The Corroboree
planthelper

oz politics suck, the nanna state, some tv stations are biased

i think abc news and ch24 is the best news program we have, and on top they are non biased.

ch9 & ch7, show some bias, but they try not to make it to obvious, but i hate that, because they influence the viewers to vote for the coalition.

sbs is very good aswell and non biased.

that just shits me, as most australiens are just like sheep...

for example when, they increased the retirement age from 65 up to 67, nobody on the street cared about this. whilst the same thing, overseas, led to millions of people demonstrating.

or anna bligh, one time she say's, i want a nucelar power plant in gladstone, and a few months later (after fukoshima), her advisers claim, she is against nucelar power.

in oz politicians can get away with anything.

both parties claim, it's there good governing, (in the past,or the current) which made oztralia to overcome the global crisis, but this is bullshit, it's our mining and resources which are bought from china and india, which make us strong, and every idiot can dig minerals out of the ground.

i feel we, have to be more carefull with our resources, because minerals are gone once you sold them, they will not grow back.

aswell they can't keep a clean budget, what a bad example for the people.

debt is a terrible thing, it's the modern form of slavery, and the rich money lenders are laughing all the way to the bank.

oz, is a sissy state, were everything that is fun, is forbidden.

the goverment wastes millions on fire works, but us, the people are not allowed to let of a cracker at new years eve????

the rest of the world allowes people to have bb guns, and air guns without a licence, once you turn 18, and it works fine. you are not even allowed to collect many types of fossils in australia.

this reminds me of how people got treated inthe colonies, it's time to stand up for the rights which other people have all over the world

i hate all those patronising laws, and i think it's time to change them!

• Like 3

ch9 & ch7, show some bias

some? i'd say they show as much right wing bias as anyone. they're basically as visual medium for spruiking news ltd. papers. at least 7 was, can't remember about 9**. of course now gina rinehart's buying up fairfax and with the murdoch clan running channel 10, they've gone the same way. i think you can pretty much rule out all of australian mainstream media as having any neutral positions about anything.

**oh i remember now the "scandal" about the rugby guy shilling for clubs australia against the pokies reform, showing unequivocally they're not opposed to cash for comments style "opinion".

as far as australian politics go all majors are a joke. they're all in the pockets of whoever has enough money. except for Rio and BHP, as has been pointed out they don't need to buy politicians, they just need to launch a substantive misinformation campaign and the sheep will lap it up, with the help of right wing "journalists" to peddle fiction and innuendo as though it's fact. i suppose there's a deep confirmation bias going on in a lot of people, maybe thats what happens when people experience of "news" is wrapped into a two minute piece.

• Like 1

Nearly all of our newspapers are owned by one particular entity that has been running an overt campaign against everything not liberal since John Howard got elected.

ABC news rocks the rest are full of selective reporting...theres even a police media liason unit WTF so they can brainwash the community that cops are good when in reality there more corrupt then skase!

Edited by applesnail
  • Like 1

neutral has shifted to the right, now right extremism seems like right and left seems like left extremism.

politics is a joke, the only ones laughing are big business.

media controls public opinion, public opinion controls politics, politics controls law and regulation (or lack of, when it comes to media), big business controls all.

good job at doing anything acma. good job everything.

vote 1, tony 'fear monger' abbott

• Like 1

oh and it's funny when people complain about abc news being left bias, when they are actually neutral, because if it's not right, it's left bias.

it's funny when "journalists" cry "media watch is a joke/waste of tax payers $$$" when their propaganda etc is exposed on media watch.

journalism is dead.

• Like 1

oh and it's funny when people complain about abc news being left bias, when they are actually neutral, because if it's not right, it's left bias.

reminds me of when al jazeera was labelled a terrorist mouthpiece by Rumsfeld because they wouldn't ignore all the lies and war crimes they were guilty of. but i think largely australia is a conservative/right of centre nation. did i hear that the 50% of the voting public was over 50? certainly explains a lot in terms of the political climate.

i dont have a tv.

Turn off your TV.

i just imagined your frog shouting that at me.

Edited by qualia
  • Like 1

such a good avatar, i enjoy looking at it, and especially enjoy reading cunt frog then seeing the avatar.

Like I was talking to you chnt.

It's a pity how much trust people put into the media, be it television, radio or newspaper. As far as I'm concerned the commercial avenues are the least trustworthy, I think it's a conflict of interest if you get paid based on ratings and you're presenting the news. The news should either be funded by the government based on an award(which unfortunately could potentially be biased to the government for fear or having funding cuts) or not for profit(which unfortunately could be biased depending on who actually is funding the program).

The short answer is, every single human on earth is biased. When humans gather in groups, that group becomes biased. Every relationship on earth from a human to a human, to a human to a group, to a government to a population, to a corporation to a government, every single relationship and connection has an imbalance of power. Unfortunately too much of humanity finds that imbalance too tempting to resist.

Power is horrible, without power we are all free.

Edited by Distracted

pot calling the kettle black

• Like 2

reminds me of when al jazeera was labelled a terrorist mouthpiece by Rumsfeld because they wouldn't ignore all the lies and war crimes they were guilty of.

yep, the american sodlier, has never commited war crimes, and raped children in nam, because the bully, writtes the history books.

ABC news rocks the rest are full of selective reporting...theres even a police media liason unit WTF so they can brainwash the community that cops are good when in reality there more corrupt then skase!

i hate those cop shows, and always change the channel these day's when they are on.

most of the cops in those shows, get drunk on the authority they have, as one can clearly see, when they do an arrest. sting operations, for prostitution in the usa, who the fuck needs to see that shit in oz??? here prostitution is legal thank god. they definately try to brainwash us.

and guess what, they same channels, who are biased and run all this stupid shows, aswell run those, preacher shows from north america!!!! i hate those preachers shows as they are the ultimate tool of keeping humans, stupid, chained up, and moraly poor!

if you forgive somebodies sins (for money only, hehehe) it means they can do it again, without changing the bad behavior, and thats why all those christian churches are full of pedos.

guess what, most of my girfriends with early childhood sexuall traumas, came from ultra christian backround.

• Like 1

guess what, most of my girfriends with early childhood sexuall traumas, came from ultra christian backround.

Just realised that this rings true with me as well. Awesome.

Only news that I would bother to watch is SBS world news, the rest is just straightup propaganda.

There is the media news - like 7 and NBN news - then it goes to shows like Today Tonight, Sunrise and Seven PM project. Because they are presented in an entertaining 'news-style' format people happily lap up what they say as fact, but that's when it hits people hardest. Outright brainwashing.

I haven't watched television in a long time.

I find that the Naked News can be rather informative.

oz, is a sissy state, were everything that is fun, is forbidden.

the goverment wastes millions on fire works, but us, the people are not allowed to let of a cracker at new years eve????

the rest of the world allowes people to have bb guns, and air guns without a licence, once you turn 18, and it works fine. you are not even allowed to collect many types of fossils in australia.

Lets face it for all practical purposes everything is illegal in australia unless a Gov specifically says otherwise! & if someone point out something that they missed they pretty quickly set about making it illegal.

Rule #1 never tell TPTB anything! unless you are worth millions or are a forign investor they arent there to help you!

How many ppl break dozens of laws every day without even realizing it? And if you point it out to them most refuse to believe that the government would be idiotic enough to ban something that they have done for most of their lives

i hate all those patronising laws, and i think it's time to change them!

Nice idea but face it, unless a law is being replaced with something far more draconian laws are rarely repealed. just amended or new ones added. Hell a few days ago i watched a commentator praising the Gillard gov for how much new legislation they have managed to push through. It kinda reminds me of the tales of Rome :BANGHEAD2:

neutral has shifted to the right, now right extremism seems like right and left seems like left extremism.

politics is a joke, the only ones laughing are big business.

media controls public opinion, public opinion controls politics, politics controls law and regulation (or lack of, when it comes to media), big business controls all.

good job at doing anything acma. good job everything.

vote 1, tony 'fear monger' abbott

True but all things move in cycles, no matter how big & powerfull something is there is always something that will sweep it aside. NOTHING IS FOREVER!

Just had to add this thought "Adolf Hitler did break a single law while he was in power was"(true) the point being that just because something is law does not make it fair or just.

Edited by shortly

Just realised that this rings true with me as well. Awesome.

Only news that I would bother to watch is SBS world news, the rest is just straightup propaganda.

There is the media news - like 7 and NBN news - then it goes to shows like Today Tonight, Sunrise and Seven PM project. Because they are presented in an entertaining 'news-style' format people happily lap up what they say as fact, but that's when it hits people hardest. Outright brainwashing.

I haven't watched television in a long time.

good you mention the "project" on ch 5 (which is ten) at 18h, there we can see a perfect example of how they, manage to brainwash and turn around some people. on this show, is a person which i think is called hughs'e (i'm terrible with names), this guy, was ultra cool as a comedian, and his ces comedy stories, produced the biggest laughter ever.

so basicly he was one of us, but now that he is married and on that stupid show, he did a 100% turn around, and has become a moral apostel. the lure of money, has converted him, huysi, i'm deeply dissapointed in you!

but you know some people are still ultra cool, and not afraid of saying what they feel they have to say (and this includes drug use) and the foremost person of that kind is andrew denton (good news week).

as shortly say's in post #17, it's hard to get laws changed for the better, but there are some glimmers of hope.

for example, when a sniffer dog, lifted the testicals of a person in byron bay, the whole communety stood up!

and this reminds me of some othere awsome people, the people who produce the echo in bb, and the late

Nicholas McLeish Shand, who single handedly fought and won a battle, against police misconduct, regarding pot usage!!

http://www.echo.net....founding-editor

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 1

It completely boggles my mind at the OBVIOUS tactics used by the mainstream media (especially Today Tonight, ACA) to evoke brainwashing responses in the audience. Da Da DAAAAA music when some muddy bad-politician of the week has a soundbyte taken completely out of context. The baddy in question changes according to the flavours of the time to which papers/shows will sell more. Eg Gillard v. Rudd... Abbott is doing the smartest thing he's done in a loooong time by letting the media work up this "showdown" which Gillard obviously wants nothing to do with and Rudd's playing the underdog victim. He's (Abbott) not saying boo which is about the least we've heard of his wingnutted monghead pre-practiced speeches in a long time. That man won't say anything that his spin doctors haven't approved. The media (and dumbass vox pops) scream for Gillard to hold a real election because they say nobody voted for her... Ummm wtf was that election last year she beat Abbott in? Ummmm who the fuck votes for ONE person and not the entire party's ideals? The COALITION bleats and moans about the Greens holding up the Labor votes but hang on, why don't the Nats get dragged over the coals for being a party to the Liberals???

There was an interview with Gillard and that drunken looking back-from-the-journalistic-grave dude on the channel 7 Sunday programme a few weekends ago... to any person in their seeming right mind (IMHO anyway) he comes off as an utter red-eyed drunken prat repeating the same boring irrelevant questions, to which she stood her ground and he just kept trying to make her look evasive. Look I vote Greens, but as far as I can see in the top three turd sandwich candidates for running this country (realistically Gillard/Rudd/Abbott), I think she's more real and has far bigger hairy love eggs than the other two.

Also there's supposed to be a law in this country whereby a company cannot own all three media TV/Radio/Newspaper, but the new idea to repeal that law has been so hush-hush that I can't even recall whether it was passed or not! So much for laws against media bias!!

Edited by FancyPants

I find that the Naked News can be rather informative.

nothing beats the Korean cartoon news

• Like 2

if you guys haven't already you should see brass eye and the day today. the latter is standard spoof news but brass eye is is spoof ACA/Today Tonight style current affairs. what makes it funnier is the people featured are actually thinking it's all real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmluVi0Ld58

• Like 1

got any clarky cat?

i watched this one a fair while ago but have not seen any others, perhaps i should look into it

if one lissens to a person for a while, than one can get an idea how high there IQ is.

sometimes, the IQ can be camoflaged by mental conditions though.

but in short, it's very obvious that abbot, is not very smart, but he's a good bully and that's why he's the leader of the opposition.

bishop is twice as smart as him, gillard, rudd, and most others are much more educated and smarter than tony....but wait, now i understand, oz politics copy the shit from the usa, where a low IQ person (talking bush jnr here, and he had an alcohol damaged brain aswell) can become president, not to forget ronald aswell, hehehe.

McDonald?