The Corroboree

Buying kanna extract from eBay (overseas)

Hi guys - I just came across this chap selling kanna extract on eBay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BUY-2-GET-1-FREE-30g-KANNA-extract-10x-SCELETIUM-TORTUOSUM-TOP-Quality-/140671013541?pt=UK_Metaphysical_New_Age&hash=item20c0a552a5#ht_1406wt_748

Do you reckon buying would get me in trouble with customs. As far as I know is not illegal or anything... But we are not really aloud to import fermented stuff. Are we?

Anyways does anybody have a word of advice or a story to share.

Cheers,

Edited by Blas

Customs not so sure about but quarantine won't let it through if they find it. Been there, done that. The sprays *might* make it through... ymmv. The biggest problem is trying to obtain reports explaining the preparation/treatment procedures that will satisfy quarantine and the ones provided by the vendors I dealt with were not sufficient for those purposes. You could apply for an importer permit but it could easily be $200~ down the drain and unwanted legal hassles if when kanna comes under legal scrutiny.

Note that in the listing you linked to that there is a disclaimer saying that the product has been substitued with fermented powder.

It's probably easier to try and grow it here imo.

or grow it. I got some little cuttings of PH and they rooted and are growing strong. Depends how green your thumbs I guess.

• Like 1

there is an Aussie herb supplier with kanna powder, fermented

not that expensive

i will find it if thats any good too you

• Like 1

It is really simple to grow, and a really nice plant. I'm sure if you put a shout in the seed & plant exchange someone will trade you a cutting, and its fast growing. diy!

• Like 1

Hey guys thanks for the help again. Yeah buying from eBay UK it is probably a bit too extreme ...(silly me). I just did't know how to go about it.

Pete34 thanks so for the offer I really appreciate that. A member already contacted me about it offering some which it I think that was a very nice gesture.

I am also going to post in the plant exchange section :) for the future.

Thumbs are pretty green

Peace :)

I know it's not the same price but if you want to save yourself the hassle of importing some you can buy some from Daz at Herbalistics http://herbalistics....products_id=238

Wow - First time I browse this site - I is really loaded with interesting stuff. I feel like i just found a golden nugget :worship: