The Corroboree
myco

a sign from the gods

and ours have a darker cap and also grow bigger that the easties do

Despite the fact that your caps may be darker in colour,

the texture of the stem just looks wrong to me. young sub stems in my experience are usually vivid white and look fibrous not flakey.

post-2028-0-92357500-1336720767_thumb.jp

It seems to have flakes on it, as are found on galerina stems. (not overly familiar with stropharia aurantiaca)

I'm curious to see other pics of the mushroom.

Cheers, Obtuse.

post-2028-0-92357500-1336720767_thumb.jpg

post-2028-0-92357500-1336720767_thumb.jpg

The Victorian subs are extremely diverse. I’ve found large patches that have light coloured caps and are all 2 cm or less. I’ve also found patches that are dark and have caps that average 8 cm.

It was the rough texture of the stem in the first picture that made me question whether it actually was a sub.

Edited by jabez

It's not the darkness of it that makes me question its 'subness', but the hue. I agree with obtuse about the stem. Not so much for the texture, but agree that they are usually vivid white. I have seen plenty with a slight orange/brown colour in the stem when on a natural substrate (particularly if on clay soil), but it's always a fairly uniform spread of colour, and stronger towards the base. The colour in this stem looks more inherent in the actual fibres of the stem, which is a characteristic of stropharia. Subs can also have this streakiness evident when young, but in subs, IME, it is always a pale grey.

not in WA. Alot of subs over here have browinsh hollow stems which easties dont.

im still going with sub

i thought the "flakes" on the stipe was just moisture???

go bruise the stipe Myco

ive seen imposter pins identical to this within the last 2 days, but I'm in NSW... ive also seen subs in a different microclimate look identical to your pic myco... for arguments sake can we just sacrifice this young beauty and get some sort of confirmation into this argument??

d00d

Hey guys had no power all day unfortunately this one will have to remain a mystery

I checked on it today and its gone :(

Not even a stump

I tried to find even the butt of it to look for some blueing

but it's either completely gone or I just couldn't find it :(

Wat a pointless thread this was haha

I should have just picked the fucken thing from the start

Was the jar gone too? :lol:

haha no ballzac i took the jar off it after the first night then dumbass me never put it on there last night

so its my fault i should've just left the jar on it

I reckon it was a sub too.... but we will never know!