The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

Kia ora ! blowng in a new land...

Glad to see ya back online mate

And good to see ya getting ya new collection going I am taking good care of all your babies here :)

They are looking great having a few little mite issues at the moment but I think I got that covered now

I was beginning to thnk we'd never hear from ya again mate good to have ya back with us :)

• Like 1

Good to see you have found your home Blowng it looks great.

I see the first photo of a cacti you post is one that is very hard to get here. I would like to say nice looking plant but I really wanted to say :bootyshake: bloody Kiwi's :P

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

Sorry twitchy finger :blush:

Edited by GoOnThen

Welcome home bro! The winds probably just happy to see you. :)

That is some DENSE coastal bush! Waitakeres?

That Taquimbalensis is badass. I need to stop in at CC and see what new goodies are for sale at the moment.

Wow my 100th Post! Suppose now I should do a giveaway sometime soon.

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 3

Cheers guys ,i hope to be online a bit more ,i just need a power source first ,off the electrical grid ya see... i just got myself a modem stick so its a start.

That Taquimbalensis is badass. I need to stop in at CC and see what new goodies are for sale at the moment.

Hey nemesis yeah siick cactus , i just spent up big at CC but there were no crests or taquimbalensis left , oh and if youre doin a give away im keen as bro lol

Wow, awesome to have you back here, and a pleasant surprise that it's because you're back in kiwiland

If you're approximately 2/3 up the North Island.. then I can sort you out with plants. :)

• Like 1

Wow, awesome to have you back here, and a pleasant surprise that it's because you're back in kiwiland

If you're approximately 2/3 up the North Island.. then I can sort you out with plants. :)

hey cheers CBL , Aeoteroa is like visiting an old friend ,i love the bush here and the birds, so foriegn to me but familiar at the same time , dont know many names of the native flora yet. Look forward to trading in the not too distant future. ive so much to do , but building a greenhouse is a priority this summer. I like your old name better bluntmuffin lol

I bet you have some quality Tuis where you are - they love flax nectar, and they'll be going nuts round your area :P

And definitely, there's a few plants that I can give you as well, as things like Pereskiopsis and Salvia [disclaimer: legal in NZ] are easy to propagate. And unfortunately that old name will stay the old name - lol :/

Hey Blowng,

Its only fitting for the wind to be blowing a gale to honour your arrival.

Welcome back, did you miss the rain?

I too, come offering glasshouse-warming gifts, what sort of plants are you looking to get your hands on?

• Like 2

I bet you have some quality Tuis where you are - they love flax nectar, and they'll be going nuts round your area :P

And definitely, there's a few plants that I can give you as well, as things like Pereskiopsis and Salvia [disclaimer: legal in NZ] are easy to propagate

Tuis are my favorite what a crazy sound they make and flax is my new favorite all round useful plant , ive been planting it as windbreaks in wind prone spots... I would love some pereskiopsis mate ooh and salvia i will pm you soon..

Hey Blowng,

Its only fitting for the wind to be blowing a gale to honour your arrival.

Welcome back, did you miss the rain?

I too, come offering glasshouse-warming gifts, what sort of plants are you looking to get your hands on?

Hey Bogfrog , those nikau palms are permantly bent from the southerlies . Its a south east facing slope on the east coast and is going to be a challenge getting out of the wind . Clay is all new to me aswell i used to have to add clay back in aussie here i need sand!

I thought i missed the rain but jeez its been wet as ,ive been here for a month so far.

I hope you kiwis have Catha edulis here? but other than that ill grow anything and everything im gonna go nuts!

Lol wow it sounds like u got yourself some rugged as territory!

Have got anywhere high & dry enough to build a cacti garden?

Those nikau are insane! They are likely to be veery old since they cop so much wind all the time.

I have recently recognised the wonders of flax too, i used to think it was ugly but since developing an appreciation for cacti i have begun to see the beauty in all plants.

No catha in my garden sorry:-(

But plenty of cacti, succulents and herbs.

Just give us a heads up when you're ready for some new babies :-)

• Like 1

oh shit i just read Catha edulis is illegal in NZ this cant be! bummer

Yeah i think it came into view of the public eye a few years ago when apparently lots of naughty people were stealing catha plants from other people's gardens in christchurch.

scop

136.jpg

candicans

134.jpg

$2 pach pups

133.jpg

cuzco

121.jpg

chilensis

126.jpg

Thanks for those members who have kindly donated freebies to help me get started again...cant wait to get trading with all the NZ members :wink:

Edited by bℓσωηG
  • Like 4

making a massive vege patch , tryin the no dig method might take a while to build up enough layers ,spent alot of money on petrol going to and from the beach getting this funky seaweed but at least thats free, photo is of a quarter of the planned garden bed lol...

post-4908-0-15180300-1351066828_thumb.jp

big worms around these parts , havent chopped one yet knock on wood...

post-4908-0-41953700-1351067146_thumb.jp

have got a few things flowering life is good ,getting better!

post-4908-0-14153100-1351067177_thumb.jp

saab1.JPG

saab2.JPG

saab3.JPG

saab1.JPG

saab2.JPG

saab3.JPG

• Like 2

Excellent work.. Quarter of the bed you say?

Geez u should be able to grow enough kai to start a wee vege stall!

I know hippies who swear by the no dig garden method, i hope it works well for you.

Pitchforks are my gardening tool of choice, less likely to harm the wee wormys.

Thanks for the tip Solomon , Martin from CC had this one stashed out the back had to ask for it , Trichocereus sp. (looks like a tersheckii?)

phtbkt2.jpg

Been making use of the rocks that abound in my vicinity and doing a bit of landscaping...

phtbkt3.jpg

Sulcorebutia rauschii flower aw soo cute!

phtbkt.jpg

• Like 1

been busy applying fertilizer to some newly planted fruit trees :P

IMG_2422_zpscdc4acfe.jpg

IMG_2421_zps3002a013.jpg

• Like 2

Very rustic lol.

Is that a feijoa in the first pic?

Heh, I couldn't pick any of the Kiwis from reading these posts - your accents hardly show!

:wink:

• Like 2

Very rustic lol.

Is that a feijoa in the first pic?

lol yeah its a feijoa bogfrog, and the other one is an young olive tree. I have since put rocks on top of the fish frames to stop the feral pigs or cats taking them away , nothings wasted round these parts.

I just ordered 5 different varieties of Feijoa from an online nursery , they have heaps of cool fruit trees and natives , i also ordered a Norfolk pine , i have always wanted one and thought i might as well buy myself some chrissie prezzies :)

here's the link to the online nursery if anyone wants a look.

http://www.dandyplants.co.nz/

Edited by bℓσωηG

Looking good!

Can't remember if I told you about http://kerikeriplantproduction.co.nz/

they have feijoa's for 95c/plant. the couple I got were both about 30cm high but it depends on what time of the year you order. They have heaps of natives in the same price range as well.... Pukatea are very cheap, also Coffee sometimes, Dragon Trees etc

Looking good!

Can't remember if I told you about http://kerikeriplantproduction.co.nz/

they have feijoa's for 95c/plant. the couple I got were both about 30cm high but it depends on what time of the year you order. They have heaps of natives in the same price range as well.... Pukatea are very cheap, also Coffee sometimes, Dragon Trees etc

Hey cheers Solomon , they are priced nicely at that place.. 95c Feijoas? now you tell me :) there's Sequoia in their list ,cool , i will brush up on my latin names to see what else they have ,definitely keen on a Dragon tree !