The Corroboree

Question

HI guys,

what do you think - these are not mine someone sent me the pic.

cheers

Cactus-IMGP3069.jpg

10 answers to this question

jade plant, Monstera, geranium, spider plant, hoya , bromeliad, a palm, and as for the 4 cacti in the front row, sorry, have no idea :P

:)

• Like 3

#1 and #4 isStenocereus marginatus syn. Marginatocereus marginatus.

#2 is a monstrose Cereus sp, perhaps C. hildmannianus

#3 looks like another Cereus sp. but a bit hard to tell from the pic.

Edited by tonic
  • Like 2

Pachycereus marginatus

Cereus sp. monstrose

Euphorbia resinifera (will seep white sap)

Pachycereus marginatus

Different names, same plant I suspect.

Amazonian did good, very funny, though I'm struggling with the Hoya did you mean the red flowered thing in the square pot? I didn't know there were any with pretty flowers like that

Got, I think you're spot on with that Euphorbia resinifera. Your eyes must be better than mine. I can see a Gasteria sp. behind that one too.

EDIT: Yeah Pachycereus marginatus is another synonym. Same plant though. Square spot, red flowers is the Pelargonium aka Geranium. I can't spot the Hoya. I thought they had pretty interesting flowers from memory?

Just be to be a wise guy looks like a Doryanthes excelsa in a pot at the back, but could be an Agave sp. I suppose...

Edited by tonic

Amazonian did good, though I'm struggling with the Hoya did you mean the red flowered thing in the square pot? I didn't know there were any with pretty flowers like that

It just looks a little like a variegated Hoya in the back top right (going by the leaf, not a flower), but could be a type of philodendron, it could be anything?. watertrade may have the correct answer.

post-7430-0-48815200-1336199156_thumb.jp

hoya.jpg

hoya.jpg

It just looks a little like a variegated Hoya in the back top right (going by the leaf, not a flower), but could be a type of philodendron, it could be anything?. watertrade may have the correct answer.

post-7430-0-48815200-1336199156_thumb.jp

Nah it's definitely an aroid of some sort, that leaf is on it's way out that's why it's so yellow. There is something vaguely Hoya like in or around that square pot, under that geranium (I didn't see that til you said Tonic) and I also think you're right with the Doryanthes excelsa, I thought it might be a Crinum but I think that's wrong.

To the left of that leaf that is 'on its way out' whitewind. That's where i see Hoya?! (sheesh, i added a picture with an arrow and all,lol) Are we looking at the same plant i wonder ?

I can see the Hoya now, it's in front of the Pelargonium. Maybe in the same pot?

Yeah mate, the leaf apex is too acute for a Crinum :wink: