The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
PsillyBean

PsillyBean Sounds

Trying something different. Please listen and enjoy. Thanks!

Edited by PsillyBean

awesome beats man, and i like the airy filtering sounds

• Like 1

Hey PsillyBean!

I sent you a message through Soundcloud regarding that track you posted. It is very compelling. Are you planning on putting together an album of full-length pieces at some point? I would buy it.

Thanks for listening guys. Its really appreciated getting some feedback. No plans for an album, I am still searching and trying to get my head round the whole composition thing. I replied to your soundcloud message Halif. Cheers!

Another attempt, i am not convinced on this one though. I think i may have jumped the shark..

Hey PsillyBean!!

I like everything you put on Soundcloud - but this has to be my personal favourite!

It's very rare that the first few seconds of a track grab my attention, but that's what happened with this track. It's so atmospheric. It's transporting.

There's a fairly obscure album called 'Through the Hill' by Andy Partridge (of XTC fame) and Harold Budd which is the closest thing that my internal music library can draw a comparison to (not that your track sounds like this album, rather that album has the same kind of dream state atmosphere). Have you heard it?

Well done with that track. And once again, any plans for an album or set of tunes? I'd buy it.

Hey Halif,

Some seriously nice words. I am glad you enjoyed it. Thanks! :D

I have heard of Andy Partridge and XTC but have never listened to that album. Checking it out now. Maybe draw some sneaky inspiration.

Honestly I don't think my music is up to scratch for an album yet. i feel its still missing something . Its still nice to hear that you would drop cash for it though.

Are you referring to a Soundcloud set? Im sure I could organise that.

Edited by PsillyBean

Nice work, its good to see that you are diverse in your productions, and allow yourself to veer away from the trance genre from time to time.

Not including the percussion, the instrument sounds & overall progression of this song reminds me a bit of the band

Edited by Psylo

Are you referring to a Soundcloud set? Im sure I could organise that

That would be fantastic. I'll keep my eyes/ears peeled!

In terms of 'leisure listening' I'm not nearly as adventurous as I used to be and am presently stuck in late 70s, early 80s jazz/rock (I'm an insufferable mega-fan of anything by Walter Becker and/or Donald Fagen), but there are some very interesting artists putting out music on Soundcloud which keeps my ears fresh.

People such as yourself, the above poster (Psylo), Howling Cloud, and PsiPhi have been very inspirational.

I haven't listened to any radio stations for years - probably my fault for not looking around hard enough for the good ones - because there seems to be a dearth of meaningful output in the mainstream music field. It's a shame that for me 'mainstream' automatically means crap these days, but seriously a lot of the music that I hear in public places offends my ears. Superficially, it seems to be a lot of emotive outpouring without much substance.