The Corroboree
hypnotoad

Help with sick argyreia nervosa

Got it as a cutting, it's had heaps of leaves but they all get these yellow spots on them, lose colour and fall off. Whut it dew?

Picture005.jpg

probably some sort of a pest animal, it looks to me like it's worse underneath the leaves.

i suggest a very close inspection using a magnifying glass, and report back to us, what you see.

i would spray with pyrethrum, or neem (both sides), but don't burn the leaves (hose down the leaves with water after 3min or so).

probably you have to repeat the process.

propably a sap sucking critter, but it's hard to say looking at this pic.

i guess this plant is indoors, outdoors those things are never as bad, chances are she could recover from just being outside, and in the rain...

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 1

Or, that potting mix looks like it might be very wet. They are very susceptible to rot when young, and it's difficult to come back from. Water sparingly and add liquid food when watering and check for the mealies too.

• Like 2

check for ants on it....the yellow spots are often on caapi and agreiya, something to do with a nectar, aphid ,ant symbiotic relationship....

ive got aphids on my agreiyas a fair bit....

young HBWR are certainly susceptible to rot.....they love their root space, and love been grounded if possible, and IMO will never truly go nuts unless grounded or in a VERY big pot

• Like 3

second that Lokstock, they like heaps of water but not wet feet

• Like 1

Respect All! Total agreement with this line of thinking - "water molds" oomycotes sending pH down - the way the laminar "web" is going chlorotic and not the leaf veins, suggests things are going "sour". Can you pH check? - some shop potting mixtures worse than 'manure" shall we say.

How's the light hours? It's a bit of a long day plant. Regards!

you are not giving any info on what climate you live in and what sun the plant receives. I wouldnt worry too much tough

PH is right, if it's warm let it out. Also repot to as big container as you can, as long as you dont get nasty frosts in winter and have to bring in in winter.

If you get frosts, you can balance the pain in the back by using an average sizes pot or even better send it to someone who can really make the plant happy.

• Like 1