The Corroboree
catch

kakadu plum Terminalia ferdinandiana

Terminalia ferdinandiana, also called the gubinge, billygoat plum, Kakadu plum or murunga is a flowering plant in the family Combretaceae, native to Australia, widespread throughout the tropical woodlands from northwestern Australia to eastern Arnhem Land.

i am really interested in finding out if the leaf of this baby has any medicinal properties

how can i find out what alkaloids the leaf has

is there any one that can help or offer advice

maybe its a medicine ,after all the fruit is famous and the bark is also used as a antiseptic wash

i really want to find out if the leaf has a anything good about it

thanks

Hey mate! I can't answer your question sorry.. But I will encourage you to buy some seeds or a plant and find out for us! I'm also interested in this plant of late and have seeds on the way. But I never thought about its leaf before!

Possibly you could make contacts at a university or pay for analysis yourself if your really keen.

D00d

I've not heard of any alkaloids in the leaf. However green plum - Buchanania obovata is said to have analgesic properties in the leaf petiol and midvein. It is traditionally use to treat toothache with the petiol used to plug the hole in the tooth, providing pain relief. I've heard the active alkaloid is a type of opioid but have not looked any further into it. If you are interested it might be worth your time to investigate further.

This tree is very common in top end woodlands and fruits at the beginning of the wet as apposed to billy goat plum which fruits toward the end. I actually like green plum better then billygoat plum as it has a nice tutyfruity flavor. It is in the same family as mangoes and cashew nuts, Anacardiaceae.

Good luck with your search.

• Like 1

is that the one with the crazy high vitamin C content?

if so that'd be one to hunt down

where have you been dude people are already hunting it down

YEA THANKS PLANT SLAVE ,YOUR THE BEST MATE AWSOME INFO

whats the basics of this method

is there somone else who can do his test for me

how can i better understand this method

can we please talk more plantslave