The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Roopey

Pulque

I have finally got my batch from underneath the house, and everything went swimmingly. I just used organic agave nectar and water, no yeast so I had to wait four months, to make this batch so that I could see what it was like by itself. So far I've had a couple of glasses with very trippy-esque effects.

The batch that I'm going to start over the winter is going to have some extra fun additives in it like Hiemia and MHRB powder soaked in lemon juice.

I'm really enjoying this feeling that it is giving and I will keep everyone updated on how further experiments go in this thread. I'll try and get pics up soon as well.

• Like 4

OOOh I've always wanted to do this myself.

Have you ever heard of "pulque wood"?

In mexico they use the bark in the drink

haven't been able to identify it yet, but is meant to be psychotropic.

So what's a pulque-drunk like? I bet it's psychotropic already, hey?

i've never heard of 'pulque' before. what's in it?

• Like 1

So I've had half a bottle so far and some smoke and I'm getting into now. Colors are starting to become very vivid and I feel somehow in a sedating mild opiate state, but I'm not tired. This is easily the best drink I have ever found to mix with smoke.

About an hour in I was just giddy and silly, dancing around and laughing at how awesome I felt. I have about 20 liters of this stuff, and I have the feeling that this is somehow best when mixed with other things. So I will continue to report back after further synergies have been found.

I have heard that they added bark to their brews, but I wanted to see what it was like by itself. Well, and then mixed with other things. :)

I have a feeling that Hiemia was used in pulque, but I'm sure they added heaps of other things to get added effects. Such as, mimosa, sally, damiana, lemon, or any of the other many psychedelic plants found in Mexico.

Edited by Roopey
  • Like 3

I am keen on this too am growing out a stack of agaves for this purpose, might take me a few years but lol.

did it go white? and hows the texture?

It didn't go white, more of a dark white wine color. It has a sour yeasty flavor, which it is supposed to have. The first night I was just sipping and acquiring the flavor and by last night I was drinking the stuff like beer. Had about 5-6 glasses by the end of the night. Great buzz, but not overpowering. It almost like it can only get you high, and not drunk.