The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Psiphi

WTT: seeds - Medicinal or edible

Hey all! I'm trying to build up a bit of diversity in my newly beginning garden with a focus on medicinal and edible plants and herbs. I'm also not averse to trades of other non medicinal botanicals if they're interesting. I do have a little bit of money, but would prefer trade as cash is in short supply at the moment.

I'm looking for things that would grow in a Tasmanian climate would be preferred, but not essential.

Seeds that I have available for trade I have are:

- Mullein (Not sure what one as it was not specified to me and I have not grown it yet, but I assume it is Verbascum thapsus)

- Leonotis Nepetifolia

- Nicotiana Rustica
- Datura Stramonium
- Mixed Trichocereus Hybrids

- A small amount of Acacia Acuminata

- A small amount of Acacia Phlebophylla

Thanks for your time!

Edited by Psiphi

Hey Psiphi, Nice to see you

just so your in the know, Datura sp. are registered as weeds in Tasmania.

I have grown Acacia Acuminata and the cold and frost kills them. Phlebophylla (you just missed a giveaway), does very well, and happily grows during winter and summer. Obtusifolia and florabunda do, the obs are a bit slow, but florabunda goes crazy.

(Edit. Duh .... didnt read the post very well at all)

Cheers, Ob.

Edited by obtuse
  • Like 1

Those listed are the ones I have for trade, I'm after anything interesting that anyone has and would like to swap :). Probably should of worded it a little better

Yeah I know about the datura being listed a a weed, someone sent the seeds to me as a surprise in a trade. My mate has one in his backyard that's apparently like 40 years old that his nan grew, I can grab a cutting if I ever wanted one. I'll have to snap a pic of it, it's quite impressive.

Cheers for the info on the Acuminata!

Edited by Psiphi

I would love the acacia seeds and the rustica. If you like I can set you up with a few seeds of a range of ethnos, and you can see what thrives for you (with a little babying :) )

• Like 1

hahaha. ok :blush: , where was i last night.

Yeah I know about the datura being listed a a weed, someone sent the seeds to me as a surprise in a trade. My mate has one in his backyard that's apparently like 40 years old that his nan grew, I can grab a cutting if I ever wanted one. I'll have to snap a pic of it, it's quite impressive.

That sounds like Brugmansia, not Datura. Gotta love Nans gardens.

I would love to see a pic of it. Even at 20 years they can be quite impressive. Im guessing its probably a Brugmansia sanguinea, and if you want pollen, when mine start flowering i would be happy sending you some.

Cheers, Ob.

• Like 1

That sounds like Brugmansia, not Datura. Gotta love Nans gardens.

I would love to see a pic of it. Even at 20 years they can be quite impressive. Im guessing its probably a Brugmansia sanguinea, and if you want pollen, when mine start flowering i would be happy sending you some.

Cheers, Ob.

I'm not too well versed in Brugs or Datura, and I've only seen it once, briefly from a distance, with my bad eyes haha. My mate said it was datura so I didn't bother questioning him lol. I thought it was a bit odd, but just reasoned to myself nan's do have some odd things in their gardens sometimes. I'll ask my mate if he wants some pollen for it, I don't really have any room for it at the moment :(, I really need a bigger place.

I'll give him a call sometime soon and see if I can snap a pic, they're giant white trumpets. So impressive.

Edited by Psiphi