The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Micromegas

Looking for khat

Hey folks, I'm really keen to find some Khat plants, the bigger the better to go directly into the ground. Let me know if you can help. Can pick up from in SA if anyone has any in pots that need space. Can trade cactus cuttings or acuminata/floribunda seedlings (and some other stuff) with SA members or pay $s interstate or in SA, unfortunately not much small stuff to trade through. Any help appreciated. Cheers, Micro

shame your not in w.a. , the local pirates are forcing people to destroy established trees because of all the bother/trespassing they cause.

Yes that is an absolute shame thistime and I would love to save some of those trees even from cuttings. This plant was a popular horticultural plant through the first half of the 20th century with good reason and it is a real shame it has become pigeon-holed, become the subject of theft and legislation because of its ethnobotanical qualities. I actually have no real interest in using Khat as a stimulant or in any other way other than as a garden plant. I want this plant because my conditions are ideal and I think it is a most beautiful plant than can grow into a small tree for shelter/shade, i have no intention of pruning at all. It is a great horticultural plant with an interesting folk and ethnobotanical history and I would appreciate any help in sourcing some plants.

• Like 1

I can help you out with a small red cutting if you are keen. only around 150mm tall but well settled and ready to grow.

First time on coroboree! Hi to you all from Buzybee, Love all your plants, I'm also looking for Khat, cutting or seed. Only have a new garden so don't have much n the way of trade but willing to generously reimburse if anyone can spare? Saw the above advice for previous inquirer but not sure if you would appreciate a newbie being bold. Happy gardening everyone.

First time on coroboree! Hi to you all from Buzybee, Love all your plants, I'm also looking for Khat, cutting or seed. Only have a new garden so don't have much n the way of trade but willing to generously reimburse if anyone can spare? Saw the above advice for previous inquirer but not sure if you would appreciate a newbie being bold. Happy gardening everyone.

Hi Buzybee. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks feeling very fish out of water but amazed at the gardening skill of you all. Hopeing to learn much.

I can tell u now buzybee.. U will learn alot from this forum!