The Corroboree
mutant

Lost my huge Turbina

I didn't worry too much even when most [all?] leaves died, which was not very normal

my turbina did not wake up from the hibernation!

here's a pic to remember. the dry branches still offer some shade though!!

P1000683.jpg

now, whyit happened...

lots of theories I have thought up,or a combo of them

fact one... was not watering much the last period. there is indeed water [in form of wells, or something] under my area and most plants, f.e. example a brugmansia is pretty happy with no watering at all!

fact two there was some construction for this wetty and watery underground. the water might have become less.

could it die from dehydration in winter?

I am inclined to believe it was lack of water, as this was a pretty strong plant and hadtaken over the roof. we gonna make lots of firewood from this one, but they will probably burn too fast

might also carve up a pipe to send to that dude in Norway :wink:

Sorry for your loss, Mutant :( it's strange, Rivea are very hardy but it is true that they love water.

The leaves are somewhat active by the way, a pleasant smoke. Did she ever flowered ?

^^^^^^^

!!!!!!

thats the first time I hear this...

she tried to flower twice,but both times she started budding in warmer periods of beginning of winter [false alarms?] and consequently, with the colds, she dropped all buds. The second year she managed to half-open a couple of flowers , then having them succumb to cold and drop.it seems she likes to flower in winter ~ early spring, but the temps didnt help her.

PH, she was only 4~ 4,5 y.o. years old from seem. they die so young? with no progeny left?

in anycase, I am only sad about the loss of the great shade on myroof for the hotsummer, as the plant indeed seems hardy, one can make one gowild easily. I am puzzled, but not overly sad about this.

I thought argyreia was less hardy than turbina, but now I am not so sure.

thanks for comments

It was truly a beautiful plant. I wonder, how cold was it in winter, if the flowers couldn't form then perhaps it was too cold for your baby?

my caapi died not too long ago............. heart breaking story....... i feel you man...........

I think that Rivea flowers in December usualy (in northern hemisphere).

Well, time to start another vine ! Passiflora edulis would grow quickly in Greece and should reward you with delicious fruits and sedative leaves...

Already put a new argyreia. also, a self-fertile actinidia.

I have also started a "turbina bonzai" project... !

Iplant tostart working with passiflora too, yeah...

winter here dont go under 0 C much,and if they doits a rare -2or -5 for a single or couple days, couple hours near dawn, not the whole dayofcourse..

but frost has prooved to kill plants in a slightly higher elevation...still theseplants are almost at sea level and quite protected...wewillsee how my new argyriea goestoo