The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
planthelper

mod's don't delete my, unwanted v notch post, without great care, read this

it was a double post, and when I edited, one of them, it occurred that one thread had now suddenly the pics and the other one only the text?????? wtf?

this will take me one hour to fix.

stupid software, I did nothing wrong.

i'm heart broken now, it was so much work.

later edit:

I managed to fix it fast, but now I am worried that a mod deleting the unwanted thread, will cause the same issue I had....

cheers!

Edited by planthelper

this double trouble post I can't fix, now one thread which I made unwanted has all the replies, but no pictures.

the other one pictures but no replies, I am suicidal now, this is hurting my brain big times.

I can't fix it. my attempts of fixing the initial doble post made two more problems arise, I give up. :BANGHEAD2:

the admin could try to join, the other replies to the better thread, but I would still lose all my likes given beforehand.

Edited by planthelper

Internet forum tip:

I always ctrl+A, ctrl+C before I click submit on any big post I make. Good habit to get into, saves a lot of trouble if weird stuff happens/your internet drops out/something....

• Like 2

Hi PH, this is not a big deal. Like you said, i can easily merge them together which is what i´ll do after i´ve hit post. Keeping two threads because of the likes is hardly an alternative. Im sure people will like them again. ;) bye Eg

Who deleted the topic while i was trying to merge it?

Whoever it was...i appreciate the help but next time please let me know beforehand so dont look like a complete tool. :wink:

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

now when you click the topic it say's data base broken, I assume it can be fixed, if not than I will have to do it from scratch again.

the double post is gone, and the reminding one is broken.

I guess me doing the uploads from scratch might be less work, than trying to fix the mess, HOWEVER I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED THAT I WOULD HAVE TO RE NAME ALL MY PICTURES, BECAUSE THE SOFTWARE MIGHT SAY, THOS PICTURES EXCIST ALREADY... something I had heaps of trouble with at another site.

Not sure what this is but i rather think its a technical error. I get a weird error message as well. We´ll try to recover the topic but its possible its lost. I dont see the topic in the deleted content menue so its possible it wasnt deleted by a mod in the first place.

Eg, just delete the broken thread in question, and I will upload the topic from scratch again.
I have saved all the text anyway, so it will be a breeze, hopefully.
let's hope the software will accept the pic's without renaming.

once, we are all good again, please do delete this thread.

Edited by Evil Genius

what i do is i always write up my new topic on word document then copy it and past it on the forum, just in case anything happens

what i do is i always write up my new topic on word document then copy it and past it on the forum, just in case anything happens

this is good advice, however it doesn't help if, one has trouble with the pictures added to a thread.

one has to still upload all the pictures.

I compose the text using the forum, and than before pressing the post button, copy and paste it into my notepad.

the sites auto save works well as well, but I don't remember what I did, when it once saved all my work, I guess I pressed the return button.

My piece of shit laptop sometimes backstabs me and freezes after i´ve written a huge text. The bigger the text, the more likely it´ll freeze. I sometimes think its trolling me while im about to go postal and pull a kim jong un on it. Since that, i pretty much save all bigger texts i write.

• Like 1

I don't face the problem of uploading pictures as I upload them on photobucket, so I just paste the URL of the pic

Good luck