The Corroboree
Weazelloph

Carnegia gigantea

So I dont really know how to say this but I managed to get my hands on a 5m tall Carnegia gigantea... what should I do with it, I was told it belongs in a museum and is worth a lot of money others have told me to contact collectors corner.. any help?

So when you say you got your hands on it ... is it proudly planted in your backyard? On a truck somewhere? Still on the property somehwere waiting to be picked up?

If it were planted in my backyard, I think I would leave it there as the prize of my collection, and maybe when a bit falls off I would offer that for sale.

If I had ownership rights, but it was somewhere needing to be dug up and transported, I think I would look to be selling it to someone and getting them to move it themselves, that can be one hell of a dangerous job from what I have heard/read. Better left to braver people than I. :)

In my posession as in its in someone elses backyard waiting to be picked up haha

I didnt think about a massive cactus landing on me O.0

Ive got a truck I can use so I am able to put it in my back yard but it will be a massive project and apparently from what ive heard it does not root all all if cut up :(

I'm guessing its the one off eBay :) I think they do grow from cuttings but they will take years to root.

Try to take some roots with it. Give it a chance!

If its the Ebay one i saw a while ago, well done :P

THAT MOTHER IS FLAMING HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you ask them how old it is when you go to 'dig' it up and get back to me? The curiosity!

Edited by gunfighter