The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Fenris

Psoriasis & Dermatitis

I have had psoriasis for about 25 years, sometimes it gets better sometimes it gets worse. Summer time seems a good time of year and winter, not so much.

There have been a number of things that I noticed along the way that helped alleviate the symptoms (almost entirely dietary) and recently I have combined them to really try to combat the problem.

Cloustrum helped, I imagine due to the immunoglobulins, I was taking that for stomach problems when I noticed things getting better. Silica taken internally seemed to help, the colloidal gel seems pretty good. Glutamine also helped with anxiety & gut repair when the IBS was giving me grief and the probiotics helped with the IBS.

The thing that was a major winner which I discovered recently was powdered psyllium husks (metamucil) which I was taking twice a day, i have now switched to a table spoon of chia seed twice a day as they contain lots of nutrients and fatty acids. Anyway the turn around in the symptoms was dramatic and after about 10 weeks the dermatitis on my hands is almost gone (it had been getting progressively worse for about 2 years), my knuckles are still a bit pink but healing up really well. The psoriasis on my elbows and knees is the best it has been, probably in the last 10 or 15 years. Small psoriasis spots on my legs have gone completely. My skin which has always seemed dry just looks & feels healthier. My fingernails & toe nails seem to be doing really well also, possibly due to the silica.

I have always known that my stomach & digestion were a weak point, and felt that a majority of my health problems were associated with poor digestion. I estimate an 80% reduction in symptoms with the majority of that being noticed in the first 4 weeks since taking a combination of the psyllium, colustrum, silica & glutamine and drinking plenty of water with that.

Now I need to concentrate on a diet that will help the body heal. I have been chowing down on the sprouted seeds recently which makes me feel healthy, although sleep deprivation from my 6 month old is keeping me wiped out.

I just thought I would put this out there in case it helps anyone reading. I almost wish I had taken before & after pictures.

• Like 3

A doctor once told my mrs to move to the most humid place she could to alleviate here psoriasis . He suggested darwin. Anyways we moved from Vic to the sunshine coast and BAM. it was gone withing a few weeks. funnt thing was we moved further north and it came back, albeit with less intensity and random. Il mention the chia seeds to her as it couldnt make it any worse.

GI tract seems to be the major cause. Had psoriasis for ca 10 yrs starting in my mid-20's. After a diet change to gluten-free/ grain-free the skin healed up astoundingly fast in 6 weeks and has been symptom free since, that's now 2 years. :lol:

Great info, thanks guys.