The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Happas

A salvia desricption

You know what it feels like for me when i smoke salvia is i give control of my body to an alien entity.......but i get to actually be the alien entity and see earth and my surroundings and have access to my memories and knowledge and view them all as an alien would - for the first time - in a foriegn sort of a way

I had a salvia 'breakthrough' last night. People kept telling me I needed to smoke it 15-20 more times before I got anywhere with it and I didn't believe them. Every time was the same and I didn't seem to be making any progress from the dragging/splitting into a million cold pieces of rotating metal/alien entities chanting in my ears/ Alice In Wonderland Syndrome trip, and I was just putting myself through five minutes of hell every time so I stopped trying for a few months.

Last night was incredible though, I didn't feel the same mischievous, forceful personality I think I may have projected onto Salvia. I felt the heartbeat of the planet, I felt the ancient spirits, it was bliss.

Err... being, do you think perhaps you should have added that you had also taken mushrooms, marijuana and passion flower beforehand? I mean... there is just this *miniscule* chance that that could have affected your salvia experience don't you think?

smile.gif

Happas, nice description

Being, nice and insightful.

For some reason I can relate pretty well to most salvia experiences.

Strangly I can never remember any detail about my experience a certain time before (maybe 5-30 seconds) and after (couple of hours) without really straining my mind (it dose'nt want to be remember, just experienced, sort of feeling).

The real memory tends to only exist when I'm "online" with salvia in "real time", as though my mind is "connecting" to the (spiritual) "web" of life, with my body the "ISP" .

I feel a sharing of information and senses, again as though we are connecting to the "web".

The more people who are connecting to the web, the more crowded the experience and the more voices of beings I am likly to encounter.

I use all these (" ") net terms as an attempt at an analogy.

I just hope my hardrive is'nt being filled with cookies and temp internet files and all that.

Well, eccles, when the time is right for me to try Salvia again, I shall have to make sure there is nothing else in my system and we shall see eek.gif

Anyone have any experience with salvia being effected in this way by psilocybin?

[This message has been edited by Being (edited 20 January 2002).]

Adrian,

I can relate to a lot of what you said. I'm interested in the 'voices', are you talking about hearing actual audio? The savlia experience for me always brought about this alien chanting that would climb and become more intense as the experience peaked. Last night I can't recall any voices at all come to think of it...

Yes Being, we shall see.

if you *really* want to judge the veracity of your original claim, then stick to the same dose. And please post the result of your experiment. we wouldn't want to mislead people would we smile.gif

RE the 'online' thing... I have been reading Strassman's book, 'DMT - The Spirit Molecule' and he reports that it is often the case with DMT that a subject does not recall many of the aspects of the trip, or information gained until the next time they take it. I can't remember if he meant this specifially for high dosage cases where the subject remembers little or nothing, or DMT in general, or whether he even generalised to other psychedelics. I can look up the reference if anyone is interested.

have fun!

RE Being; thats the one, Sometimes it seems like a beckening chant to draw you closer to the center of a spiral like web.

and to make things even harder to understand, it also sometimes seems as though I'm not caught on or in this web but 'am' the web, as in a part of its fabric.

Rotating or spiraling like part of an atom that is part of a molecule as part of a cell....of a mind....of a body.....of a being....of a planet....of a system (solar).....of a uni(one)verse......of light (energy) within our (greater) conciousness.

Spir(al)it-u-all

---ritual

spiralweb.gif

[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 20 January 2002).]

My first time with salvia gave that spiralling effect. First i heard little voices muttering something like "it's coming" then everything started to spiral/implode into my centre. at the same time i was my environment (so i was spiraling into myself). it freaked me out big time!!

my last trip went something like this:

I smoked 1 full cone and held it for a good 20secs, after about a minute

it jumped on top of me and i couldn't help but close my eyes. an elevator

type thing appeared in the left side of my face, rotating around my eye

ball. Then my body was forced to the ground while some presence was talking

me through the next phase. it flatened my body into a sheet and began

folding me/the sheet into some kind of abstract sculpture, which was

constantly being altered and complexified by this "other". after about 5mins

of this (i'm not sure how long it went on for, i was oblivious to the

outside world) it was all over.

Most of my trips have been rewarding and less intense though, they seem to

have a humurous feel and almost always transport me to a zero gravity feel

(i am able to rotate my body and fly). Very weird and interesting so far :]

I will know when I am entering salvia space when I feel that feeling on the left side of my face (I've never heard anyone else report that I think).

It seems to come from behind my eye ball and feels like (hard to describe) marshmellow spikes on my eyelids.

Some times this marshmellow spike feeling will tingle through my body and dance on my genitals giving me a profound errection.

The spiky feeling can also seems to be focused with the eyes and usually a vivid colorful jelly bean shaped pattern appears.

At this stage I am well and truly inside.

Ohh and one other thing the marhmellow spike can cause odd thoughts translated by memories and sometimes weird gramatical spiels(plays on words).

After a salvia trip such strange sentences may be written: its marshmellow spike makes itchy under arm pit with this salvia is salvia is salvia is is...its itchy under arm pits its this marshmellow spike....and so on smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 22 January 2002).]

what would a good method of ingestion for salvia be rather than smoking it?

I have been considering doing an extraction on it, and possibly attempting to vapourise the extract, however I think this could prove dangerous, because it would be so hard to judge the amount to use. but if there was some way of rediluting the extract and doing something with it from there...?

hmmm. it could be taken orally (Daniel Sibert has some kind of 'emerald essence' doesn't he? but I have heard it doesn't do a hell of a lot)...

I am very very curious about this plant, but I don't want to destroy my lungs in the process of satisfying my curiosity...

any suggestions?

thanks! smile.gif

Originally posted by Adrian:

Rotating or spiraling like part of an atom that is part of a molecule as part of a cell....of a mind....of a body.....of a being....of a planet....of a system (solar).....of a uni(one)verse......of light (energy) within our (greater) conciousness.

Spir(al)it-u-all

---ritual

I really dig this description, Adrian. It expresses the rotating feeling beautifully.

In regards to the spiral that seems so common among salvia reports - I'm actually unsure if this is what I am experiencing. It's not that the descriptions aren't enough, it's just not the image or concept that comes to mind for me. I really need to try it again soon to figure it all out...

spiralfire, the voice that muttered "it's coming" was it easily distinguished as english, or was it this alien chanting that you could understand to mean "it's coming" ? That's how I feel with the chanting during the actual experience, it's more like a song than a statement though, and I can understand it at the time. Afterwards however, my memory can't access what was being sung.

[This message has been edited by Being (edited 22 January 2002).]

Oh I've also experienced great bursts of creativity after a salvia experience. It also seems to give me the patience to actually finish a work, as with detailed drawings (which the salvia seems to initiate) I can usually never finish repetitive textures etc. I can just sit there for hours sketching, getting a backache and being totally transfixed by the work.

I've got a drawing I did just after one of my first experiences. I can scan it in and post it in the psychedelic expressions forum, if anyone's interested, and also, if anyone can tell me how I can put a large pic on here smile.gif ?

Being, the voices (there were heaps of them all around me) were speaking in english, they sounded like munchkins (if you can imagine one of those chipmonk things but not such a squeky/high pitched voice).

i usually hear a voice on salvia, similar to what adrian described:

"odd thoughts translated by memories and sometimes weird gramatical spiels(plays on words)."

i get the feeling that the sentences i hear have meaning in the connection or relationship between each word, likes it's the gap between words that i should be listening to (not the sentence itself) hehehe if that makes any sense, shit :]