The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
psycho0

Dont mix DXM and hard liquor

well thursday nite i ingested 1200mg dxm

doble my usual amount

i was also drinking vodka straight from the bottle(first mistake)

it took about 1hour 8 shots cough syrup

what i remember of that nite i had a very strong 2nd plateau-type buzz

felt very drunk and smashed at the same time

anyway i had fun and went to bed later that nite

the next day i woke with the usual 'afterglow' feeling but stronger than normal i thought that this was because of the higher dosage i took

that evening i ingested a different substance

and as well as feeling this substances effects i began tripping very hard(like i should have the nite before)it was quite a pleasent surprise

awhile later i went clubbing and as soon as i got in there i began to sweat profusely and get very hot

not too uncomfortable tho

anyway i was tripping very hard for about 4-5hours then it calmed a little

but i also began to get the robowalk pretty badly so after awhile i went back and crashed in the van

everything went really well but i'm still tripping in a way now on sunday morning(haven't slept) ie pastel sorta colors slightly seeing things move on peripherary of visual field when i focus on them tho they dont move

but i am STILL getting mild tracers and stuff

this usually lasts the day after tops for me but not this severe or for this long

is it because of the large dose?

i'm sure once i sleep i'll return to normal

any theories on why the dxm was 'dormant' so to speak until the next day?

does alcohol stop the absorbtion of dxm?

why would this other substance have triggered it off the next nite?totally unexpectedly

i had a great time but this may have had the potential for a bad experience

any thoughts on why this happened would be greatly appreciated

thanx

aaron

Funny,

my gnome did a similar thing the other day:

He put some pachanoi in the blender and mixed in 3 juicy lemons.

now that doesn't taste as bad as pachanoi with water or anything else.

But for a new variation he flushed the pachanoi cocktail down with one bottle of champagne.

Couldn't be that bad, he thought.

First the champagne would make him sort of neatly pissed, not too much, just right, and later, when the mescal would take hold, he would clear up, take a step back and enjoy.

But wrong...

So he drank all that stuff and started typing up a story. He got about 3 pages done and then lost interest, started listening to music, still enjoying...

Then the cactus started working, and he was feeling really weird, bordering on sick...

ended up lying flat on his back, with his feet up, waiting it out...

very trippy of course, but not recommendable...

today he's just got a bottle of champagne, that's all, after which he will probably drop to bed...

maybe he's gonna have some cactus tomorrow, or whenever he wakes up from the champus...

I would like to add a note on mixing DXM with alcohol.

I did it a few times while drinking, and the long term effects are much worse that DXM alone.

Does anyone knoe much about seratonin syndrome? this is strongly linked to drinking while doing DXM.

Originally posted by tryptaminer:

Does anyone knoe much about seratonin syndrome? this is strongly linked to drinking while doing DXM.

I doubt it. I don't think either affect serotonin greatly although i could be totally wrong.

I dropped an 800mg gel cap a long time ago at a friends house. We were all sitting around having a few quiet drinks on the balcony and I slowly got drunker and drunker. Then they said something stupid like "Ok Denis is banned from the bourban now." so just to be a dickhead I grabbed the bottle of bourban and just started woofing it down. I must have downed about half the bottle in one shot , I swear it just about killed me. Then I started getting into the bottle of midori.

Anyways the dex had well and truly kicked in and I found myslef crawling to the bathroom to puke. I was crawling along on my stomach and had just made it into the bathroom before some friends showed up and told me I was coming out clubbing with them. I was lying face down on a bathroom floor and they thought I would go clubbing with them......

I started puking all over the floor and they were screaming to me to get to the toilet. The toilet was about a metre to one side and the bath tub was a meter to the other side. I decided on the bathtub and lept with all my might to the edge. I just made it and practically filled the thing with vomit (yeah not my finest moments but a good deterrent to never do anything remotely similar ever again). Then I just blacked out on the bathrrom floor.

My friends cleaned me up and dragged me out to the car , threw me in the back seat and drove to the club. When we got there I begged them to give me an hour to chill out in the car and then I would meet up with them inside the club. I just needed to wait until the universe stopped falling out of my fingers and everything would be allright.

They took me to the nightclub door sort of like "Weekend at Bernies" style. To my amazement security let me in despite me falling over right in front of them. I knew them pretty well so they probably thought they were doing me a favour. I began walking up the stairs then everything went black and I woke up covered in blood in my friends spare bed.

It was 9:30 in the morning and he was trying to wake me up. He was wearing his work overalls and telling me to get up. We had to be at a house over the otherside of Melbourne to install a full security system by 10am and it was over an hours drive away.

My head was throbbing , I had never felt so terrible in my entire life. I felt like I was dying from the inside. I could barely even see straight. I got up and washed all the blood from my face and put on my overalls.

We made our way to the job and called the house and told them we were running a little late. We got about halfway there before we had to stop. We got some food and lied down in the grass feeling like absoloute shit. I had never ever felt so terible and my head was completely clouded. We eventually got to the job (hours late) and unloaded our equipment. I managed to climb into the roof and tried to work. I couldn't even hold a screw driver it was terrible. I found a spot to lie down and passed out in the roof.

When I woke up I had a flash from the night before. It was me being surrounded by four large italian guys and then bang! I took an uppercut from one of them. I was at the club for 6-7 hours and the only thing I could remember was about 3 seconds of what actually happened. The rest was completely black. I asked my friend about it and he told me that there was a gorgeous girl surrounded by burly italians and I said to my friends "Watch this...." then I proceeded to approach the girl and grab her right on the ass (completely out of character for me) and the 4 guys shoved me into the corner. They asked me what the hell I was doing and I started laughing like a maniac. The the guy in the middle gave me an uppercut. I remember everything burst into tiny stars as his fist impacted into my jaw. I began laughing again and he was screaming "What the hell is your problem!!" Then my friend ran down and saved my ass.

We eventually managed to finish the job , it took about 3 hrs longer than it should have and my friend did most of the work.

My head was still thumping until well into the night and when I got home I called all my friends and asked them if they had seen me the night before. One of my friends had been there and seen me take a tumble down the stairs "You went completely ass over head and then stood up and fell down again."

Another friend had seen me sitting down "You were just sitting there shaking , I went and gave you a hug and you just wouldn't stop shaking."

Another friend. "I saw you making out with some really obese chick right in front of that bar girl that you like.."

Another friend. "You wouldn't stop talking about the universe , you said something about creating your own worlds or some shit..."

Anyways I could go on and on but the point is I have no recollection of any of this. I have about 6-7 hours of my life that I will never get back and will never completely know what happened. This is a very terrible feeling. That is why I will never mix DXM with hard liquor EVER again.

3 weeks later I went back to the club and the same bar girl that I liked told me security dragged me out of the toilets at 5 in the morning. I have no idea how I got back to my friends house , he told me I was sitting on his doorstep making noises at 6am.

DXM and hard liquor gave me the worst night of my life. Next time drink some grapefruit juice and save yourslef the pain.

Dont mix the 2 , you're asking for trouble.

well if that isn't the best example for serotonin syndrome...

and also, CS, I thought the AMT plus alcohol plus bargirls with spiky shoes stepping on you..or was it someone else...was the worst night of your life...a bit confused here...anyway don't forget your glasses of water...peace...

Guest Saph

Quote:Chemical Shaman

DXM and hard liquor gave me the worst night of my life. Next time drink some grapefruit juice and save yourslef the pain.

Well I hope you learned from that and never do it again but strangely enough.....

Boys will be boys and it usally takes a few more goes before they learn.

(No affence intended)

[This message has been edited by Saph (edited 19 September 2001).]