The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
coin

this is my brain on st john's wort?

hullo,

hmm..ive got the anxiety/panic attacks, adrenaline under control..

have been using tyrosine & very small amounts of kava... it is only when i reach this balance that i realise how low my serotonin levels are...

ive been taking st john's wort for about 5 days now...

each tablet contains-

2g dried herb

standardised to Hypericin 666mcg

Hyperforin 6.7mg

(plus tyrosine 250mg, glutamine & magnesium)

x 3 tablets daily

how long does sjw usually take to notice some effect?

been having some 'giggling fits' at night time when joking around, which i havent had for months..

has anyone experienced pretty strong fatigue from SJW?

i'm getting my usual 8 hours sleep, but later in the day i'm pretty tired and end up sleeping another 5-6 hours.. :-

is this partly due to elevated serotonin levels? sorta feels like im making up for a heap of 40 hr anxious & sleepless stints

was feeling kinda stable, though a bit dejected...now pretty confused again..

any ideas?

thanks, adam.

[This message has been edited by coin (edited 12 October 2001).]

Originally posted by coin:

standardised to Hypericin 666mcg

Don't really know, never tried St John's Wort...

Ever tried L-Trypthophan?

Seems to work for me.

And with kava you shouldn't be to to sparingly, you can take heaps of that...

BTW why have I left your "Hypericin 666

mcg " up top?

Because that's an EVIL number, 666, better get a product with a slightly different concentration, not the number of the beast...

Guest The Police

You can get it from health food stores.

The "Homoeopathic" shit.

Or the real deal online and get it seized by customs.

I get L-Tryptophan from Golden Glow, Virginia, Brisbane, 95 mg tablets, I forgot the price. You can order it through their website or by mail.

They also sell 2000mg Kava Tablets.

Guest mandragora

l

Edited by mandragora

I've been taking St John's for about.. two months now. I remember quite pleasing and pronounced results after about a week or so. I felt a definite mood lift and a feeling of overall wellbeing, this was greatly heightened by events which would usually make me happy, to the point where if something went really right, I'd be nearly ecstatic. This has warn off now and everything's really leveled. I believe after taking it for this amount of time, one can't quite remember what their mental state felt like before taking it, so 'the norm' doesn't seem particularly significant, I think it is though and I'd encourage anyone to at least try st johns if they're having any mood/relaxation probs.

Personally I have some iron problems -I never feel particularly energetic and am pretty dead by the end of the day anyway, so I can't say if it makes me feel tired or not, sorry.

A little off topic, but on the subject of dopamine and seratonin, I've been wondering for a while now if the high rates of suicide and chocolate consumption in this country are related? Possibly having something to do with over exposure to sunlight? I have little idea what I'm talking about, it just strikes me as odd..