The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigred

I watched underbelly badness now im 50% cooler

Im sick to death of all these idiots who watch uderbelly and now think they are hardcore. I hate to break the news but the only reason they made a show about Anthony parish is that he is in jail

i haven't watched the show, but i did have a discussion w/a guy who thought it was wrong to glorify gangsters in such a way.

my response was that many ov societies gangsters have been turned into folktale heroes; think Ned Kelly & the bushrangers, Robin Hood, Dick Turpin, Billy the Kid, Bonnie & Clyde, Black Beard, Henry Morgan etc.

Fuelling the fire of all the young inspired wanna be drug dealers. Though I enjoy watching all those types of shows, mainly documentaries, but im still interested by all the true crime stories. Especially of that going on in our back yard. Its easily setting a negative impression to the life and the pay off all of these crims portrait. But ya cant blame the program, they still show all the violence and stress which these blokes receive. However its up to the viewers on how they interpret it all, could convince some to give up on that life which can only lead to jail or death, itll go both ways. But on the flipside, the money B) Its a good watch non the less, each to their own my brother

i read this thread about you watching a show and feel a full 22.3% cooler.

i can only image what watching the actual show must feel like, let alone acting in it. those guys cool must be off the charts!

feelsgood.jpg

^^

me.

my popinlaw reckons it's the lamest installment yet...even tha boobs were poorly shot. he said something funny tho, he goes"Imagine if squizzy taylor was catapulted into c.william's time, he cut em up faster than a pov kid in india making football's for the afl's ozkick.

I watched a few minutes then turned it off. Didn't do much for me.

That aussie bikie show a while back was shit too.

And I usually quite like this sort of crime drama (The Wire, anyone? Now THAT is some great tv.)

I thought the first underbelly was pretty good, mainly because I didn't really know anything about aussie crime history etc, only heard bits and pieces. Plus the legal problems of the characters in the media as it was being released and the whole "Oooh, we can't show this in Vic yet" etc. It does kind of build intrigue, and it made me want to understand more about it. Very clever marketing.

But haven't finished any of the series past the first one.

For me it all started with monkey magic and then the A team and Romper stomper and then raging bull, I've been hardcore ever since....

i liked the first one because its about a drop kick who pulled of some big cooks and dodgy murders and somehow made it big for a couple

of years then spent the rest of his life in a small cage just to be beaten death by some psycho storm trooper.

who said karma does not work

Im sick to death of all these idiots who watch uderbelly and now think they are hardcore. I hate to break the news but the only reason they made a show about Anthony parish is that he is in jail

The only reason i know about Antony parish is because he had a property next to mine. Until a helicopter landed in his paddock and a swat team raided it that was LOL.

It was the least discrete meth lab i ever saw. In a small rural area he had concrete stand up pannels about 12 foot high for a front fence. With a laneway between that and a jail style electric fence. Of course with savage dogs inbetween the two fences.

So i dont know if that was in the series, but from other series i have seen they aint true to the real story very much