The Corroboree
neomad

Look what I got in the mail today

Question

I received some cuttings in the post today! :lol: They are supposed to be trich. bridgesii cuttings.

med_gallery_10576_494_284971.jpgmed_gallery_10576_494_417458.jpg

To my untrained eyes they only resemble my other (confirmed) bridgesii in the length of the thorns. Then again these look like they come from much older plants than my other one.

Anybody like to say what they might be?

Edited by neomad
  • Like 1

8 answers to this question

Yeah there bridgesii weird that the spines point up though mine all point down

They could be some kind of hybrid, some of my hybrids have upward pointing spines, and they look a little fatter than your average bridgesii.

bridgesii's fo sure!

• Like 1

looks like bridgessi to me.

Did they come in cardboard tubing? Perhaps the person who packaged them put them in the tube arse-first, thus bending all the spines in this unusual direction?

• Like 1

yeah pretty sure the spines have been squashed that way in transit

Getting cactus in the mail after getting home from work is one of my favorite feelings.

As above, looks bridgesioid.

• Like 1

Howdy all,

As some of you have guessed they came packed in cardboard tubes and it could very well be that the spines got bent while being shoved in. I have bought two other cuttings (peruvianus & bridg) from the same guy before and those previous two were so tightly packed in their tubes that after I removed them most of their spines fell off.

The main reason I was initially thrown is that they are indeed very fat. They are as fat as the peruvianus cutting I got from the same guy, much fatter than the previous bridgesii cutting (although appear quite similar), and a large cuzco i also have. Maybe he decided to send the fatter ones as it was my second order from him.

I guess i'll get busy planting the bridgesii and terscheckii seeds I recently acquired. :D

Edited by neomad