The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Opticaldelusion

The last track I made, should I continue?

pretty sweet tune. i dig it!

Although the levels of some sounds fx need to be mixed down appropriately and the bass needs more umph around 50 hz. keep going with this

i used a pair of adam a7x's to listen to this tune.

BTW are you on soundcloud?

Cheers! Yeah the mix is muddy and I lost a lot of quality converting to youtube. I have heaps of drama trying to get that nice fat rubbery bass though. No I'm not on soundcloud, I prob should though. I left this one to go on youtube just to see if I got any major hits before I decide whether I should learn a new DAW or just leave it all alone. It takes so much time and without some major hardware i just don't know if I can get up to scratch with the good producers.

Anyway, it's still fun. Are you on soundcloud?

Would be keen to hear your stuff if you are.

Cheers.

really cool man!

i dont listen to psytrance much these days, there's a lot of generic stuff around but i quite like what you've written here

production quality hard to tell on the tube, but for home listening it doesnt matter anyway

the visuals were nice too

keep at it!

Yeah keep at it mate, I enjoyed it (and the others on your channel).

Thats my soundcloud. most of the stuff on there is pretty outdated. it was all produced on logitech speakers but i had fun making these tracks anyway even if not dynamically rich.

Oh their all bits and bobs aswell no real full tunes.

Edited by Alienteaparty

I like your ideas man. Very nice attention to detail, and sound is pretty crisp. When you say 50hz on my bass, do you mean add more to the EQ? Just interested cos I have always "taken away from" with EQ, under the impression you shoudn't raise frequencies but cut out conflicts on other channels instead. I also find that the whole mix changes when I render anyway, so dynamics are hard to nail regardless so I dunno....

What software are u using? And are you just using plugins or hardware as well? I find it hard to steer away from FL9 as I have been using fruity for years. Every time I go to make the leap to Cubase, FL launch a new edition and I can't pull away from it. I know it's not 'conventional' to many, but for sequencing I find it great.

And I hate learning from the beginning again! :BANGHEAD2:

really cool man!

i dont listen to psytrance much these days, there's a lot of generic stuff around but i quite like what you've written here

production quality hard to tell on the tube, but for home listening it doesnt matter anyway

the visuals were nice too

keep at it!

WOW! AjnaI really like what you are doing with your music! I think I would be better off with a pair of decent headphones and some time to do some mind travel to truly appreciate this stuff though, I will have to make the effort to do this. Thanks for the link hey!

thanks muchly :) i would be flattered should you choose to take the time to travel to my tunes!

Haha, then I shall flatter thee, you should put some inaudible binaurals in there and 'lift' everything to a whole new level!

hehe good call... i'm kinda workin on it, there's binaural singing bowls in the latest track :P but not sure what frequency they would be generating...just experimenting

Great stuff! You should be proud. You clearly have good ideas, motivation and talent.

Comparing the mixing/audio quality of your homegrown tunes vs professional stuff is unfair. There are probably things you can do to get a cleaner and more alive mix even with your current DAW/setup as has been said here, but if you want the professional polish - why not work towards it? That said, there's so much professionally produced stuff around today that is plain BORING. But you're stuff is not boring, and a professional polish on it could only help.

Only you can answer the question of whether you should continue. I'm sure you know the answer, and what the next step is.

In my opionion - Rock on! Keep going.

hehe good call... i'm kinda workin on it, there's binaural singing bowls in the latest track :P but not sure what frequency they would be generating...just experimenting

Bowls are so amazing I don't think it matters what frequency they are generating! Keep it up.