The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tryptaminer

Sleep

I was wondering if anyone had heard of 5htp?

I was talking to a friend in Canda, and he says its supposed to halve the time it takes to get to sleep.

I have trouble getting into good sleep patterns.

I would be interested in any Australian suppliers of Melatonin, I ordered some from JLF a while ago, not knowing it was Melatonin, just because it was a tryptamine.

Any good tips/personal tips of getting good healthy sleep would be appreciated, I know going for a run a few hours before bed is good to ease sleep and clear the head. But its hard to find time to always do that.

keep chillin

- trypt

Guest NOB

I would be interested in any Australian suppliers of Melatonin, I ordered some from JLF a while ago, not knowing it was Melatonin, just because it was a tryptamine.

Coles Supermarket sell melatonin, 3mg I think. I get bad next day melatonin hangover, don't like the stuff, but works for many.

Originally posted by NOB:

Coles Supermarket sell melatonin, 3mg I think. I get bad next day melatonin hangover, don't like the stuff, but works for many.

Melatonin is prescriptive. Coles does not sell it, unless it is 3mg homeopathic, which equals virtually 0 melatonin.

Guest NOB

Yes it does say homeopathic on the bottle.

says "contains 3mg melatonin 6x per tablet"

So how many mg's(or fraction of a mg) is that actually. Or is there no way of knowing?

Guest NOB

actually, no need to reply, I found this on the net:

Also, consumers should be careful they understand what they're buying. The

Bioglan product is, I understand, a homeopathic strength described as 3mg 6X,

where the 6X signifies 10-fold dilutions six times over - i.e. 3 nanograms of

melatonin, not 3 milligrams. The usual dose for sleep disturbance or jet lag is

of the order of 3mg (a real 3mg), so the effect of the homeopathic product may

be disappointing, to say the least. Unless, of course, the placebo response

proves satisfactory.

Sounds like a waste of money.

Guest VENDEJO
Originally posted by tryptaminer:

I was wondering if anyone had heard of 5htp?

keep chillin

- trypt

Yo tryptaminer,

I met you at ringwood seminar. I've got 5-HTP if you want to trade or try some ...

Guest The Police

I find BDO to be the absoloute shit for this. I've had comedowns that have lasted up to 3days with no prayer of ever obtaining sleep. 40mls (diluted) of 14B will knock you onto your ass and give you the greatest sleep imaginable.

The fun part is waiting for the sleep to come on , the euphoria is great. Then bang , you wake up 4 hours later feeling like a million bucks. If you re-dose this will take you through till morning. 4 hours worth of sleep feels like the equivalent to 12hours worth.

It's ideal if you're going to head out for a big night and you haven't had much sleep the night before. Just dose about 5 hours before you gotta leave and you still have enough time to have a kick-ass sleep and get ready.

cough

Re: Homeopathic melotonin

grrrr that makes me angry. It's just plain ridiculous. They might as well use sugar instead of melotonin. You'd virtually have to swallow the whole bottle of tablets wouldn't you?

This whole homeopathic thing is a crock of shit.

P.S the chap in the health food store the other day told me that ALL melotonin comes from dead people. After coughing the word wanker I told him that it can be synthesized and purchased as a chemical from chemical supply companies. He told me that you can not synth melotonin and that all melotonin comes from the bodies of dead people.

I somehow doubt this.

Does anybody have the scoop here?

VENDEJO,

I remember you, I'd be interested in some 5HTP, can you give me an email with your phone number as well, I lost it.

The Police,

I agree that people saying Melatonin is from dead people to be bullshit, if that was true, Melatonin would be closer to $300 per 3mg, because I dont think they would charge about 50c to extract some Melatonin from a dead person.

I read on a Melatonin website when I had some from JLF, that in Switzerland, they made a few tonnes in the 80's, and boosted the US economy, etc. so they might be still using that supply?

- trypt

[This message has been edited by tryptaminer (edited 16 October 2001).]

Originally posted by The Police:

I 40mls (diluted) of 14B will knock you onto your ass and give you the greatest sleep imaginable.

The fun part is waiting for the sleep to come on , ?

are exactly what is the dilution rate and please email me on the 14 b subject. i have many friends that find alternate 12 hour shift work almost impossible to handle. expecially the night shifts. some peeps are only getting 3 to 4 hours sleep between shifts and when you have to do 3 in a row that means only 9 hours sleep in three days not good.torsten you mentioned somwhere before about taking somthing on long plain flights what was that.

Guest gord
Originally posted by The Police:

I  .

The fun part is waiting for the sleep to come on , the euphoria is great. Then bang , you wake up 4 hours later feeling like a million bucks. If you re-dose this will take you through till morning. 4 hours worth of sleep feels like the equivalent to 12hours worth.

?

There is actually strong evidence that 1,4-B is in fact quite dangerous!

I dont know if you have read the alphawares page, but c'mon this is a crock of shit. The list of benefits is just too good!

This all applies in theory only. If the drug is metabolised into water and carbon-dioxide within 3 hours and no toxic residue remains, then why do I feel so fucked still after 4 hours?

Why do I feel all of my life energy sucked out of me before gasping for air in a desperate attempt to remain alive.

The reality is that 1,4-B is an alcohol and is not entirely metabolised into GHB. Any depressant like alcohol should be avoided at all costs whilst intoxicated by GHB

Because some alcohol remains, this can be a deadly combo.

I think you are exagerating somewhat. The euphoria is often non existant. All the user gets in its place is a terrible head ache, queasy feeling and waves of death!

As for waking up full of vigor the next day, I beg to differ.

How often do you drink this industrial solvent used in the manufacture of plastics?

You will only have to drink it a few times to know that it definately isnt the same as GHB.

Listen to your body, not bullshit, biased information!

"oh so thats why I'm always so messed up"

GoRDy

The Police : maybe the guy was referring to the melatonin for the homeopathic remedies....you'd be surprised some of the stuff that is used in the magic water homeopaths give out.

but its just got me thinking, if it was a homeopathic remedy of melatonin...wouldn't it make you stay awake and stuff? Since the idea behind Homeopathic treatment is to use a substance that causes the same effects as the problem you are trying to over come...so a homeopathic remedy of melatonin would be more for staing awake then going to sleep.

-bumpy

Originally posted by MrBumpy:

if it was a homeopathic remedy of melatonin...wouldn't it make you stay awake and stuff?

I always thought so too. *sigh*

The melatonin they sell commercially is synthetic. It's highly unlikely to be of biological origin these days anyhow. Ask if you aren't sure

When recommending ANYTHING for use in assisting in comedowns please ensure you consider the range of substances ( including alcohol & prescription medications ) that ppl may have ingested on the previous evening.

Peeps have a wide range of reactions to the same things and a wide margin for error should be allowed for as a matter of course, until the ppl concerned gain sufficient experience to determine their *own* margin of error.

Anything less is bloody irresponsible. And possibly dangerous.

i bought melatonin from the health shop not realizing how dodgy they were.

3mg 6*

what would you tell the doc to get it prescribed?

I'd recommend using the same GP you get tryptophan from as they're prolly more likely to be open to alternative solutions.

I told mine exactly what I wanted them for: I keep long hours,and often have trouble sleeping. I prefer melatonin to conventional sedatives as melatonin doesn't seem to intefere with my dream cycles.

My GP couldn't find melatonin in the MIMMS so he asked me to email him some info, which I did. He then gve me a script for a year's worth, cos he knew I'd have to order them in from OS

Melatonin is a perfectly respectable request to make.

Most melatonin is either synthetic, from bioreactors (G.E. yeasts), or from soy-extract. Previously the main source was beef (brains I think), but that became unpopular in a hurry due to BSE/CJD.

QHI sell synthetic melatonin only.

As for scripts, always tell you GP that: "I used to take it when i was working in [insert country other than australia] a few years ago and responded really well to it".

Most GP's would not dare to question a medication that you responded well to.

How about a warm glass of milk? Taking drugs to help you sleep should be a last resort because you may develop a dependence for the effect. Regular exercise will encourage deep sleep and stabalise your sleeping patterns. Avoid having large meals before bed. In particular reduce caffeine intake if you drink a lot of the stuff and try not to touch the stuff after lunch. There are many good safe, non drug methods of improving your sleep patterns. The most dangerous method I've heard of is monotonous 9-5 jobs which leave people in a constant dream like state as the brain tries to escape from the mundane reality into a time before such things existed.

Watch out for hypnopompic and hypnogogic hallucinations (experienced when going into and coming out of sleep) - they can be nasty. These are often accompanied by muscle spasms where you can't move. Many cases where people claim to have been abducted by aliens in their sleep are due to this common physiological effect. Has anyone had any experience with this? It happened to me once. I felt like I was caught in some kind of electric field and couldn't get out of it. Luckily it hasn't happened since - touch wood. (can't find any wood. Darn technocratic plastic world - It'll be the end of us all!)

Guest mandragora

l

Edited by mandragora

" Baldrian (Whats the english word for that? It makes cats crazy)" <--- is catnip the name you're looking for?

-bumpy

Guest mandragora

l

Edited by mandragora

Guest dreamer

i dont get it.

how can 1-4 be a party drug?

if you take 20 ml s dilute and get high than sleep even if only for 1/2 hour you feel fantastic and not high anymore

however if you dont sleep then you feel shit all day - headcahes etc.

a cat nap somehow gets rid of the effects and refreshes you greatly

personal experience.

spaced,

I have had hypnagogic hallucinations quite a few times, I get them quite regularly, I will sort of be conciously dreaming, and they are mostly unpleasant, and I get out of the hypnagogic state and have muscle spasms, etc.