The Corroboree
Sallubrious

Should this be grafted

I've got this little diffusa that has not grown like the rest and seems to be almost achlorophyllous, it does have some pigment but not really what you'd call green. It's like a translucent tan/yellow colour.

I'm wondering if it will be able to survive on its own roots or should it be grafted.

It also appears to be dichotomous as well so I'd like to give it a good chance of survival.

• Like 1

I'd graft it but it looks like it may have already gone too far on its own roots, I'd have a go but for sure.

So in saying that do you mean it would have a low probability of success as a scion ?

I have a piece of Peres that has no leaves but has a new shoot starting so I'm certain it's alive, do you think that would be suitable stock?

Sharpen your razor, clean your glasses and get comfortable. I love those little babies!

Yeah I recon it might not make it on its own. From the pic it looks a little soft. I have noticed albino trichs hold up for a while but if you don't graft them they kind of deflate and go mushy. Not saying this is definitely going to happen to this one but maybe. Naja taught me a cool trick, you can graft the top and the bottom of the scion just graft the bottom upside down and it will pup from a spine point. Gives you two chances with rare and unusual scions.

• Like 2

Cheers thanks for the tips.

The Peres looks pretty ordinary but it is showing signs that it has rising sap again after being dormant through winter.

I'll graft it and see how it goes.

At what size do you guys recommend grafting loph and tricho seedling ? I have tried an assortment of sizes with varying success that seems dependant on whether i had a billy beforehand (always graft better after a toke).

• Like 2

Its really up to the scion I find. I can do the same thing 10 times but maybe 4 will fail. Or all will take. When ever I start thinking I am a grafting ninja I fuck up like 5 up in a row.

I didn't get a chance to graft this today and it has grown a bit more.

Now it appears to be trichotomous (if that's even a real word) I'd google it but this fucking wireless fraudband adaptor is almost fucking useless tonight.

I'm getting two second ping times and regular drop outs with this vodafone piece of shit connection.

I'll try to get some pics up.

Oh yeah and that mushy look is because they've been misted just before the pics were taken.

Now it appears to be trichotomous (if that's even a real word) I'd google it but this fucking wireless fraudband adaptor is almost fucking useless tonight.

I'm getting two second ping times and regular drop outs with this vodafone piece of shit connection.

hehe best description i have heard of them in a while. So happy to finally have wired internet :) 200gb at that coz i am a greedy bastard.