The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Getafix

Okay, at the risk of sounding like an idiot can someone please tell me how to set/get an avatar for myself??

I had told myself I wouldn't bother (because I didn't know how and didn't want to ask), but now it's bugging me!

Thanks for your help in advance, and no mocking!! :P

Getafix

click on your user name at the top of your screan, and select the link to 'my profile', from there, hover your mouse over the vacant void that is your lack of avatar and a 'change' radio button will appear, follow prompts to upload an image.

to get an image suitable, find one you like (google images or a photo from your collection or anything really...), preferably square or so that you can crop what you like from it to be square, then, in microsoft paint or similar, crop to square and stretch the image down pretty small (smaller than 150 x 150 pixels, if MS paint gives a way to measure... the size of an avatar lol) and save the image, then, use previous instructions to upload it.

all the best :)

• Like 1

here, a ready made avatar for you, simply put the URL in the input section labeled 'url' instead of clicking the browse option :)

27356.gif?dateline=1242977157

edited to say, if you needed one. dont know how to use paint and couldnt be bothered learning, or simply are feeling lazy and will get a better one later :P:)

Edited by dionysus
  • Like 1

here, a ready made avatar for you, simply put the URL in the input section labeled 'url' instead of clicking the browse option :)

http://www.theolderg...line=1242977157

edited to say, if you needed one. dont know how to use paint and couldnt be bothered learning, or simply are feeling lazy and will get a better one later :P:)

Legend, thanks mate.Found another Getafix picture to use, so simple duh!!!

Edited by Getafix
  • Like 1

Is your avatar from Astrix?.lol

:)

Ah, it's been SO long since I read the books. I remember Haggard well though.

:)

• Like 1

I had never made the connection before I used to love reading Asterix. I was trying to explain to my wife the other day what it was about but I couldn't remember what the series was called. I cant wait for her to get home so I can show her. :lol:

Cheers

Got

Maybe I have my comics mixed up. I just looked for Haggard on google images but can't find her? Oh we'll :). If I remember where she is from I will come back to this. She was some Viking bird and I was sure she was from Astrix.

Neat avatar anyway Getafix.

Maybe I have my comics mixed up. I just looked for Haggard on google images but can't find her? Oh we'll :). If I remember where she is from I will come back to this. She was some Viking bird and I was sure she was from Astrix.

Neat avatar anyway Getafix.

hagar the horrible is a viking, and owns a duck named kvack? thats the closest i can think to what you're saying though lol. asterix and his pals, though, all have the suffix 'ix' after their name (obelix, asterix, getafix, dogmatix, geriatrix etc)

Hagar the Horrible ?

Edit :To slow again

Cheers

Got

Edited by GoOnThen

*googles Hagar the horrible...

Yeah,,, that's her,,,,er, I mean him, lol :)/> . I Don't know why I remembered him as a her. I am glad that's sorted :)

Edited by Amazonian