The Corroboree
tipz

free sex for the disabled

Well it's an interesting question, Psylo, but I'm not sure I have any figures to hand to help me with this decision. I don't know how they budget for disabled access for state transport services, but I imagine there are designated funds which go towards the most appropriate areas to be improved - according to what criteria again, I don't know. Sometimes we have to let the people who have all this info to hand make the decisions. Your complaint is that millions are being spent, but a better suggestion might be to ask where those millions could be better spent - and I would suggest that public transport could be improved in some areas - like FancyPant's. Three buses a day is pretty poor.

As far as elevators / travelators go, I never used elevators before but since I had a child I find them invaluable for getting to different floors - it's the pram, you see. So elevators cater for parents as well as the disabled, and it can be safely said that most places are more likely to see more parents pushing prams than wheelchairs. So the money being spent on your local station could improve the lives of considerably more people than you imagine - the elderly and infirm are others that spring to mind.

And again, back to the prostitutes. I don't blame them for trying to get hold of government funding - why should they be disallowed access to government funds for humanitarian efforts when areas like defense, energy and mining get massive subsidies, tax incentives and handouts? The money they ask for is a drop in the ocean compared to so many other things that we have no control over but aren't necessarily in favour of.

Whitey, I cannot yet find figures on wheelchair bound people in NSW (or any other AUstraian state) but i haave uncovered some expenditure figures.

Thinking of a Sydney station that has had the bare minimum in renovations/upgrades done and I have come up with Regents Park. 10 years ago, they installed a lift, and put roofing over the stairs, thats it. Everything else is the same as its been for 100 yearsI have found a hansard from NSW Parliament from June 2001 and it states that the cost was $2.1million. And this is the big problem. Railcorp/Cityrail have a management culture that loves to spend a lot of money, in order to justify a bigger budget the following financial year. I could go on for hours about the misallocation of funds for pointless projects in the past 12 months alone such as landscaping being torn up and replanted, rails painted that dont need painting, random roof structures that serve no practical purpose, even ramp (yes!) that simply takes you from a high level down to... the base of some stairs !(What?!). No doubt a stock-standard station upgrade would be more $$ now, but let just settle on $2mil as a conservative estimate. is $6 million justified? On the three stations on my line, out of 10 fully accessible remember, is a $6 million spend justified on a length of line that can be travelled in about 20 minutes for a couple of dozen wheelies?

While senior management public servants embezzle funds into overvalued projects so their Resume looks good (I signed off on a $2m project sounds better than $100k project, see) then it's in no way justified to spend this money for access, when friendly stations are mere minutes away. Value the projects realistically, and then it might be viable. Or, install a $50k stair climing platform. Job done.

Back "in the old days" almost no stations had convenient access apart from the central hubs such as city stations & the Strathfield interchange (with the exception of course of low-lying placements where its naturally flat access without mods). The elderly, and those with kids got by just fine using stairs. I think it's more a case of people getting lazier.

the cost of prosthetic limbs and wheelchairs etc are already overwhelming enough without even considering the cost of mass infrastructure renewal , this is why im totally against government funded prostituion grants..the money could be used in a million better ways,most disability support services are already quite under budget as is care for the elderly...the money could be used in much more noble ways i feel then in sexual relief....i for one if i had no legs would be lot more appreciative to the government granted funding being allocated so that i could perhaps acquire prosthetic limbs to perhaps be able to walk again and lead as ordinary life as possible,then perhaps i maybe able to have a fuller more satisifying life and perhaps even live a wholesome life of finding a loving compatible partner to share ones life with instead of those fortnightly brothel visits for sex therapy!

The production of prosthetic limbs can actually be very cheap, but again with gross overspending and greed taken into account, you might be forgiven for thinking otherwise. In a project some years ago in Afghanistan (pre-US Invasion), thousands of limbs were produced for the country's landmine victims, which in that year was approx 2000 non-fatal casualties. The cost for a single leg was no more than $80.00. That's right, EIGHTY DOLLARS.

So Applesnail, let's sort these lot out ! How about we "leg 'em up" Afghani style and buy the all the disabled guys a rubber love-taco, a Big-John Hitachi for the lassies, $200 budget per person then their lives are sorted. Too easy !

But if that plan fails, let the record state that for $500 a day, I would happily masturbate a dozen disabled men to ejaculation. As long as they don't smell like piss.

I do have to ask though, Applesnail. why do you think prosthetic limbs are going to work for wheelchair bound people ? Are you assuming that most of them are amputees ? This makes as much sense as your Dr Kevorkian comment.

Fun fact for the day: The guy who hosts that music quiz show "Spicks & Specks" has two wooden feet.

Damn I would love to get it on with an amputee :drool2:

• Like 1

i got metal leg and i was lucky to get it on medicare.(just gotta pay the subsidy rebate on tax return each year).gotta love australias public health system one of the finest in the world! & thank the QLD police service for my new titanium robotic get up!Thanks guys! :lol:

yes these damn assumptions again of mine they are a problem with my severely unempathetic personality..please forgive my mind and laziness to include all apparent medical conditions that unfortunately make ppl wheelchair bound and assume that they are all limbless amputees and are not the results of spinal paralysis, or other conditions that i cannot think of without a medical dictionary and few more cups of wake my lazy unempathetic mind up!

what if there into urinal watersports other then ejaculation or catharta insertion disciplines...this may fall under fetish sex therapy. :scratchhead: ..this may be a problem psylo if you dont like the urea reek of the disabled!

Edited by applesnail

Fun fact for the day: The guy who hosts that music quiz show "Spicks & Specks" has two wooden feet.

the swedish seem quite fond of there wooden feet also maybe we all should sport a pair of clogs to show our support...reminds me of a saying i read somewhere once "i thought i was worse off then others in this world as my shoes were ragged and torn until i met a man who had no feet!"

Edited by applesnail

Personally, I don't think $2 million is a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, and I would rather see it spent on making the lives of parents, the disabled, and elderly happier than on businesses which should, in theory, make their own way in our capitalist economy.

According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics in a 1988 report, there were up to 100,000 people dependant on a wheelchair for mobility. In 1988 year the national population was approx 17 million. Therefore wheelchair-assisted persons accounted for 0.006 of the nation's people, a little over 1/2 a percent. This does not take into account fully restricted persons gainst occasional users, so abilities within this 1/2% will vary

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/9ba0bb65ce08ccc6ca2570820081db23/1618215db8a5c6abca25692d0083019d!OpenDocument

Applesnail, can you take a photo of your metal leg, against the backdrop of this forum ? It would be a unique twist in the progression of the chat. Feel free to take your pants off and send me a special shot of your amputation :innocent_n:

its not a amputation that i have its inserted inside my femur bone from hip to knee,a titanium rod, i lost five inchs of bone when my femur shattered with the assistance of this lovely firearm and some sporting good folk dressed in blue fetish homosexual uniforms!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock

this is the culprit who gave me my metal leg!

Edited by applesnail

Personally, I don't think $2 million is a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, and I would rather see it spent on making the lives of parents, the disabled, and elderly happier than on businesses which should, in theory, make their own way in our capitalist economy.

$6million to upgrade three stations in my municipality is $80 from every man,woman & child if we take into account the urban population figure here of 75000 (although to discredit my own words, it isnt paid for by local council, Im just illustrating a point).

The figures are irrelevant anyway, theres a scheduled rail development & underpass project this year which runs at $435MILLION DOLLARS as part of the Northern Rail Corridor upgrade (a $1.1 billion project). They'll throw an elevator in soon, i imagine.

Personally I would like to see sherpa's carrying people up & down the stairs.

And the elderly have no place being on the train network. A remote controlled chair and foxtel reruns of the Golden Girls, My Three Sons & Mr Ed... what more could they wish for? Waddaya reckon, Applesauce?

• Like 1

im not sure about allocating them foxtel this sounds costly also after all they are senior citizens, most of them may have alzheimers or dementia and may not know the difference between free to air public television and foxtel...i think best we just give them the ABC or BBC!

It's our duty as a civilised nation to look after the elderly, the infirm, the disabled and otherwise disadvantaged. We are not worthy of that status if we ignore or maltreat those who are less capable than ourselves.

If this is the case, then how can we afford not to put in elevators?

According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics in a 1988 report, there were up to 100,000 people dependant on a wheelchair for mobility. In 1988 year the national population was approx 17 million. Therefore wheelchair-assisted persons accounted for 0.006 of the nation's people, a little over 1/2 a percent. This does not take into account fully restricted persons gainst occasional users, so abilities within this 1/2% will vary

You are still ignoring the many other users who will find elevators useful. Find some statistics for the elderly (a group which is becoming larger as a percentage year on year) and mothers with children under the age of two. You can throw in drunk people too, so they don't have to negotiate dangerous steps on the way home from a drunken orgy in the city.

Seriously, aren't there some slightly less humanitarian issues that money is spent upon that could more usefully attract your ire?

aren't there some slightly less humanitarian issues that money is spent upon that could more usefully attract your ire?

That depends. is the baby bonus scheme still happening ?

In a way, the government is already supporting the idea of fucking for cash.

$6million to upgrade three stations in my municipality is $80 from every man,woman & child if we take into account the urban population figure here of 75000 (although to discredit my own words, it isnt paid for by local council, Im just illustrating a point).

So who's paying for the upgrade, your local council or the state transit authority? I strongly suspect that these upgrades don't come out of the council's annual budget, they are things that need to be applied for and funded directly by the state government. I might be wrong, of course. Over to you.

did you completely miss the statement I made in brackets ?

did you completely miss the statement I made in brackets ?

Yup. So what is your point, then?

So it's an upgrade to public transport that will benefit those who wish to use it, and those who have no choice but to use it, that will cost $80 per head and will probably last at least 20 years. That's what, a grand total of $4 per year? I spend a lot more on coffee.

For what it's worth, it is an imperative for our society to increase the amount of money spent on public transport like rail as compared to widening the main trunk roads between cities. We have already hit peak oil, and the price of fuel is skyrocketing to the point where I try to use my car as little as possible. If others aren't doing this, they will have little choice soon and the need for decent public transport will become even more critical than ever before.

Clearly, the disabled are the first to go to the wall when funding gets tight. Poor bastards.

We're not talking about a barren precinct void off accessible services.. There's over 30 busses daily each way and there are 7 of 10 stations with elevators & ramps. If you wish to take the bleeding heart approach thats dandy, but I'm entitled to comment that $6million is ridiculously opulent amount to spend on a municipal minority. As I said, I'm all for public support by way of more taxi subsidies or custom vehicle purchases, but $6M is a joke. The fact is we're talking about 10 year old financial figures, the reality would be well over $10M. For a area already very well serviced for wheelies.

The elderly & parents of young'uns can do what they have been doing for many years before all this development... and stop being so lazy. It wasn't an issue 20 years ago, so why all of a sudden do you think these demographics are suffering any more that the generations prior? Whatever the reason, as invalid as it may be,In sure Facebook is to blame.

There's a guy I see of an afternoon, he can't walk up the stairs because he's a chunky fellow, probably upwards of 200kg. He will love the elevator installation ! Yet again, Joe Q Public is paying for this guy to keep eating hot dogs.

Conversely, I have serious dental issues that are causing secondary complaints (blood poisoning, heart problems). If I told you how tax I have paid in my lifetime, you would fall of your perch. Despite using very few public services (comparative to the majority), I cannot get subsidized dental care. In 2011 I paid $6000 on dental work, and will spend as much again in 2012. Now, it seems like a reasonable proposition that all taxpayers should be entitled to essential health care. But instead the millions in state & federal funding (its jointly funded, the Northern Corridor scheme) get spend to assist half a dozen local people because they don't want to go the extra five minutes to the next accessible station. Where do we draw the line with convenience ? perhaps that fat guy can have the Sydney Monorail installed beside his bed, which then does a loop of KFC, McDonalds & the Kebab shop.

Or... maybe I'm just a selfish monster.

For what it's worth, it is an imperative for our society to increase the amount of money spent on public transport like rail as compared to widening the main trunk roads between cities. We have already hit peak oil, and the price of fuel is skyrocketing to the point where I try to use my car as little as possible. If others aren't doing this, they will have little choice soon and the need for decent public transport will become even more critical than ever before.

You will be pleased to know that the Northern Corridor, with its $1.1Billion price tag, is forecasted to take 200,000 trucks off NSW roads per annum, or a reduction of 120,000 tonnes of carbon emission.

No mention is made of the 500 truck drivers that will lose their jobs.

I'm not exactly taking a bleeding heart approach, I was asking for more information. $4 a year for 20 years doesn't sound a lot to me. Elevators are very fucking useful for parents too. If we insist on building more than just at ground level, and this is, after all, a very sensible use of the available space (another bug of mine is building housing estates on valuable farmland) then elevators are the only thing that prams can traverse. Sorry you can't see the prams for the fat guys, but children are an intrinsic part of being human. With all due respect, suggesting that all these folks (elderly, disabled, parents) are lazy isn't that fair. If they are making the effort to use public transport, I think it's great to help them out.

However, I would strongly agree that dental care should be made available free to all. Most people suffer from dental problems and related health issues, in fact there are some studies suggesting that it would be cheaper for medicare to deal with dental care rather than the problems poor dental care can cause (sorry for the garbled sentence). Perhaps we can fund dental healthcare from a different source, rather than taking away small amounts from the disabled, and the elderly, and parents?

You will be pleased to know that the Northern Corridor, with its $1.1Billion price tag, is forecasted to take 200,000 trucks off NSW roads per annum, or a reduction of 120,000 tonnes of carbon emission.

I am pleased to hear that.

No mention is made of the 500 truck drivers that will lose their jobs.

They can get a job in the fucking mines where they will be paid shit loads more.

They won't be the first to lose their livelihoods when times change, think of the people who used to look after horses, or till the fields. These thinsg don't happen overnight, and there is always something useful that someone can be done. I sympathise, yes, but people who choose to go in to a career that relies on a finite resource that is calculated to be running out, and that is polluting, should perhaps make better moral choices.

Your sympathy for those who may or may not lose their jobs over the next couple of years because of a decision made ten years ago is heart warming. I notice your sympathy doesn't extend to the disabled, the elderly, and the infirm, and people struggling to bring up children, because they are hidden behind a fat guy who eats too much shit food.

We're not talking about a barren precinct void off accessible services.. There's over 30 busses daily each way and there are 7 of 10 stations with elevators & ramps. If you wish to take the bleeding heart approach thats dandy, but I'm entitled to comment that $6million is ridiculously opulent amount to spend on a municipal minority. As I said, I'm all for public support by way of more taxi subsidies or custom vehicle purchases, but $6M is a joke. The fact is we're talking about 10 year old financial figures, the reality would be well over $10M. For a area already very well serviced for wheelies.

The elderly & parents of young'uns can do what they have been doing for many years before all this development... and stop being so lazy. It wasn't an issue 20 years ago, so why all of a sudden do you think these demographics are suffering any more that the generations prior? Whatever the reason, as invalid as it may be,In sure Facebook is to blame.

There's a guy I see of an afternoon, he can't walk up the stairs because he's a chunky fellow, probably upwards of 200kg. He will love the elevator installation ! Yet again, Joe Q Public is paying for this guy to keep eating hot dogs.

Conversely, I have serious dental issues that are causing secondary complaints (blood poisoning, heart problems). If I told you how tax I have paid in my lifetime, you would fall of your perch. Despite using very few public services (comparative to the majority), I cannot get subsidized dental care. In 2011 I paid $6000 on dental work, and will spend as much again in 2012. Now, it seems like a reasonable proposition that all taxpayers should be entitled to essential health care. But instead the millions in state & federal funding (its jointly funded, the Northern Corridor scheme) get spend to assist half a dozen local people because they don't want to go the extra five minutes to the next accessible station. Where do we draw the line with convenience ? perhaps that fat guy can have the Sydney Monorail installed beside his bed, which then does a loop of KFC, McDonalds & the Kebab shop.

Or... maybe I'm just a selfish monster.

Like when some guy doesn't want to wait an extra one minute for the escalator, or offend the delicate sensibilities of his nostrils, or hurts his poor diddums head on a train?

When I have more time I'll expand replies to your other posts...