The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Gollum

What a joke

You gotta be kidding :huh:

http://www.ebay.com....5#ht_500wt_1413

And he is going to send it bare rooted!! I'd say it will more than likely be absolutely rooted by the time you get it. $10 bucks... come on man.

Edited by Gollum
  • Like 2

i don't know, $10 + $7 shipping sounds reasonable to me for one 6 month old seedling,

besides, there's no handling fees, that's a bonus :wave-finger:

^^LOL^^

I can't believe people buy these shit deals. It is so much more rewarding growing your own from seed, & a shit load cheaper!!

• Like 2

Haha I saw that last night and didn't think it was to bad of a deal

however I didn't read the description I thought it was for wat was pictured still probly slightly highly priced

but for one seedling hahahaha wat the fuck man that is an absolute joke

He has another large one with heaps of buttons for 200 I think it was but it looks to be in pretty poor health if you ask me

i don't know, $10 + $7 shipping sounds reasonable to me for one 6 month old seedling,

Haha that's a total of $17

I can sell you a pack of 100 seeds for $25

Im Sure you'd get a whole lot more than one seedling out of that for an extra $7 hahaha

• Like 1

When I look at that, 4 x 10cms rooted peres =$65.

I'm very happy to be a member here. It really shows just how generous some members are here :)

• Like 1

I always wonder if these people on eBay are a part of these forums and are just trying to make some extra cash off those who don't know about places like this they can make the money fom randoms trying to find cacti on eBay

I mean if you didn't know what kinda prices things go for around here

And you found these on eBay you'd probly think it was a great deal

LOL for a 6 month old seedling. Hellz yeah i am going to plant 1,000 loph seeds and in 6 months i will have a stock value of $10,000. FTW. Combine that with my tricho hybrids i have planted, by his pricing scales i actually have arond 60,000$ in stock. LOLOLOL. Don't tell the insurance company though.

You know what is even more of a joke on ebay. The people selling supplements such as PEA, Hordenine and so forth. I can sell for half of many of the sellers price while still making 250% profit on some things. It isn't my fault that people are stupid. Supply and demand baby and the demand is coming from the uneducated which is even better!

I always wonder if these people on eBay are a part of these forums and are just trying to make some extra cash off those who don't know about places like this they can make the money fom randoms trying to find cacti on eBay

I mean if you didn't know what kinda prices things go for around here

And you found these on eBay you'd probly think it was a great deal

Bingo, i wouldn't be surprised at all. Just to be able to find a peyote plant on ebay for $10 for some kid who has just found out about entheogens would be a score and a half. If people are prepared to pay the money than good for the seller IMO. Look at how much Loph texana seeds go for on there its crazy, but we can't all be nice and so generous all the time as we still need to look out for ourselves.

Then of course there is the people who were selling synthetic cannabis. Making like 1,000% profit. Yet because the people are so naive they are content to pay the prices.

WHAT A JOKE! I had a member here on this site exchange pvt messages with me then he offered to send me a cutting and a couple seedlings out of his collection. He lives in the same part of the world, generally, as me. So i gave him my name and address info and waited patiently. its now been over 6 weeks and i have received nothing and he no longer replies to email messages...... WHAT A JOKE! Thats really sketchy if you ask me.

hi paisano, contact the mods about your situation (evil genius or torsten, both stand up guys), it's frowned upon quite heavily people who don't follow through with trades/sales. if you discuss your situation with the mods they would be happy to help out, i'm sure. this place thrives on reputation and trust, it's a pity to see that trust broken at any time, but it does happen. good luck with resolving your issue.

Edited by qualia
  • Like 2

Hi Paisano, did you pay something for the seedlings/cuttings or is this something you should be getting entirely for free? If you didnt pay anything, did you at least cover the shipping costs? I think six weeks is still an acceptable time frame for something that you get for free. What i dont like is when people ignore messages so this part of your anger i do understand. If you paid something for them, i think its right that you are mad and i would be pissed too if someone ignores me. If we´re talking about a freebie that someone offered you, i think its a little bit too early to vent like this before knowing anything more about the current situation of the sender. Maybe he´s got issues that kept him from shipping out the seedlings. Or maybe he was too broke to pay the shipping costs or something like this. Or maybe the package got lost during transit. No matter what, i think you may have acted a little bit prematurely here in case we´re talking about a freebie. We sometimes have people that send out their trades very delayed and as long as i dont see any ill will or rip-offs here, i am fine with that. You know, it certainly is not the proper way to go about things but if its something that the person promised you to send without taking money or plants for it, you are legally not entitled to anything. You know, i agree its bad style but a gift is still a gift and cant be demanded. I was in a similar situation recently (not here, in germany) and i decided not to deal with the person again and that was it. I dont think that you´ve got anything to gain by making something like this public as your coming across a bit awkwardly after such a short amount of time. But like i said, what i really dont like is the part with ignoring messages. So you can tell me more about this in a pm if you want as im getting curious about the background of this situation. But without knowing im already pretty sure that reason has nothing to do with ill will. The person in question can message me too if he wants to tell me his side of the story. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Im not demanding anything evil genious. Evil Genious i think your mischaracterizing most of what i said. Of course i feel slighted, he offered me somthing and i was ecstatic about it then after 6 weeks no contact whatsoever...... i stand by my comments that this is sketchy and a " What a Joke!" Its a freebie that he offered me so i sent him my real name and address along with a lot of thanks. I thought it was pretty righteous actually. I didnt think about it until it was so long that i had allmost forgotton it. so i send a message asking what happenend and no answer..... i can see his last log in dates on his profile so i see that hes been loggin in.... I have no ill will and am not angry but feel that it is rather sketchy and a bit of an invasion of privacy as i dished out my personal info to him. I mean who is this guy??? Thats the way i feel now. Hes probably a good guy and im not going to name him publicly but hes obviously rather inconsiderate. There is no situation.... i didnt pay anything but i did give out my personal info and that alone should be respected.

^ as in "real life" one must be careful about who one provides personal details to....

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 2

a bit of an invasion of privacy as i dished out my personal info to him. I mean who is this guy??? Thats the way i feel now. Hes probably a good guy and im not going to name him publicly but hes obviously rather inconsiderate. There is no situation.... i didnt pay anything but i did give out my personal info and that alone should be respected.

it would have been nice if he replied to you but its not really an invasion of privacy if you gave him your address.

would receiving or not receiving something change your privacy?

unless you were groomed into giving out your info by the promise of goodies and he then he somehow used that info against your wishes... I just think your disappointed. I would be too.

the person probably isn't replying to you because he/she is a little embarrassed (maybe)

please don't think of this as an attack on you - I just don't really see anything wrong except being slack and maybe rude?

The other person isn't me is it??? ;)

!! but that reminds me!

Edited by watertrade
  • Like 2

I just don't really see anything wrong except being slack and maybe rude?

I would add disrespectful as well. Me I would never slack in such a manor so yea ima say again WHAT A SKETCHY JOKE! I disagree that theres nothing wrong with this behavior very strongly however.

unless you were groomed into giving out your info by the promise of goodies and he then he somehow used that info against your wishes.

Who knows what the reasons behind making me a freebie offer then never following though with no explanation is (identity theft maybe?)...... i think this if very wrong especially the no explanation part......thats what bothers me. I have plenny plants and dont really need anymore so the dissapointment of not getting a cutting and seedlings pales in comparison to being disregarded and disrespected by not communicating what the heck happened. Thats what makes me think he is fishing for name and address info. Maybe im paranoid but that doesnt make me wrong. Remember i never asked for or hinted that i wanted anything....it was completely offered to me after a few email exchanges about weather conditions in our part of the world.

• Like 1

Ok ive taken this private with a moderator..... i dont want to disparage anyone further. I would'nt have handled this freebie offer like the other party and prefer to deal only with other considerate folks. how hard is it to send a message ? anyway i dont harbor any ill will or anger towards anyone....everyone has their reasons i understand this. I personally would have sent an update message on the package within a couple weeks however. This is the digital age after all. Theres no reason to leave someone hanging for 6 weeks. So if you operate like a slacker please dont trade with me or sell to me. I dont appreciate this style. ok nuff said publicly about this subject on my part. Thanks for you input everyone who posted about this. I am new to this community and honestly im learning how to go about things so i apologize for making this a public thing in the first. i know now that i can seek mediation from a moderator in this sort of situation..... ok thanks and hope everything is hashed out with everyone especially the other party. please dont be offended. ok thanks.

• Like 1