The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Bread Filter

Fresh Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Pods

I bought some fresh Butch T pods from the Easter show on the weekend that I thought I'd show you guys.

photo3cs.jpg

Each pod should have 30-40 seeds so next season I'll be putting down at least 100 Butch T seeds. If anyone wants to buy some you could try contacting the chilli factory as they have lots.

your game not to wear a glove... the amount of times i have wiped my eyes after handling chilles :P

those bad boys do look pretty firey aswell, good luck eating them

dio

Aren't they the new hottest chilli? Over the B. Jolokai I mean,

Lol @ dionysus, don't go to the toilet!!!

Aye, they are. That said, It all depends on growing conditions :)

Once you're at that heat level anyway, the little bit extra isn't really noticable after your face goes numb :P

Hahaha at0m, you just made my day :) I love watching the taste test's on utube :)

That's the one. 1,463,700 Scoville heat units and the new world record holder. Grown in NSW as well.

The seeds go for $8 for 10 seeds from Neil at www.thehippyseedcompany.com/ I paid $10 a pod so got a real bargain. Plus I get to eat the chillies

Edited by Bread Filter

I thought it was through THSC :)

thanks for the link, i shall hunt for the butt burner now

I thought the moruga (spelling?) scorpion was the new belt holder of the hottest chilli?

Either way, you're gonna have one sore asshole lol been wanting to grow some of the scorpion varieties for a while now, don't know if I'd eat them straight though

Via Wikipedia:

The Trinidad Moruga Scorpion (Capsicum Chinense), endemic to the district of Moruga inTrinidad and Tobago, is currently the world's hottest Chili pepper. The New Mexico State University's Chili Pepper Institute has identified the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion as the newest hottest chili pepper in the world as of February 2012.[1][2] According to the New Mexico State University Chili Institute, the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion ranks as high as 2,009,231 SHU on the Scoville scale, making it the hottest chili pepper in the world to date.[3]
  • Like 1

I thought the moruga (spelling?) scorpion was the new belt holder of the hottest chilli?

Wow I didn't even know about that and I am a major chili freak. Thanks for posting the info. 2 million is some serious heat!

Either way, you're gonna have one sore asshole lol been wanting to grow some of the scorpion varieties for a while now, don't know if I'd eat them straight though

Fark nooo! lol

Ah, shit. It's changed again? Oh boy...

Haha yeah it's hard to keep up, I only found out through one of the chilli FB pages back when the moruga first got announced :) so many chilli pages on FB probably the only reason I go on there lol

But 2mil is crazy, I twinge at habaneros and they're only about 200,000 SHU :wacko:

would love to create the worlds hottest chilli, even if it did only stay the hottest for about 6 months lol

I like cutting out there gut and filling them with a chicken/pork puree and battering them in a sweet batter and then deep frying them! With the tail(stem) I call them Burning Mice

• Like 1

Yay for GM foods :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm a chilli nut myself, but I see no purpose of anything above regular habanero. You know, the kind that were the HOTTEST IN THE UNIVERSE 10 years ago. Human's aren't evolving their chilli-balls that quickly.

And fuck, these thieves know how to charge for seeds ! Those prices are ridonculous.

• Like 1

Seriously, I'm a chilli nut myself, but I see no purpose of anything above regular habanero. You know, the kind that were the HOTTEST IN THE UNIVERSE 10 years ago. Human's aren't evolving their chilli-balls that quickly.

And fuck, these thieves know how to charge for seeds ! Those prices are ridonculous.

Fuck yeah $8 for 10 seeds omg, Loph seed's are cheaper!

Yeah Habs are great and they are still farkin hot,

HOWEVER...

I was introduced to Bhut Jolokias about maybe 2 years ago now..

A mate gave me some seeds to grow and as they were on the pod he urged me to try some of the dried flesh when I could, which I did, that night.

Wow, that single flake blew my head off for about half an hour it was so hot.

i now sprinkle them liberally on every food I cook. I mean everything. So my chilli balls have evolved quite quickly all things considered. (we made a chutney yesterday that gave me instant hiccups and fucked my beers up for the rest of the afternoon and pushed sweat out of his head alomost immediately!)

I now add trinididad scorpions to my home made sauces etc and do a jerky that will give you gut rot in 20 mins. :o

I am always seeking the next hottest thing, however, I still think habs are one of the best ones out there for flavour and reasonably hot to boot. But.. there is a purpose to all things hotter, they give me a huge rush, boost my heart rate, make me feel happy and assist in my overall health and wellbeing. And....like all things you do build a tolerance reasonably quickly.

Your arse burns either way so take it to the limit!

• Like 2

Hab's are the nicest flavor but I love the thought of fucking dying in the ass after you eat 'hotter' spp

Edited by Rumple Foreskin