The Corroboree
sharxx101

Looking for a Spanish tutor

Hi everyone,

I am going to Peru soon and need to learn Spanish. I would like a tutor that is from Peru if possible as I wish to learn some Quichua as well.

If you can help please let me know, need to be in Melbourne and Northern or Western suburbs prefered. I can pay cash or cactus for the tutoring.

Not long now not even two months to go :)

LOOK NO FURTHER!

cmon now!

• Like 1

thanks for posting that i really need to learn Spanish as my girlfriend and her whole family speak it

Just realized that if I plan on going to Peru (which I do), I also need to know Spanish. :/

muy bein

thanks for that insight blunt, just realised the same thing...

lol

La puerta, esta abierta!

La puerta! Esta ABIERTA!!!

im pretty sure my door is closed

Youtube seems to be a good medium ...

There's this beautiful girl that gives Arabic classes btw,

Forget about Quechua, first of all, one language is enough, second of all, it's hard to find material, third, it's not related to our languages. A lil' bit too much ... Spanish is more than enough. Beautiful language

Spanish isn't that beautiful when you hear a whole family speaking it they almost sounds crazy hehehe

but maybe that's just me and because I cant understand them

heh, they speak fast as hey.

but, i started learning japanese a while ago, and i'll say again the pimsleur language packs are quite great. i had a learning book with it too with romaji translations which helped, but if you can get a copy of that you could learn at least basic spanish, enough to get you by. i think, for me, the greatest difficulty in learning a language is not being immersed in it. take at least half an hour a day to learn, but without being in an environment where it's being used all the time it's difficult to keep up. i'm sure you'll be ok though you have the motivation to keep learning.

heh, they speak fast as hey.

but, i started learning japanese a while ago, and i'll say again the pimsleur language packs are quite great. i had a learning book with it too with romaji translations which helped, but if you can get a copy of that you could learn at least basic spanish, enough to get you by. i think, for me, the greatest difficulty in learning a language is not being immersed in it. take at least half an hour a day to learn, but without being in an environment where it's being used all the time it's difficult to keep up. i'm sure you'll be ok though you have the motivation to keep learning.

awesome ill have to look into that

thanks

Worse thing I found with spanish is that they speak different levels of complexity for want of a better term in different countries. I had no idea about that before arriving and in one country their spanish was far more complicated than the simple 'muchos carne' crap...

hmm thanks Zen...

I need to learn Chilean Spanish then arghh why is every thing so complicated

I learnt to say cerveza con limon y sal. I ordered those a lot. funnily enough the dodgy pedophile-looking guys could always say marijuana and mushrooms in englihs.

spanishpod101.com - it's a paid site, but if it's anything like the japanese site it'll be quite good. you can get free trial memberships and download the material, but if you know how to exploit trials you can get everything you need for free.

NB: make sure to do a search though on these sites (the language 101 sites). there's wide and valid criticism about the marketing practices but if you don't give them your credit card details you're right.

Edited by qualia