The Corroboree
mushroomman

Led grow lights

Sorry to revive this topic, but I recently found this information and thought it would be useful.

Admittedly, it's a bit of a sore subject for me.... :ana:

DETERMINATION OF ASSIMILATOR PIGMENT CONTENT IN CLADODES OF OPUNTIA FRAGILIS VAR. FRAGILIS EXPOSED TO LIGHT OF DIFFERENT COLORS EMITTED BY LEDs.pdf

After determining the assimilator pigment content of Opuntia fragilis var. fragilis cladodes, from vitrocultures exposed for 90 days at a light intensity of 1000 lux, different colors (white, blue, yellow, red or green), issued by the LED (Light Emitting Diode), it has been found that in relation to their level, similar vitrocultures illuminated with white fluorescent light (control variant, the reference), only Opuntia vitroplantlets exposed to white light emitted by LEDs held chlorophyll a and carotenoid pigments in quantities close to the value determined from material plant derived from control samples. Instead, those vitroplantlets exposed to emitted red or yellow LEDs light, had a content of more than 50% below the lower chlorophyll a and chlorophyll b, in carotenoid pigments respectively, compared with that recorded in similar vitrocladodes from the culture illuminated with white fluorescent tubes (control variant). The strongest inhibitory effect on the assimilator pigment level gained from Opuntia cladodes mesophyll, regenerated in vitro, it has been challenged by green LED light, the vast majority of the examined pigments, the amount of which were approximately 30% from the parameters that have been registered with prepared extracts from control samples.

STUDIES REGARDING THE INFLUENCE OF DIFFERENT WAVELENGTHS OF LEDS LIGHT ON REGENERATIVE AND MORPHOGENETIC PROCESSES IN IN VITRO CULTURES OF ECHINOPSIS CHAMAECEREUS F. LUTEA.pdf

Echinopsis chamaecereus f. lutea is a yellow, ornamental cactus species, which belongs to the group of mutant, chlorophyll-deficient cacti. Their inability to synthesize chlorophyll makes these chlorophyll- deficient cacti survive only if they are grafted onto adequate stock which contains chlorophyll. Chlorophyll- deficient cacti are multiplied through “in vitro” cloning. With regard to the establishment of an “in vitro” culture of Echinopsis chamaecereus f. lutea, from the parent plant grown in the greenhouse, we sampled 1-cm explants, which were used as stem segments that were inoculated on an aseptic agarose medium with macroelements and Murashige-Skoog FeEDTA (1962), Heller microelements (1953), vitamins – pyridoxine HCl, thyamine HCl, and nicotinic acid (1 mg/l of each) – m-inositol and sucrose, without growth regulators. In the grow room, the tissue cultures were illuminated with light-emitting diodes (LEDs) of different colors (yellow, red, green, blue or white), with a light intensity of 1000 lx. The evolution (rhizogenesis, callogenesis, and caulogenesis) of the in vitro cultures was monitored for 90 days, tracking the differences in reactivity to the different wavelengths of LEDs illumination. Cultures exposed to white light emitted by fluorescent tubes served as the control sample. After 90 days, compared to the differentiation of the control sample exposed to white light from fluorescent tubes, the samples grown in the presence of green or blue LEDs demonstrated statistically significant increases in the growth of the stems; under red or green LEDs illumination, calusogenesis intensified, while under white or yellow LEDs illumination, the rate of development of the stems was not significantly different from the growth of the control samples. Rhizogenesis was not observed in any of the samples.

DETERMINATION OF ASSIMILATOR PIGMENT CONTENT IN CLADODES OF OPUNTIA FRAGILIS VAR. FRAGILIS EXPOSED TO LIGHT OF DIFFERENT COLORS EMITTED BY LEDs.pdf

STUDIES REGARDING THE INFLUENCE OF DIFFERENT WAVELENGTHS OF LEDS LIGHT ON REGENERATIVE AND MORPHOGENETIC PROCESSES IN IN VITRO CULTURES OF ECHINOPSIS CHAMAECEREUS F. LUTEA.pdf

Edited by hookahhead
  • Like 2

http://www.ledgrowlightshq.co.uk/led-grow-lights-uk/

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

I once used a 40' (foot) led rope light to illuminate a Triops grow... should work fine for plants.

• Like 1

Sorry have not read much of the topic, but I recently did a lot of research because I made an LED array for my marine fish tank.

Would not advise making them yourself as you need to by driver boards, DC power supply etc etc etc

This product, just needs to plug into the wall and it's got a heatsink and driver BUILT in. For that price it is a steal.

However, I am also against using only blues and reds as plants do adsorb across the whole colour range, mostly for regulatory behaviours like determining what time of year it is, or which direction to grow etc. Just supplement with a few 5000K CFLs if it's an issue for you

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-hydroponics-lighting-AC85-265V-50W-E27-RED-BLUE-SMD-500-LEDS-Hydroponic-LED-Plant-Grow/1719328037.html

They need an e27 fitting: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5X-E27-to-AU-US-Plug-LED-Bulb-Lamp-Socket-Base-Adapter-Converter-on-off-button/1739987391.html

Or this one appears to terminate in a cord so you don't have to do anything dodgy/illegal

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Multi-colored-chandelier-Cord-E27-lamp-sets-of-silicone-foam-Dragonball-Edison-light-bulb-hanging-wire/1764609174.html

Enjoy :)

Edited by IceCube
  • Like 1

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/10/25/specs-images-arcadia-ecoaqua-30w-spotlight/

reef builder's specs I found on the arcadia eco aqua ufo light

I have a '2014 240w UV V2.0 Lighthouse Hydro BlackStar LED Grow light Flower 3W L027’ in the cupboard. Would this be sufficient for raising trich seedlings? I've tried this light with few other plants but haven't been impressed with the results.

Edited by Wile E. Peyote

I would guess it's sufficient for seedlings ofcourse depending on your definition of seedlings (weeks/months)

If you have some seeds to test i'd look for redness as a sign of sufficient light levels.

Some factors that may make this particular lamp underperform to expectations is the relative large amount of blue, unneccesary white and detrimental UV combined with a specification of capacity instead of how much power it actually uses (probably closer to 120W)

Edited by DualWieldRake
  • Like 1