may as well go buy it from a grocer for that )

as well as looking into lab grade chemicals but will mostly just use industrial/ horticultural grade when i can .

sorry will edit later on mobile

so the blend would contain a mix of

humic acid

fulvic acid

silica

maybe a light dash of a alph alpha extract

Triacontanol

and others but this blend might be good to start of with

but will send it individualy and we can ad more or less as we choose

Did you know yates up lift beat canna in a veg grow off ? by like 30% more biomass

at yates $4.70 total rrp vs canna vega 32.40 rrp WHAT THE FUCK !!!!!

any way will post more soon

Actually I used Triacontanol, extracted from Medicago sativa (Alfalfa or lucerne) for a foliar spray. Medicago sativa contains Triacontanol in the waxy coating.

It was also found in green tea.

This seller of good but alkaline earthworm-potting soil: http://www.grand.at/ feeds the earthworms with Medicago sativa