The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
planthelper

how to stopp using

hi!

if one takes the drug(s) of choice to often, than fun becomes misery.

some people might use there afternoon beer and joint in a very moderate fashion, and this for many years, without ever having a problem with there using.

but some people don't know how to kerb there alcohol, pot, or what ever is your fancy usage.

this, http://www.shaman-au...showtopic=31276 is a good thread to show you how to feel good, when not using.

two things have to be avoided when using, finacial hardship and health problems!

if youre health doesn't suffer and you can afford it, than i don't see much of a problem, with getting onto the gear often, but if you spend your last 50 bucks on dope, and don't buy food for youre family instead, than you have a problem!

quitting your addiction can happen two way's, planed or spontanious.

for serious addictions, seek professional advice, but if you think you can do it on your own, than go for it.

some people prefere to tamper off there ammounts and replacements whilst, and others like cold turkey.

i never had an opiate or benzo, issue so i can't say much about those two, but for example nicotin withdrawl last only for 7 day's or so. everything after that is psychological withdrawl.

some people say, withdrawl is a horrible feeling, but even though one might feel sick a bit, one can tell aswell already how many things change to the better.

for example, not smoking means, not having to cough, pretty much right away.

anyway, if you wanna quite for a while, than talk to youreselfe for a while beforehand.

say to youreselfe, how good it will be for you, and that it will be easy, and it will go fast.

say to youreselfe, do i want to be a slave to my addictions or do i want to be the boss of them??!

buy youreselfe a lot of treats, once you go thrue withdrawl, some could be food treats others could be material things, those things ought to your rewards for staying away from the gear.

physical excersise is very good, and often can stopp the feeling of withdrawl totaly.

if anxiety strikes, just battle it thru it or take a single vallium, the anxiety will wear off after a few weeks.

think of all the money you save, and how you can buy healthy things for it instead.

we have disscussed this issue before here, and i hope we can either copy and paste "the best helpfull hints" of the past, or post links.

using id fun and should stay fun, if it's no fun anymore, give it a break for a while, and it will be fun again!

• Like 3

What if its not a drug that you are addicted to. What if its something like a forum, where you have to repeatedly pause the activity you are doing, and go to a source where you can get on line, be it a phone or computer, to look for new content, new messages and new images?. Just asking for other people is all, because I am certainly not addicted to the forum.

:)

• Like 4

if youre health doesn't suffer and you can afford it, than i don't see much of a problem

And if your family isn't suffering because of ones usage too.

I find that I really need to go all or nothing. So if I'm abstaining for a period I'll generally also cut out the caffeine, each healthier food, be more active etc. May as well get them all out of the way together, it's going to suck anyway right.

Strangely enough I also find it handy to have some of whatever it is (booze, ciggies, drugs etc) easily at hand while stopping. That way I feel I'm choosing not to partake, and the will grows stronger. If I don't have it at hand then my mind invariably becomes consumed with obtaining said item, and the guilt overwhelms.

Hobbies are the way to go.

I feel like the only reason I've never sank into substance abuse is because I've always had soooooo many hobbies, and I had a SHIT & highly abusive 25 years of life.

Ironically my major hobby has been ethnos, but the easy access to them makes me feel like I don't need to actually go and binge on them. Most of my plant's I've never tried, I just like growing them as pets.

• Like 1

And if your family isn't suffering because of ones usage too.

I find that I really need to go all or nothing. So if I'm abstaining for a period I'll generally also cut out the caffeine, each healthier food, be more active etc. May as well get them all out of the way together, it's going to suck anyway right.

Strangely enough I also find it handy to have some of whatever it is (booze, ciggies, drugs etc) easily at hand while stopping. That way I feel I'm choosing not to partake, and the will grows stronger. If I don't have it at hand then my mind invariably becomes consumed with obtaining said item, and the guilt overwhelms.

i find it aswell helpfull, to still have the drink in the house whilst withdrawling from it, it sort of makes it more visual what one is doing and reverses somehow the psychology behind it. it's like, i could have a drink, but i choose not to, whilst if there is no alcohol or pot around, it's just, i don't have any...

sometimes after taking a break, one might be able aswell, to alter the pattern of one's addiction, for example, to start drinking later in the day, or to eat the pot, instead of smoking.

taking a break of ones favorites, for an ethnobot is an easy task, as now one can experiment with all those other herbs, one has hardly ever otherwise time for!

some people reported, that a variety of chemicals can help to ease this transition, but for me, simply chamomile and lemon grass (not together) do the trick.

taking a break, of the gear is something one can learn over the years, and one get's better and better with it the more often one did it. for me, taking a break, can be a wonderfull experience, and one can learn to look forward to it. i try to say, it's all in the head, if the idea of stopping scares you, than re wire youreselfe, and say, it will be ok.

one can use meditative states to practice positive self suggestions.

ahh, isn't it nice to be able to do a belly laugh without coughing.