The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tarenna

P. subaeruginosa NNSW

This afternoon I visited the bottom part of my citrus orchard (~100m asl) in the subtropical lowlands of the Mid North Coast - and found loads of subs. Woohoooooo!!!

Lived on this patch of land for approx 6 yrs and never thought to look.

Anyone know of em in other lowland areas of the NC? Right next to lowland subtropical rainforest??

Much exploration will occur henceforth.

Stoked.. :shroomer: :shroomer:

• Like 2

Can you tell me what your recent overnight temps have been and rainfalls. Have you been having dew.

Stoked for you dude. Any pics. any morphological differences to other subs.

Thanks Ob,

Temps recently down to approx 2 or 3C - no frosts yet. Lots of recent rainfall (well over 100mm in previous few weeks). Lots of dew too (and normally at this time of year).

Did not have camera available to take shots in habitat. Will go back (many times over many years!!).

No noticeable morphological diffs to the photos that I have seen of subs from elsewhere - but I have zero previous experience of them in the wild, coming from the North Coast subtropics and not venturing much southwards. They were growing amongst fallen timber and other rotting biomass, located 1-2m above an ephemeral creekline that drains an old growth forested (World Heritage listed) catchment of approx 500ha in area. Some of the biomass that they were growing amongst had been deposited by major flooding in February and March this year.

I will explore more for subs in my valley. This is all very exciting because in warmer weather there are cubes and pan. cyans really close... So both warm and cool season seem covered (so to speak) ;-)

I am also thinking of laying some chip around where I found them.....