The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Bigred

Do you think qld should decriminalize cannabis poll

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i am starting a petition for the decriminalisation of cannabis in qld just thought it would be good to get some vibes

off fellow members before i start harassing the public. so have a vote and have a say cannabis reform is not far away !!!

Edited by bigred82

This is the expert counsel of "The Lancet" - and yes they most certainly are medical professions!

"Lancet Editorial Advocates the Decriminalisation of Cannabis" '89 - brought us to this present situation of de facto decriminalisation on first offence of minor quantities and drug diversion. It also predicted countries who kept "zero tolerance" would see an increase, not decrease, in cannabis usage.

Then in 2009 Lancet stated "The figures published by medical journal The Lancet show marijuana use in Australia is three times the global average, with amphetamine usage twice as common." - ultimately saying "well we told you so!"

Of course not being a doctor I must defer to their expert, professional opinion - shouldn't we all?

• Like 1

Now folks I want you to respect the Law. The Law does not have to be based on medical scientific fact. The Law does not have to be "right" - if I see starving children stealing food scraps from my rubbish bins, I can call the police to have them arrested and charged with theft! (But it doesn't seem "right")

The Law does not have to be "just" - I can profit from the local industry boom by tripling "Greasy Pete's" rent, forcing him out of his home, knowing he'll die of alcohol withdrawal, malnutrition and neglect - not my problem! (But it doesn't seem "just" to a lifelong tenant, neighbour and former employee)

The Law must merely be the Law - and that, my friends, is that! The police service don't make the Law but only "serve it with honour" and presumably, in another time and place, be honoured to burn the Jews.

It is up to the people to resist and change unfair and unjust Law.

I remember all to well the 80s in Queensland when being gay was illegal. That's right! Suspected homosexuals were raided, set up in undercover stings and charged and gaoled as the criminals that they were, at that time. But external pressures forced the Government to realise that no amount of penal would set a homosexual straight, it seemed that sexual preference was not a legal or illegal choice, rather it was an unfortunate personality "disorder", not to be discriminated against, punished or forced underground away from medical support. They have as much right to life, society, employment and support as the "sufferer" of any other "disorder". So literally overnight in 1989 the illegal "offence" was made legal and society didn't miss a beat. (Please excuse the puns - I am, after all, Pat "funny c*nt" Uri)

What makes 'marijhauna' criminal in Queensland is not science, not democracy - it is just ink on paper (hemp paper at that!)

Anyone read Queensland Drug Misuse A86 Part 5B Commercial Production of Industrial Cannabis? Because, sheeet!, especially in the 80s, I knew a lot of people who were busted over "industrial cannabis".

• Like 3

Oh - if there is to be reform, could it be next year? It's just I've got a mate whose heart is set on a new Harley for Christmas.

• Like 2

How do you think the poll is coming along bigred82? If it ends up just being a few of us the State Government shouldn't have too much trouble setting up a "sheltered workplace" for us - surely?

If I wanted to I could climb Mt Everest tomorrow with a 10% chance of dying while avoiding prosecution

If I wanted to I could eat 100 glue sticks or inhale a 6 pack of butane cartridges or spray-paint.

But no matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't have a couple of tokes of a spliff after a hard days work in QLD without being charged, convicted and classed as a criminal.

So yes not only should Cannabis be decriminalized but it should NEVER have been prohibited in the first instance.

Edited by spice-of-life
  • Like 2

Well said spice-of-life! You are no small thinker!

Hell - you can drink alcohol for days without sleep; then drive a vehicle, full of No-Doz and only just under the General Alcohol Limit and the police would not be able to do a thing! Strange, because at 0.049% alcohol I couldn't walk a straight line, let alone behave responsibly. So much for Zero Tolerance to drink driving!

I couldn't get that messed up regardless of what I smoked or how much.

But if I was pulled over and my saliva showed the bearest detectable trace of pot, even if I couldn't...you know the rest!

Odd - I can smoke and enjoy playing level after level of Doom 3D - but so much as a couple of beers, my reflexes are so slowed and my judgement that addled I'm "killed" off in seconds and give up playing. Know-what-I-mean, like?

Cheers for the poll bigred82 - and I am not purposely trying to demean you or anything, but did you misspell "decriminalise" in the title of this topic intentionally?

It is just funny the way you spelt it "De Crim, Anal-ize" because that pretty much is what the law does. It takes decent law-abiding people who like a smoke occasionally - it may be their only vice - "MAKE" them a criminal, put them in prison, with hardcore psychos and end with very sore bottoms and screwed up, bitter personalities indeed. They have no interest in preventing the "crime", studying how it happened, helping the family that's lost the breadwinner or rehabilitating the perpetrator when they get out.

Like Chucky-D said "This what I mean, By the Anti-Nigger Machine!" - yep, an apparatus to MAKE criminals, not PREVENT them.

PEACE!