The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heretic

Prohibition - an exercise in futility

I have recently been advised by a US ethno vendor that that the DEA has raided the business premisis and home of one of their competitors . As such MHRB and other similar products have been withdrawn from sale by all of the American vendors ,and are no longer available from anywhere . It would appear that the US govt is not really interested in combating the scourge of illicit drugs , because such actions against legitimate trade can only serve to benefit criminal enterprise . I believe that apart from decriminalisation , ethnobotanicals are the best way to reduce the harm caused by illicit drugs - but the authorities obviously fail to realise this . For example , as a parent , I would prefer my kid to chew Catha leaves than inject speed , or drink a poppy tea than shoot smack , cacti to PMA , etc , etc , .If they [ authorities ] believe they can enforce abstinence or prohibition , they must be living in a dream world ; because prohibition [ and greed ] is what creates crime , Surely it is time that governments begin to tackle the drug problem ethically , and consider harm minimization instead of the futile enforcement of immoral laws ? . [ furthermore , the supply of such herbal materials generates some income for impoverished people in third world countries ]

I think it's pretty obvious that most of their actions are not for the benefit of the general public. They're not incompetent fools, they're perpetuators of an age-old ruse to get the common man to do your dirty work, and the tools of the trade these days are misinformation and wholesale distraction. Freedom isn't free, and that's why we've lost it in the first place (we implicitly assume it is each new generation removed from those that understood first-hand the taste of hot lead and cold blood). Our comrades would rather sit on the couch and watch TV than keep our freedom intact. They think that ticking a box once every 3 years is doing their part. There's really two options for us unhappy with the status quo, either we wait until our collective yoke is too much to bear (wait for revolution), or start now getting people to wake up, think critically, communicate effectively and thus understand what's going on. I'm going for the latter (it's easier said than done). :)

Yes CBL , you are right on the mark . I have read that the US exert diplomatic pressure on other nations to tow the line in respect to their own domestic policies . One has to admire courageous counties like the Netherlands , Spain , and tiny Portugal that are decriminalising [ but I believe the Dutch are having a change of heart lately ]

we need to riot like the greeks when we protest, those fuckers know how to go off