The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
anubian lights

toads

What's the connection between witchcraft and toads? Anyone know?

Peace smile.gif

ive milked snakes,but milking toads sounds like fuuuuunnn!! smile.gif

what else is in the poison?

can you extract the dmt from the other stuff?

Being:

There is actually a book called "Toads and Toadstools". I haven't read it, but I expect it goes quite a bit into connections with witchcraft. Its main topic is the relation between toads and toadstools.

http://www.erowid.org/library/books/toads_and.shtml

(what fantastic cover art!)

Spiraleyes: other than interesting tryptamines there are some chemical relatives and some unrelated potent toxins. See the 5-OH-DMT entry in TiHKAL for an overview (it is online). I am no chemist but I suspect they can be separated relatively simply. However, as I said above, plant or synthetic sources are probably easier. For the cane toad (B. marinus) you are mainly looking at 5-OH-DMT (bufotenine) and for the Sonoran Desert toad (B. alvarius) 5-MeO-DMT. The latter is available in pure form on the internet. The former is (even more so than 5-MeO) not fun for many people (but some people really like it), and those that do are probably better off working with plant sources.

[This message has been edited by rkundalini (edited 06 October 2001).]

Guest wira

The major alkaloid component of B. marinus is usually dehydrobufotenine, will smaller but still significant levels of bufothionine [dehydrobufotenine O-sulfate], serotonin, and N-methylserotonie. Bufotenine has been found not at all or in trace concentrations. Epinephrine [adrenaline][up to 7% of the venom], norepinephrine, dopamine, and N-methyldopamine are also present, as well as a variety of cardioactive steroids that are thought to probably degrade when smoking the venom.

huh,you guys really know your toads eh!

available on the net.

where from, how much, and what purpose is it sold for?

i dont want any,just interested.

My pet has some 5-MeO-DMT, good pharamseuitcial grade heh

He gets an intense buz from it, similar to DMT he tells me but a bit less visual and very intense, he finds he has great fun if he takes the right dosage, if he smokes too much, the experience is a bit overwhelming as people will tell you.

- trypt

spiraleyes, it is sold as a "research compound" or "poisonous non-consumable" as JLF calls all its stuff. JLF had it (I think) but see the JLF thread... other places exist but the addresses are less widely circulated. The only other address I have handy was for another site also recently raided (I think). Bear in mind also that nearly all these things are customs prohibited imports, and often are also covered by state drug law. Anyway, see the JLF thread...

Guest wira

The 'overwhelming' effects are really what this neurochemical is all about, if you ask me. If you're prepared to let go and dive deep you can get a lot more out of it than just a bit of fun...

The effects of 5-MeO-DMT are quite overwhelming, so my gnome says, nearly all of the gnomes friedns find it too overwhelming, my gnome likes it however when the right dose is takes, enough to get really slow vision, but able to move.

The sign that youve gone too far is when you cant move, but even worse is when you fall unconscious, thats happened to my gnome once.

He got some 5-MeO-DMT from JLF, but uses another supplier now.

- trypt

My gnome has come forward and confessed that he got some 5meodmt of trypt's gnome.

The first time he tried a real small amount at night, and it was sort of really beautiful. He smoked just a few grains and it came on soft and was kind of like yoga, a trip or journey through the body...

The second time however was a knockout.

Wastl, that's the name of my gnome, don't ask me why, had already taken some dxm powder which had come on pretty heavy...later when he was lying in bed and got bored on the dxm, he smoked some 5meo..., not much more than the first time, 10 mg at most, but BANG, it was like reality opening up, like some filter removed from his conciousness in 1 second...The walls of his room looked immediately very lucid and trippy, all in all his room looked totally different, and he felt as if he was a different person as well...He listened to his heartbeat to find out if there was any change, but no the heart was working perfectly normally, it was all in his brain... Later he found himself standing in the middle of his room not knowing what to do...It only lasted 10 minutes, and everything was back to normal...

5meodmt works so fast that some ppl can't even remember exhaling their smoke...

the 3rd time Wastl snorted some...it came on slower and lasted longer, but he had problems with his nose for several days after...

Wastl that fool has also tried 5meodipt and AMT... AMT can last 12 to 20 hrs and is the indole equivalent to amphetamine, but it is NOT amphetamine, which really is a very destructive drug...

He would also like to try real DMT but that is well and truly illegal, not in a grey area like tryptamines...

Guest wira

Dosage can be a very tricky issue with 5-MeO [remeber - illegal in Oz], because it is active in such tiny amounts. What is really necessary is scales sensitive to milligrams, but failing that, something with a smallcavity in it the right size for a pre-determined 'good dose', so you can measure it out the same ever time within a very small margin of error.

There is a window of opportunity below the 'unconscious' level, at which the intrepid psychonaut can leave the body behind as the universe turns itself inside out, and still maintain some sort of awareness of it all. I suspect that even at some of the lower 'knockout' doses, this sort of point could be reached if only the partaker could let go. The distress people have with this compound at higher doses is, I think, almost entirely due to this. People want to be able to sit there and look around, and go "cool, trippy", which I guess is all well and good, and this chemical is sure still interesting and useful at lower doses... BUT there's more... this chemical will only reveal its deeper nature when the partaker is really ready to drop away all their clinging to material reality and drop into it as a clean slate. This is something that you need to be ready for as it hits you, with these higher doses, because trying to fight it or refusing to accept it in its entirety can cause you to 'black out' and not remember anything.

Still, I do admit that the higher the dose gets, anyone will be knocked unconscious for a while wink.gif Though at high [sub-knockout] doses 5-MeO can take you further than you ever thought possible, to the centre of all things smile.gif Dr Shulgin once referred to it as the bull's eye, right between the eyes [rather, bang straight into the pineal], last stop before the end-of-the-line... you get the idea wink.gif

[This message has been edited by wira (edited 10 October 2001).]

I have found that using a vapourizer is MUCH better than a glass pipe for 5-MeO-DMT and DMT, so my gnome says. He smoked so much less in the vapourizer than the pipe and got blown away better without falling unconscious, its all in the dosage, but with more usage, you develop psychologically something similar to that idea, I want it explained!

Ive been listening to Terence and Dennis McKenna for hours straight now...

peace

- trypt

Wastl, my gnome, is giving me no peace now. Even hitting him straight on the head and knocking him out for 20 minutes didn't help. he wants to know where he can get a cheap vapourizer, not one for 100s of dollars, but something affordable. Does any one know of any web addresses who sell them, so he will shut up?

And please no instruction on how to make them yourself, I'm no good at things like that....

My gnome uses a great one only costs $35, another gnome friend uses one also, however he lost the little piece of paper that came with it that had a web address to order from.

- trypt

For anyone who was wondering about which toads and the active tryptamines in them, however people who want to try and use 5-MeO-DMT are better off buying it synthesised, very similar to DMT, after the first few seconds, but doesnt continue as visually, anyway heres an extract:

"Psychedelic Toads

Bufotenine and related 5-hydroxy-indolethylamines are common constituents

of venoms of the genera Hyla, Leptodactylus, Rana and Bufo. Bufotenine

is not psychedelic in reasonable doses (with larger doses there are

dangerous physiological side effects), but the skin of one species, Bufo

alvarius, contains 50-160 mg 5-MeO-DMT/g of skin (Daly & Witkop 1971).

It's the only Bufo species known to contain a hallucinogenic tryptamine

(McKenna & Towers 1984). Most (1984) gives instructions for collecting

and drying the venom:

Fresh venom can easily be collected without harm to the toad. Use a flat

glass plate or any other smooth, nonporous surface at least 12-inches

square. Hold the toad in front of the plate, which is fixed in a vertical

position. In this manner, the venom can be collected on the glass plate,

free of dirt and liquid released when the toad is handled.

When you are ready to begin, hold the toad firmly with one hand and, with

the thumb and forefinger of your other hand, squeeze near the base of the

gland until the venom squirts out of the pores and onto the glass plate. Use

this method to systematically collect the venom from each of the toad's

granular glands: those on the forearm, those on the tibia and femur of the

hind leg, and, of course, the parotoids on the neck. Each gland can be

squeezed a second time for an additional yield of venom if you allow the toad

a one-hour rest preiod. After this the glands are empty and require four to

to six weeks for regeneration.

The venom is viscous and milky-white in color when first squeezed from the

glands. It begins to dry within minutes and acquires the color and texture

of rubber cement. Scrape the venom from the glass plate, dry it thoroughly,

and store it in an airtight container until you are ready to smoke it.

Davis and Weil (1992) smoked the venom and described what happened:

In comparison to the pure compounds the toad venom appears longer lasting

and, because one does not completely lose contact with reality, far more

pleasant, even sensual. Shortly after inhalation I experienced warm flushing

sensations, a sense of wonder and well-being, strong auditory hallucinations,

which included an insect-cicada sound that ran across my mind and seemed to

link my body to the earth. Though I was indoors, there was a sense of the

feel of the earth, the dry desert soil passing through my fingers, the stars

at midday, the scent of cactus and sage, the feel of dry leaves through hands.

Strong visual hallucinations in orblike brilliance, diamond patterns that

undulated across my visual field. The experience was in every sense pleasant,

with no disturbing physical symptoms, no nausea, perhaps a slight sense of

increased heart rate. Warm waves coursed up and down my body. The effects

lasted only a few minutes but a pleasant afterglow continued for almost an

hour. (Wade Davis, personal observation, January 12, 1991)

Profound alteration of consciousness within a few seconds of exhaling. I

relax into a deep, peaceful interior awareness. There is nothing scary about

the effects and no sense of toxicity. I try to describe my feelings but am

unable to talk for the first five minutes and then only with some difficulty.

This is a powerful psychoactive drug, one that I think would appear to most

people who like the effects of hallucinogens. For the next hour I feel slow

and velvety, with a slight pressure in my head. No long-lasting effects to

report. (Andrew T. Weil, personal observation, January 12, 1991)"

Guest wira

That all sounds very familar in the wording.. was that copied from somewhere? In case it's not clear to everyone, that stuff is all in reference to Bufo alvarius, as opposed to Bufo marinus.

Re: bufotenine, you may not be aware that there has been some revision regarding its psychoactivity. It should no longer be considered as "not psychoactive in reasonable amounts except nearing toxic levels". This has been discussed quite a bit here and there on the net, have a look around.

i can get small glass vapourizer pipes easily.

if anybody wants one email me.

i think they are around $10 not more.

Hmm, I've got your standard vapourizer, but having a more portable one would be convenient...

How large is it, and where are you in Australia?

- trypt

Guest shapeshifter

Gross - being a queenslander I've spent my childhood playing cricket with toads not licking them (and by that I don't mean getting them to field for me)

Spawn of the devil is what they are so if you're gunna lick them, be prepared to shake hands with the red horny one !! Did you know that if they get injured (accidentally coliding with a wooden bat) they can suck their guts back in and go on living!! EEEEWWWW!!

I'd rather try out Homers other trip and swallow several Jalapenos.

i have a smallish hand held vapouriser

that i bought from magicwaterpipe

wasn't that cheap but it's a very

good portable one

worth it i reckon

Originally posted by shapeshifter:

Gross - being a queenslander I've spent my childhood playing cricket with toads not licking them (and by that I don't mean getting them to field for me)

I think that's an evil custom. Toads, after all are living beings and should not be used for playing cricket. Someone told me yesterday that it's now a $50000 Dollar fine or something like that for any people who attempt to castrate CATS at home without the aid of a vet...and rightfully so.

By the same token it should be punishable to torture toads.

Spawn of the devil is what they are so

that's something that stupid queensland rednecks say and in my opinion they can go to hell (the rednecks I mean)

if you're gunna lick them, be prepared to shake hands with the red horny one !!

I'd rather shake hands with the horny one than with queensland rednecks.

Did you know that if they get injured (accidentally coliding with a wooden bat) they can suck their guts back in and go on living!! EEEEWWWW!!

That's some sensationalist story and I don't believe it unless somebody gives me proof for that!

I'd rather try out Homers other trip and swallow several Jalapenos.

There's nothing to it. I'll swallow jalapenos any time.

Gomaos : The stuff about them being able to suck their guts back up and keep on ticking is true...next time it raise, go out and find a toad and step on their back until their guts come out, then leave them alone for a while and come back, you'll find the toad has had the ability to suck the guts back up and piss-off.

I personally always try to kill a toad anytime a see them, for the reason that they are disgusting creatures and are a menace to other australian animals either by eating them or killing the other animals if they eat them. If I was too see a toad in the phillapines or where ever the fuck they come from it wouldn't phase me, but because they are a reason you see barely any green frogs around here anymore, I like to play cricket with them.

-bumpy

Originally posted by MrBumpy:

Gomaos : The stuff about them being able to suck their guts back up and keep on ticking is true...next time it raise, go out and find a toad and step on their back until their guts come out, then leave them alone for a while and come back, you'll find the toad has had the ability to suck the guts back up and piss-off.

I wouldn't do that because that is cruelty. If you think you have to kill toads, please do so in a humane/quick and as painless as possible way. They are living creatures after all.

I personally always try to kill a toad anytime a see them, for the reason that they are disgusting creatures and are a menace to other australian animals either by eating them or killing the other animals if they eat them.

At this point I want everybody to remember that we humans are an introduced species too here in Australia and a far greater menace to the environment than toads. That doesn't give anyone the right to go out and blindly kill humans.

I also hate people who kill cats for the same reason. If anyone was to kill my cat, I would get very upset.

The cane toad was introduced by Scientists to control the cane beetle - if you're really upset about cane toads being in Australia then find a Scientist or a Cane Farmer and smack them over the head with your cricket bat. It would make more sense.

There's a widely held belief that cane toads are causing extinction of frog species. Worldwide there is a decline in frog populations across a wide variety of species - even in relatively pristine areas not affected by pollution or feral animals. There are a lot of theories about why frog populations are in decline - some suspect some sort of fungal pathogen may be responsible. No-one is 100% sure.

I think the menace to wildlife has been overstated. When toads first come in to an area, there is a peak in wildlife deaths, but in time animal populations seem to adapt. In my yard (in Qld) I have cane toads and green tree frogs - and plenty of mosquitoes for all of them to eat.

There are a lot of urban myths about cane toads - like they're getting bigger and bigger, etc. Most of them aren't true. I'm not saying they don't have an impact on the environment - they do just like most animals, but the hysteria about them isn't really justified.

People who kill toads in all sorts of cruel ways, and then have the nerve to justify their behavior by saying they're 'doing their duty for the environment' probably need a good smack over the head with a cricket bat.

People are quick to blame cane toads for the problems faced by native species, but don't bother to look for more obvious reasons - like a rate of land clearing that rivals the worst in the third world, indiscriminate use of pesticides and agricultural chemicals, ... etc.

People are just happy to demonise the cane toad and blame them for all the problems.

btw : the food cane toads seem to like most ( apart from human flesh of course ) is cat biscuits.

btw : this thread just goes on and on doesn't it. Toad licking, snakes pissing, hmmm.